Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Stillen Stage 2 Supercharger vs Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 PM
BoostedTreeFity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
For the record I'm not laughing at body kits Im chuckling at Wings West which has a terrible rep. And the fact that boosted missed the point of that post.
And for the record I never bad mouthed Alberto or his beautiful Daytona blue Z
Old 09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know you didnt bad mouth me.

Myself, Doug, and others may not come across as "nice" but rest assured you'll never see us give bad advice to people or lie. We speak form experience with this platform, and we generally do try to help people when they post, even if that means we tell people to start over and keep reading.

When some new guy (again to this platform) comes in asking Q's, but doesnt accept the answer because its not what he wants to hear (as the OP, seems in denial) then things get like this.

Last edited by Alberto; 09-09-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:03 PM
BoostedTreeFity

Oh I gotcha man however he is on a budget and it's all he can afford at this time. Thus far turbo aside I have experienced zero problems with this kit, I like the Raptor BOV and the Spearco intercooler thats on it. My cars sister has the liquid cooled turbo and is now putting down 500+whp. I plan to do some of the same mods just different brands such as my JE pistons versus his Arias units, and my Carillo rods versus his Pauter rods.

And Doug heres a pic of my "Riced Out" Daytona Blue Enthusiast

Name:  Treefitty.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  39.8 KB
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
IslandZavage

by chance do you have a dyno sheet?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

i never made any comments to the appearance of your Z.. you need to go back and check the posts
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedTreeFity
Alright guy I'm ending this crap once and for all. 1) I've BUILT and TUNED THE HARDEST ENGINE TO MAKE LAST IN THE IMPORT INDUSTRY, the 13B. In fact I've done several one of which is still running on the same 5 year old Apex seals from my first build on the car and is putting down just a measily 515whp. 2 Audi's have a very complex ignition system too, I've built and tuned more of those than you can count on 2 hands and their all still on the road. And as for your "career" assault, I've spent the past 7 1/2 years as active duty Army with 3 combat tours to the middle east totaling 42 months in the **ithole of the globe. I OWN a townhouse, a beach house on lake superior, a 36 foot Warlock Catamaran with a pair of puny ZZ502's powering it. Now tell me jack*** how much more successful than me you are
i never said i was more succesful than you are.. even though i am.. but thats besides the point.. you made a character assasination in the direction of Alberto and myself with the comments of 40 year old douchebag living with their mother.. i meerly defended myself and stated reasons why i was not

FYI you stil arn't listening to me.. i don't care how many other cars you have tuned and built.. if you havn't done it to a VQ we are still more knowledgeable than you are.. thats a FACT not an Opinion.. keep reading
Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 PM
zmedic16

lol @ the thread, and the return of doug and alberto on the same thread. oh joy the mrc days. op i once had the turbonetics kit. i had the original piping with open dumps, boost creeped like a ****. then i got the "new" pipes and the kit ran like a dream at 8.6 psi making 390whp/tq or so. the kit is fun, 500+whp sure its been done. what the community is trying to tell you in short terms and nonsence aside is sell it for 3k or less buy a better kit like boosted performance or powerlab gt37. dont bother with the gt35 kit.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 PM
bswanny

so back on topic, can anyone comment on whether the Stillen kit is indeed fixed or is it still eating belts?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 PM
BoostedTreeFity

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
by chance do you have a dyno sheet?
Yes I do have a dyno sheet, I'll try and snap a pic of it tomarrow for ya. Doug I've done more in my 28 years of exhistance than you have in 30+, so how are you more successful? Oh yeah your not, I'm done talking to you. Z medic I have looked at other kits and honestly this one is already in the car and functioning properly, plus I rather like the dark chrome boost tubes and I'm definitly not afraid to get my hands dirty and make improvements where they're needed. I have a plan, I have a means, and I have the drive. I am PCSing (changing duty stations) here within the next 90 days. Once I reach Ft. Lewis the drivetrain is comming out, block is getting worked out to about 4.0 liters, wet sleeved, 7.5:1 compression, and alot of boost. I currently have a relatively rich tune which is fine(detonation is the enemy).
Old 09-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bswanny
so back on topic, can anyone comment on whether the Stillen kit is indeed fixed or is it still eating belts?

OOOHHHH boy not to start another fight but seriously save your money and do not buy the stillen kit. It will not make very good power for the money you spend. Most of them make about 320-340whp on a good day most TT kits make 400whp with out working them hard. There is also room to make more power as you and your power needs grow trust me 400whp might be good for awhile but power is like crack you always need more the Stillen is a far worse option than Turbonetics.

Boosted I am also only 33 and i have a large house on a 1/2acre lot a block from the lake in a resort town and it is much nicer than the house my Mom lives in . We are not a bunch of 40yr old dead beats simply guys that have had some experience with these cars that try to help others from making the same mistakes we have or we have seen others make. We see the same **** over and over again everyone wants answers and opinions then if it is not what they want to hear we don't know what we are talking about I have done most of my own work, I have swapped engines 3 times myself and changed out turbo kits twice revamped the piping on the second kit as well as installed all the suspension, clutch, rear diff, BBK and did all of my own prep work on the body kit and wheels. Currently I am building another engine myself. I am not bragging but letting you know i do know the ***** is going on with these cars, personally my feelings will not be hurt if you don't think i do. I am not bashing you...you asked about your parts list i told you what is general consensus on your list is. Take our advice or don't but three guys that have all made well over 500whp just gave you good advice weather it is what you wanted to hear or not it is solid advice.

I

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 09-09-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
BoostedTreeFity

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
OOOHHHH boy not to start another fight but seriously save your money and do not buy the stillen kit. It will not make very good power for the money you spend. Most of them make about 320-340whp on a good day most TT kits make 400whp with out working them hard. There is also room to make more power as you and your power needs grow trust me 400whp might be good for awhile but power is like crack you always need more the Stillen is a far worse option than Turbonetics.

Boosted I am also only 33 and i have a large house on a 1/2acre lot a block from the lake in a resort town and it is much nicer than the house my Mom lives in . We are not a bunch of 40yr old dead beats simply guys that have had some experience with these cars. We see the same **** over and over again everyone wants answers and opinions then if it is not what they want to hear we don't know what we are talking about I have done most of my own work, I have swapped engines 3 times myself and changed out turbo kits twice revamped the piping on the second kit as well as installed all the suspension, clutch, rear diff, BBK and did all of my own prep work on the body kit and wheels. Currently I am building another engine myself. I am not bragging but letting you know i do know the ***** is going on with these cars, personally my feelings will not be hurt if you don't think i do. I am not bashing you...you asked about your parts list i told you what is general consensus on your list is. Take our advice or don't but three guys that have all made well over 500whp just gave you good advice weather it is what you wanted to hear or not it is solid advice.

And I appreciate the non dousche response. Some people get a little pompus and arrogant with their "experience" from one grease monkey to another, someone can read a damn article or book all day but in the end can they put it into practice? 90% of the time no they can't. What really burnt me was someone telling me what I have and havent done.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya guys get a little short on here because they do get the same questions over and over. People often ask questions and get mad when they don't hear what they want to hear so guys do get short for no reason at times.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM
BoostedTreeFity

All I did was answer a question and bam everyone started in on me
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

dam where have i been? Awesome info in this thread on what NOT 2 do. Thx again for the same info answered years ago. remember how much trouble tuarran went through trying to make a TN kit fast?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
twitch579

So how can u tell the old kits that had the boost creep problems?? Do the pipes look different??
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
BoostedTreeFity

Originally Posted by twitch579
So how can u tell the old kits that had the boost creep problems?? Do the pipes look different??
The one you sent me pics of is the old kit
Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

. Once I reach Ft. Lewis the drivetrain is comming out, block is getting worked out to about 4.0 liters, wet sleeved, 7.5:1 compression, and alot of boost. I currently have a relatively rich tune which is fine(detonation is the enemy).
Just make sure you choose either a TT kit or a large T4 single when you do this. From experience/testing my own kit, the T3 housings on ST kits are too small for the VQ. Sure, they will spool quick and will get you 400 to the wheels on a stock block, but suffer from back pressuere issues past that.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
BoostedTreeFity

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Just make sure you choose either a TT kit or a large T4 single when you do this. From experience/testing my own kit, the T3 housings on ST kits are too small for the VQ. Sure, they will spool quick and will get you 400 to the wheels on a stock block, but suffer from back pressuere issues past that.
The Buick GN suffers from a similar issue I kinda planned on this, just not sure which turbo I will use. I've used Precision's with little to no issues in the past I may keep the theme going
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The Buick GN suffers from a similar issue I kinda planned on this, just not sure which turbo I will use. I've used Precision's with little to no issues in the past I may keep the theme going
The largest turbo I am able to use is a 6765. There is just no room for anything larger. That turbo is however very capable.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
go-fast
Banned

Yes I do have a dyno sheet, I'll try and snap a pic of it tomarrow for ya. Doug I've done more in my 28 years of exhistance than you have in 30+, so how are you more successful? Oh yeah your not, I'm done talking to you. Z medic I have looked at other kits and honestly this one is already in the car and functioning properly, plus I rather like the dark chrome boost tubes and I'm definitly not afraid to get my hands dirty and make improvements where they're needed. I have a plan, I have a means, and I have the drive. I am PCSing (changing duty stations) here within the next 90 days. Once I reach Ft. Lewis the drivetrain is comming out, block is getting worked out to about 4.0 liters, wet sleeved, 7.5:1 compression, and alot of boost. I currently have a relatively rich tune which is fine(detonation is the enemy).
in for dyno sheets

btwy something doesn't add up,are you halfway done with your wet sleeving or planning to wet sleeve when the motor comes out at ft.lewis?

previous quote from you......

Sad part is I'm about halfway through a complete rebuild of another vq35 to swap into it once I get pcsed to the west coast.