Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

400hp goal

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^

It looks like Vas' is spooling up a little faster than the TN kit. Your turbo with the .58 a/r certainly is spooling up faster than the TN kit, almost as fast as twin GT2871s. I would love to see the dyno graph on that. That looks like it would be a good solution for the OP since he appears to be concerned about lag. What is the price on the kit with the .58 a/r turbo?

Last edited by ttg35fort; 06-22-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
^^^^

It looks like Vas' is spooling up a little faster than the TN kit. Your turbo with the .58 a/r certainly is spooling up faster than the TN kit, almost as fast as twin GT2871s. I would love to see the dyno graph on that. That looks like it would be a good solution for the OP since he appears to be concerned about lag. What is the price on the kit with the .58 a/r turbo?

Pricing is here:
https://my350z.com/forum/members/141...rformance.html
Old 06-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Netacoma2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by devildriver421
I was thinking borla headers and borla catback.
I love my Borla headers and exhaust....they sound muscley, not ricey, and have been a satisfying choice for me. My only regret is that I did not get the system coated before installation; you 'll notice they don't have heat shields like the OEM headers.

Last edited by Netacoma2003; 06-23-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Netacoma2003
I love my Borla headers and exhaust....they sound muscley, not ricey, and have been a satisfying choice for me. My only regret is that I did not get the system coated before installation; you 'll notice they don't have heat shields like the OEM headers.
Will the Borla headers work with the TN single turbo kit?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM
ffwturboZ

I recently purchased an 03 track with the PL kit. I t looks clean and the power is there pretty fast. The only issue I dont like it the turbo being so close to the intake pipe which causes the intake temps to climb. But a simple turbo shield, exhaust wrap can take care of that. I also noticed that the previous owner had insulated the coolant lines and the clutch line since the exhaust pipes are so close to the lines. I have not been able to realy track test it since the RPS clutch that was installed went to hell... I since installed a CC STG 4 and breaking it in is killing me...lol

Last edited by ffwturboZ; 06-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Synjn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seymore4
Do NOT boost it.

Take 3K and spend it on bolt-ons and an Osiris tune. Take the other 5K and buy a busted 240 with an SR swap that goes really fast. And enjoy your Z for another 4 years relatively trouble free.
Dont waste your time or $ on bolt on's alone. All you will be is dissapointed. You could easily spend 3k on bolt on's for a measly 30hp.

You turbo on stock bottom end that TQ is going to snap a rod. Just ask around. Even on low boost.

Get the Vortech. Easy install, you'll learn everything, DYI and have a blast doin it. And wont have to worry about blowing your motor. Well not exactly...

Also if you plan on driving in Cali, don't even think about a turbo. The police here know their sh$%. Long as you pass the visual (vortech) like me, you're good.

Don't get me wrong I wish I could turbo, and I have a built motor. You'll be plenty satisfied with a vortech, trust.

Last edited by Synjn; 06-25-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 AM
roger22

Maybe twin Stillen S/C's?????:icon30 :
Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM
devildriver421

Originally Posted by Synjn
Dont waste your time or $ on bolt on's alone. All you will be is dissapointed. You could easily spend 3k on bolt on's for a measly 30hp.

You turbo on stock bottom end that TQ is going to snap a rod. Just ask around. Even on low boost.

Get the Vortech. Easy install, you'll learn everything, DYI and have a blast doin it. And wont have to worry about blowing your motor. Well not exactly...

Also if you plan on driving in Cali, don't even think about a turbo. The police here know their sh$%. Long as you pass the visual (vortech) like me, you're good.

Don't get me wrong I wish I could turbo, and I have a built motor. You'll be plenty satisfied with a vortech, trust.

I plan on registering the car in NY(my home of record), so emissions aren't a big concern. And I've heard the exact opposite about the bottom end. I don't plan on taking it to the strip, so I won't be launching it. Those transmissions can handle 400hp as long as you don't beat the **** out of em nonstop, which I dont plan on doing.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM
ashtrojan2008

let him learn it the hard way like many of us did. let him get the TN, chunk a rod, etc etc. the advice is here if he takes it, good. if not, oh well.

on the subject of going overseas and building cars, my friend is in Iraq and I'm building his 2jz-gte s13. It's a beast
Attached Thumbnails 400hp goal-090.jpg  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
06daytona

I'm going vortech in about a month. I would love to go turbo but I can't afford to dump more money incase something breaks, it just sounds like the vortech is the best way to get safe boost and close to 400whp. That's my goal too, but I already have spacer,mrev,hfc,aps 2.5 td. Hopefully I won't be too far away with the tunner kit for the revup =) good luck op! It sounds like your hell bent on getting the tn kit and your looking for approval? People have given advice to you. Use it or not is up to you =)
Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

[QUOTE=Synjn;8481523]
QUOTE]

No FI is "safe"... I've heard of motors going boom with vortechs too
Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 PM
06daytona

yeah anything is possible but the vortech is a safer way to boost
Old 06-25-2010, 07:42 PM
devildriver421

Originally Posted by ashtrojan2008
let him learn it the hard way like many of us did. let him get the TN, chunk a rod, etc etc. the advice is here if he takes it, good. if not, oh well.

on the subject of going overseas and building cars, my friend is in Iraq and I'm building his 2jz-gte s13. It's a beast
Thanks for your oh so helpful post. Someone comes on here asking for advice and guidance and you tell them to go do whatever they want and mess their **** up. What would anyone do without useful people like you?

To everyone else who is actually not worthless, thanks for all the advice. I think I'm going to stray from the TN kit after hearing some stories, from other friends as well. APS and Powerlab make kits that are in the same price range(ish) and are higher quality, as well as Boosted Performance on here. The S/C is still on the table, I'm going up to Stillen hq next week to take a ride in their car to see if that's the route I may want to go.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

You will not find a new APS single kit, they discontinued them in like '08.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM
ashtrojan2008

Thanks for your oh so helpful post. Someone comes on here asking for advice and guidance and you tell them to go do whatever they want and mess their **** up. What would anyone do without useful people like you?

To everyone else who is actually not worthless, thanks for all the advice. I think I'm going to stray from the TN kit after hearing some stories, from other friends as well. APS and Powerlab make kits that are in the same price range(ish) and are higher quality, as well as Boosted Performance on here. The S/C is still on the table, I'm going up to Stillen hq next week to take a ride in their car to see if that's the route I may want to go.

no man what annoys the **** out of me is when hardheaded people like you that have not done one bit of research come on here and ask for advice, then get it, then say "ah, no i'm going to do this." then people give more advice.. and you still stick with your original plan against 99% of advice. Why did you ask advice in the first place? sorry it just seems like a waste of all of our time. I wouldn't have said anything but read over the first two pages and see that you listened to no one about the TN kit. I have given this forum useful information, such as in my build thread. worthless. lol. what have you added to the community? you are just a little misinformed to tackle this build without our help yet you don't listen. i.e. twins spool slow... big *** twins or a small *** single.. sure twins spool slow in that case. you've just caught be on a bad day, i check up on the forum to see what's new, read through here, and get aggravated. You won't hear from me on this thread anymore, but don't ask for my advice that you won't take either.
Good day
ross
Old 06-25-2010, 11:56 PM
dgf12l

check this out : 412WHP @ 6 psi, on a stock motor with 91 octane fuel http://www.speedforceracing.com/inde...productID=1014

it should have everything you need.. but i would use the money you have left over to get the uprev etune kit i think it's around $500 and bring it in for a tune..... you can set different maps from cruise control which will allow you to really control what boost you want at that time.

It should even have instructions on how to install it all...

... or you could just throw on some of the best bang for your buck bolt on's like test pipes, exhaust, plenum spacer, jwt pop charger, pulleys and jwt cams ...... get the uprev etune kit $500........get some spray and accessories $1000.... i think the stock block can hold 100 shot all day long.... which should put you around 380-400 to the ground depending on what you do with the tranny and with some 3.9FD gears thrown in the mix... you'll feel like you're the fastest car on the road... and best of all with the window switch it will be super safe and reliable for years and years... if it's installed right... the only downfall is having to fill up the bottle ... but anyway.. just something to think about if you want power and reliability in one cheap package
Old 06-26-2010, 05:28 PM
devildriver421

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
You will not find a new APS single kit, they discontinued them in like '08.
http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-s...ssan-350z.html

And dgf12l, thanks for that link. Just one more option to throw into the mix now.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-s...ssan-350z.html

And dgf12l, thanks for that link. Just one more option to throw into the mix now.
Call him up and see how many he has in stock
Old 06-27-2010, 12:02 AM
SQBassHead

Angry Stop this thread already

IS THE FI SECTION GETTING SOFT

i just read throug 3 PAGES of a group of fi og's repeat the same information to a newb!!!

i was expecting for this guy to just get flamed, and shown the search button..... shitzzz i had my ready and everything
especially when he doesnt even have the money yet!

people like this make nobody want to give info or advice, OP you are to stubborn and dont want to listen to advice given to you on this fourm, you are so lucky that these guys even posted in your thread, your so lucky that this shitzz didnt get...

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, you are not the first to ask this question,
call a shop, pm some vendors, and you will get the prices you want, but dang man stop being lazy, SEARCH THE FORUMS.

here i have something for you that will answer ALL YOUR QUESTIONS

Originally Posted by Alberto
mods please close this thread
Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 AM
devildriver421

I'm asking for advice...and I'll take it as just that. Advice. I can't listen to everyone's because I'd have 13 different cars with every different setup possible. Its a weighing factor in my decision, and I have decided to stray from the TN kit, so I don't see how I'm being stubborn? When someone would tell me not to get it, or that they prefer something else, I simply ask for a reason...I'm not trying to disagree or argue I just want to know why they don't like it. And the only reason I've gotten so far out of like 10 people saying no is that the parts don't fit and customer service sucks.

Then you try and talk sh*t because I don't have th emoney yet, but tell me to do more research. Well what retard waits until they have the money and are ready to do it, then decides to try and learn and research? That's how bad decisions get made.

I apologize for wanting to make tan informed decision. My bad.

Quick Reply: 400hp goal