Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Powerlab GT35R 8lbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei
Good reason not to spend money on stupid fiberglass bumpers that are not wind tunnel tested.
and the G and Z are wind tunneled tested? i dont think so lol
Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Elperuano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im still on stock 06 bumper with no heat issues at all neither but i bought the k2 remix bumper to try sumthin different... intercooler will be exposed to more air of course... think it'll make a noticable difference?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:16 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But remember, don't have heat issues but at HIGH speeds (think 180mph) the factory fiberglass clip doesn't flex, it cracks.

Tom

Originally Posted by Andrei
Good reason not to spend money on stupid fiberglass bumpers that are not wind tunnel tested.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Elperuano

yea i think i remember reading some bumpers jus shredding apart at high speeds... i think i read alberto had a similar problem as well...

Got my ac recharged thursday.... like greengoblin said it was the best money ever spent
Car is running great... I have to give props to Intense for the design n reliability of this kit. I know in FI there's always a gamble but of course u can take extra precautions to minimize the BOOM...
Kit well designed, great install job by GreenGoblin and my tuner Roger @ Japtrix with a great safe conservative tune = lots n lots of fun!
I was very fortunate to have a great FI experience and now im into researching and learning as much to get a better understanding of how it all works.
Gotta love that i can freely smash on the gas pedal without the worries of something going wrong
*KNOCKS ON WOOD*
Old 07-25-2010, 09:53 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ something can always go wrong! But I know what you mean, enjoy it
Old 07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
It will be just fine.
yes.. i said it more in the sense that if you are going to push it 25-30psi... it makes sense to have a stronger spring...
Old 07-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Andrei

Originally Posted by thom000001
But remember, don't have heat issues but at HIGH speeds (think 180mph) the factory fiberglass clip doesn't flex, it cracks.

Tom
But that depends on on the lower engine cover. I got the aluminum one. I can put my full weight on the front bumper now without it ripping off.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Andrei

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
and the G and Z are wind tunneled tested? i dont think so lol
Says you. The 03-04 Nismo G35 sedan and 05-06 has a 0.26 drag coefficient. The stock bumper is made of several different parts and there is a front splitter on 05-06 sedans which is not used on fiberglass mock ups. All the fiberglass bumpers I've seen look like they resist air flow.
Originally Posted by Elperuano
yea i think i remember reading some bumpers jus shredding apart at high speeds... i think i read alberto had a similar problem as well...

Got my ac recharged thursday.... like greengoblin said it was the best money ever spent
Car is running great... I have to give props to Intense for the design n reliability of this kit. I know in FI there's always a gamble but of course u can take extra precautions to minimize the BOOM...
Kit well designed, great install job by GreenGoblin and my tuner Roger @ Japtrix with a great safe conservative tune = lots n lots of fun!
I was very fortunate to have a great FI experience and now im into researching and learning as much to get a better understanding of how it all works.
Gotta love that i can freely smash on the gas pedal without the worries of something going wrong
*KNOCKS ON WOOD*
Get the aluminum lower cover. Problem solved.

Last edited by Andrei; 07-25-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
yes.. i said it more in the sense that if you are going to push it 25-30psi... it makes sense to have a stronger spring...
i will be running that high of pressure.

but like stated, both sides will see that pressure, the only difference is one side gets the spring pressure so idk how that would effect it not working properly when 7psi is more than enough to hold that valve shut. i'm not an expert at it though.

tial said it only depends on the vac at idle so that's what i'm going by.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Elperuano

Wish I was runnin that much...
Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

but you will
Old 07-29-2010, 08:55 PM
Elperuano

some fun i had last night at the local hangout on 27

God I love my car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SowO8BvtQPw

fully built b16 (minus sleeves i think) on 16lbs of boost also didnt have the passenger seat in..
my powerlab gt35r 8lbs 20' wheels on stretched tires with my buddy recording...
40 roll wit tires slippin but once i popped 3rd n got traction i started pullin
Old 07-30-2010, 06:11 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

typical boosted B16 around 16psi is about mid 300whp @8000 rpms and runs mid 12s quarter. 250 ft-lbs trq FTL!
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1365747

Nice kill!

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-30-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Elperuano

Yea it was a fun race.. Also gotta consider in the weight factor... That lil rocket coupe he had i think I could've almost bench pressed that car!
Plus rollin on 20's wit stretched tires makes for an interesting ride soon as full boost kicks in
Anyway just enjoyin the hell out of my car for now
Old 07-30-2010, 07:55 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

what car was that b16 in? i couldn't see well in the vid
Old 07-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Elperuano

was like a 95-97 coupe.. (not too sure on the year) when i went to talk to him later he also had no passenger seat in lol...
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 AM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Very Nice! I need to get some vids up too! First day with the car tuned on low boost I was terrorizing some Evo’s, Mustang’s, AMG’S…
Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

off topic but good info:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/nissan-350z-design1.htm

350Z Aerodynamics
In developing the 350Z's body, engineers spent lots of time in Nissan Technical Center's wind tunnel testing the 350Z aerodynamics. But not for the reasons you might think.

©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
The underside of the car was designed to be perfectly flat and reduce lift.

This was a sports car, bulging with muscularity and character -- not some bar-of-soap science experiment. The bragging rights for the car with the world's lowest coefficient of drag would have to wait.

Instead, the aerodynamic work was directed primarily at attaining zero body lift. Increased stability would be the benefit, with lower wind noise a pleasant side effect. By managing the airflow under the car, the tendency of the body to lift during high-speed driving was eliminated and the car felt as if it was driving in a vacuum. The precise handling experienced at low speeds could also be enjoyed at high speeds.

The myriad changes that resulted from this research were subtle, but important. For starters, the 350Z's floor was designed to be as flat as possible, with few pieces protruding and creating drag. The exhaust system was routed to hug the underbody, with the crossflow muffler laid out flat.

The fuel tank was tucked up under the floor beneath the luggage area. The front bumper and engine undercover were shaped to help compress the air and increase its velocity -- thus decreasing the pressure and creating a vacuum under the car, sucking it to the ground.

At the rear of the engine, undercover airflow was dispersed to reduce lift. Air was guided and further hustled along through floor side farings and underfloor deflectors. In addition to a rear diffuser to reduce rear lift, the Track model featured a small chin spoiler behind the bumper and an equally minimal deck spoiler at the rearmost edge of the hatch door.

Considering the not-inconsiderable bulges over its wheelhousings, the base 350Z netted a respectable 0.30 coefficient of drag. For the Track model, the Cd dropped to a rather slippery 0.29.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
off topic but good info: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/nissan-350z-design1.htm
350Z Aerodynamics
In developing the 350Z's body, engineers spent lots of time in Nissan Technical Center's wind tunnel testing the 350Z aerodynamics. But not for the reasons you might think. ©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
The underside of the car was designed to be perfectly flat and reduce lift.
This was a sports car, bulging with muscularity and character -- not some bar-of-soap science experiment. The bragging rights for the car with the world's lowest coefficient of drag would have to wait. Instead, the aerodynamic work was directed primarily at attaining zero body lift. Increased stability would be the benefit, with lower wind noise a pleasant side effect. By managing the airflow under the car, the tendency of the body to lift during high-speed driving was eliminated and the car felt as if it was driving in a vacuum. The precise handling experienced at low speeds could also be enjoyed at high speeds. The myriad changes that resulted from this research were subtle, but important. For starters, the 350Z's floor was designed to be as flat as possible, with few pieces protruding and creating drag. The exhaust system was routed to hug the underbody, with the crossflow muffler laid out flat. The fuel tank was tucked up under the floor beneath the luggage area. The front bumper and engine undercover were shaped to help compress the air and increase its velocity -- thus decreasing the pressure and creating a vacuum under the car, sucking it to the ground. At the rear of the engine, undercover airflow was dispersed to reduce lift. Air was guided and further hustled along through floor side farings and underfloor deflectors. In addition to a rear diffuser to reduce rear lift, the Track model featured a small chin spoiler behind the bumper and an equally minimal deck spoiler at the rearmost edge of the hatch door. Considering the not-inconsiderable bulges over its wheelhousings, the base 350Z netted a respectable 0.30 coefficient of drag. For the Track model, the Cd dropped to a rather slippery 0.29.
Uhhhhh cool story bro....
Old 07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaha +1, he musta been thinking it was another thread where the wind tunnel testing of the Z had come into question.

Quick Reply: Powerlab GT35R 8lbs