Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Boost logs from my BP precision 6765 billet turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
Sup Jeff, just got back from Aruba but it's good to hear some good news about the Haltech warranty. The car sounds like a blast with the .82a/r...I can't image how it would be like once u up the a/r and the boost.

makes sense why you haven't been returning my texts.

ya, i was pretty pissed when they said they wouldn't warranty it. It's not like i was in there messing with it other than tuning and adjusting boost, a/f, and timing shouldn't cause the ecu to fail in any way. physically there was nothing changed that should have caused that.

I'm staying with the .82 a/r as far as i know. I might put an exhaust cutout to make sure that my exhaust isn't a source of backpressure on it. The piping is sized correctly but i'm not sure how much the borla muffler actually flows. Either way, the .82 made a good difference and i'm sure it will be more than enough when i get it on e85 for some awsome street power.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 AM
GoJira33
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates man, did you findout if its your injectors??
Old 12-02-2010, 11:42 AM
binder

After reseaching and talking to DW technitian he told me that there's no way it would be the injectors but he would be more than happy to take my money and bench test them and clean them. he said having my issue across the whole bank is highly unlikely to be caused by an injector problem. Usually injector problems are individual problems.

So i never had them messed with. A lot of other shops and greatly knowledgable people also said they wouldn't believe it to be the injectors. It might be just that i have to have such small pulsewidth on the pumpgas that it's causing problems. Maybe when i use e85 and have to increase fuel 40% across the board that might help fix the issue.

As of now i'm waiting for my Haltech unit to come back after being fixed under warranty. It's supposed to be here this week. Once i get it installed I'm going to be heading to injected performance again to get my final power pulls and see what this thing does past 13psi.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM
GoJira33
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet man i hope to see 600 because i just started paying sasha for my kit. I have a similiar motor to yours. So im really interested in seeing what you make. I saw the kit on vaz car and the ease of install makes it a def buy for me. good luck man
Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 AM
binder

Thanks

i also have headwork and cams on mine. I just installed the new hotside so it shouldn't be as restrictive now.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:46 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

yeyy!!! cant wait
Old 12-18-2011, 09:11 AM
binder

just as an update on this thread.

The borla true dual was my restriction. I put a SP cutout on and a modified stock exhaust. With that cutout the car flowed a bunch more. I also went to a .96 housing (not sure it was needed but it's there). 652hp at 22psi when the clutch started slipping. just installed my carbonetics triple disk yesterday so i'll be seeing how much it will go for soon.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Hay Jeff,

Can't waite to see your final numbers, and see that thing at the strip.....

Do you know at what point the 2-1/2 dual Borla was a restrication?

Check this out, I always assumed that my Injen true dual was 2-1/4", in till I measured it 4 months ago. It's not, it's only 2 Inch. How much of a restrication do you think that is? Car is making the most HP/Tq than it every has....
Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 AM
binder

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Hay Jeff,

Can't waite to see your final numbers, and see that thing at the strip.....

Do you know at what point the 2-1/2 dual Borla was a restrication?

Check this out, I always assumed that my Injen true dual was 2-1/4", in till I measured it 4 months ago. It's not, it's only 2 Inch. How much of a restrication do you think that is? Car is making the most HP/Tq than it every has....
Tim, i think you should be ok. Like others have shown the superchargers tend to like more backpressure than turbos. Turbos HATE backpressure so they take a huge performance hit.

Judging by the numbers i put down before the change i think around 500hp is where it was really choking my setup. Right around 500hp is when the torque started rocketing up and the hp wasn't moving much.

If you go by the cross sectional area the dual 2 1/4" piping has more area than a single 3" pipe so it's not the piping's fault, it was the muffler. It is a baffled style muffler so it slowed the air down a bunch.

dual 2" area: 6.28 sqin
dual 2.25" : 7.95 sqin
single 3" : 7.07 sqin

If yours has straight through muffler design then you should be fine. If it's baffled then it's probably restrictive some but i wouldn't worry about it on a supercharger or if it's below 500hp. Changing it "could" yield some difference but the cost in changing wouldn't be worth the difference you might or might not make.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM
jerryd87

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

jeff you ever get a 30 psi run in? kinda interested to see roughly where im gona end up haha.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 PM
binder

Originally Posted by jerryd87
jeff you ever get a 30 psi run in? kinda interested to see roughly where im gona end up haha.
no, put the new triple disc carbonetics in back in december. Drove it a bit to get miles on it and then parked the car. It's missouri and the winter. I don't drive my car in the winter. I'm also swamped in clinic with patients and most of my weekends are taken up teaching. The car is on the back burner. I haven't even been in my garage since the second week of january (garage is in the basement).