Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

The MaxHax Outcome

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 10:12 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bebopin Spike
Off Topic...but.
elektrik_juggernaut, do you watch FLCL!?
Yep

Originally posted by cbsuper
If there were multiple ATI's that were bad, then yes, I would expect ATI to investigate, but it seems that in Max's case it was bad tuning.
There are multiple ATI's that have gone bad. ATI has yet to address this.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:08 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

c'mon people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, gotta love one another right now......

or they'll close the thread
Old 11-07-2003, 01:16 PM
rouxeny

Yes, I will.

I'm glad that Max got something out of all of this. Honestly, I can't say that I really know whether or not I think he should have, but I am glad that he got something to help cover his costs.

Richard, please stop with the bad attitude. Calling the moderators pimple popping computer geeks is not a way to make yourself popular. I think that TheSVTKid makes some reasonable points.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Zedd

Is Max back again, or is he still banned?
Old 11-07-2003, 01:37 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

He's still banned
Old 11-07-2003, 01:41 PM
jckolnturn

The tuner shop implied they were competent and experienced and if anything this kind of judgement will make fly-by-night or hack-job tuners think twice before taking on a job that is too big for them. Another thing i find funny about this thread is that a jury and/or a judge who had an oppurtunity to hear both sides of the story ruled in Max's favor, but their are members of this forum who only hearing one side, max's, believe he is at fault and this was a bad decision by the court. A little biased against Max, no?
Old 11-07-2003, 02:00 PM
TheSVTKid

Honestly, I don't know why the personal attack towards me. I have nothing to do with FFP, know nothing about them other then what others as well as myself have read on these very forums. I don't own a motorsports buisness, or anything close. I have never posted bad or poor information on here. And have spent much time helping others, and answing questions. I am sure Ravas can contest. I think he has a 100% legit case against Altered. He has never changed his story, nor has anything eles fishy happened.

I watched the "max" expereince unfold and started to see stories changing. Then posts getting edited, and other things that didn't add up. I would say this smelled fishy even if it was about some shop on the east coast. Myself just like everyone eles interested in F/I for these cars started to listen closer and closer. Don't take a personal attack towards me just because I am the only one that speaks up about the "odd feelings" about this ordeal.

Here is that something is odd, and why I feel that way. The entire time Max blamed FF for bad tuning. Everyone points fingers in this post about "bad tuning"

Then YESTERDAY after winning the court case, Max seemed to let a little slip up. You can view it below....
Old 11-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by TheSVTKid
Honestly, I don't know why the personal attack towards me. I have nothing to do with FFP, know nothing about them other then what others as well as myself have read on these very forums. I don't own a motorsports buisness, or anything close. I have never posted bad or poor information on here. And have spent much time helping others, and answing questions. I am sure Ravas can contest. I think he has a 100% legit case against Altered. He has never changed his story, nor has anything eles fishy happened.

I watched the "max" expereince unfold and started to see stories changing. Then posts getting edited, and other things that didn't add up. I would say this smelled fishy even if it was about some shop on the east coast. Myself just like everyone eles interested in F/I for these cars started to listen closer and closer. Don't take a personal attack towards me just because I am the only one that speaks up about the "odd feelings" about this ordeal.

Here is that something is odd, and why I feel that way. The entire time Max blamed FF for bad tuning. Everyone points fingers in this post about "bad tuning"

Then YESTERDAY after winning the court case, Max seemed to let a little slip up. You can view it below....
where?
Old 11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
TheSVTKid

MaxHax
California 350Z Club

11-06-2003

One more thing, when I left my first install at 369.5 or whatever the Dyno said ; I was on boost all the way home, I even got a speeding ticket. No lock ups bro and it was all highway!

It was several Dyno's it couldn't be more tuned! LOL!

Puzzled

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

I was forwarded that by another member from here. 350ZMotoring post from yesterday ....It will be edited or changed shortly I am sure.

EA
Old 11-07-2003, 02:18 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's keep this civil.

I'm glad Max got something out of this ordeal.

Victor
Old 11-07-2003, 02:44 PM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say, SVTKid has been very helpful with me and questions I've had and conversations between us. He knows his sh*t and is a good guy. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so is he. I'm glad Max got somethinig for the troubles he had, but like SVT said, they both lost. I just don't think you guys should bash him for what he thinks... Anyway, congrats to Max, glad you won your case against FF.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:05 PM
myG35zx

SVT,
I beleive that your quote is taking his statement out of context. His post at the other site was current status, meaning redone, reinstalled and soon to be retuned. He is making plans to have TS do the programming and I think their injectors. When he picked up his from "FFP" it did not make it home.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
TheSVTKid

Hmm that may be so.. but... I remember him posting about getting a ticket on the way home from FF, the car making that power number, and his post also states "from my first install." To me that seems like it's directed at FF. If you look at the top of the page it says that he hasn't even driven it yet, the shop put the 150 miles on it. So from the looks of it, it hasn't been driven home yet. Oh well, I will take it with a grain of salt.

Ravaz, good luck with whatever you decided to do with AA. I got a bunch of ideas I want to pass on to you, so I'll be PMing you sometime this weekend.

EA

Last edited by TheSVTKid; 11-07-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:29 PM
whosdady

Originally posted by TheSVTKid
I was forwarded that by another member from here. 350ZMotoring post from yesterday ....It will be edited or changed shortly I am sure.

EA
I beleive this was in reference to my post on one of the other forums? IMHO there is no slip here nor can there be.

If this was your car and you had spent $4X,XXX on a performance car, would you not drive it like one? Did Max say he never hit boost to anyone including the court? No, Max purchased a S/C kit thats sole job is to make boost. He simply used the product like anyone else would. I can tell you that when I put my ATI on my car I was on boost on my way home too. The difference was my car was tuned perfectly thus no holes in pistons.

SVTkid, In the past I think you have made good points and have made interesting comments. I personally disagree with what seems to be an attack on Max. (IE: accusing him of a slip up)
Old 11-07-2003, 03:38 PM
ares
Veteran

maybe it was a slip, maybe it wasnt. no doubt it "caused" it(or better put, caused stress on an already weak part damaged or cast that way), doesnt mean too much, cause it shouldnt have been able to do anything to a normal engine. it really means nothing either way.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:52 PM
whosdady

Originally posted by ares
maybe it was a slip, maybe it wasnt. no doubt it "caused" it(or better put, caused stress on an already weak part damaged or cast that way), doesnt mean too much, cause it shouldnt have been able to do anything to a normal engine. it really means nothing either way.
I'm not sure what you mean by a "normal engine"? However, a lean condition due to poor tuning will destroy a perfect engine regardless of its normality. Driving the car obviously damaged the engine, however it was my point earlier that boost is a by product of the S/C that was installed by FF. There is no reason why Max should not have used the kit he had installed.

IMHO the arguement against Max is a joke. Assuming the worst of Max (which I don't). Even if his car was damaged prior to the install (which I doubt it was) FF should have required waivers or refused to work on the car. The fact that the engine blew so quickly leads the comman man to beleive tuning was to blame and thus the judment made by the court.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:25 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

However you guys feel about Max the Shop or the outcome.......Please be respectful of fellow members and moderators. I have personally moderated/administrated on countless message boards, and quite honestly MY350Z is VERY fair and unbiased and gives folks the "benefit of the doubt" short of someone blatantly bashing others here.

Treat people how you expect to be treated.....
Old 11-07-2003, 04:34 PM
ares
Veteran

no whosdaddy, I think my post was just confusing, we are saying the same thing I beleive, max should have been able to drive the car however he wanted, there are no guidlines of use on the SC that Im aware of. therefore the car should be able to handle whatever the SC can give it.

maybe the tuning did it, maybe the kit was bad, maybe there was just a quiet little rod somewhere in max's engine that was never formed properly from the factory; and yes maybe max somehow broke it. not an accusation no one knows what the cause was doesnt matter now though.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:35 PM
G3po

Default Pre existing damage

Well I remember reading in a Max post a long long time ago when he was "having issues" with his Zex system. He stated that a malfunctioning fuel delivery had "burnt" his ZEX plugs. Well this was before the ATI install (Zex had been removed prior to). If the "cool plugs" got burnt due to lean conditions what do you think could have happened to the top side of the ring and piston of the damaged piston. Just because an engine ran OK on a dyno doesn't guarantee that there wasn't pre-existing stress and damage. An engine is the sum of it's prior abuses. Not to dis Max or stick up for the shop, but I kinda bet that this little "Zex" issue was ever discussed before the judge. I know that Zex post existed , but it's probably been long deleted on the server. Just seems a little fishy.

IMHO
Old 11-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Sosa

I don't konw if anybody knows the entire story from max's opinion, but he had them saying certain things on TAPE which he presented to the judge, and then he had EDITED paperwork which he had copies of, and pictures of the manual and pictures of his install which didn't match up etc... I'm happy for Max, even though he didn't get completely reimbursed, but $5000 is better than nothing. Also, it's funny that FFP's counter suit got thrown out within a matter of five minutes. I feel what you're sayin SVT kid and no hate towards ya. I'm not into filing lawsuits left and right, but Max had a bona fide case and a damn good reason to file.

i was gona say something else but got caught up looking at that "shift quicker" add and i was mesmorized, so peace out all.

Quick Reply: The MaxHax Outcome