Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Momentum turbo kit RELEASED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
any problems with the BOV being an inch from a 1200* turbo?
not as of yet but to be honest, i'd like to run a turbo blanket on it for the local Florida heat.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Congrats.. very nice power band.

Sam
thanks, Sam. We're very happy with it so far and MORE IMPORTANTLY, the customer loves it. He said something to me earlier to the effect of "I beat the **** out of it on Saturday and loved every second of it" hahahahaha
Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by S&R Performance
"I beat the **** out of it on Saturday and loved every second of it"
i'm sure he does..
Old 01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
nismonian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lulz^ i can see becket saying that
Old 01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
XKR

Rich.... You are always plotting dyno sheets on here .... I am shocked that you have not post a Momentum vs Powerlab as yet

Raj and Sam....cut it out

I have seen the PL a few times at FP and JTran .... But I have never seen the Momentum in person ... I have seen Hal's post and I trust his opinion 100%..... But could someone please explain to a novice like me why most are saying this is a superior kit??? I get the customer service statement....but to someone like me both look the same! Is it because of the ... ie: Turbo selection, bends, BOV placement???...What?

Last edited by XKR; 01-19-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Becket and I will get some fresh pics of the kit on the car tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:20 PM
XKR

Someone reminded me that I met you guys at ZdayZ ... The free beer!!!...So I have seen it in person ...
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR
Someone reminded me that I met you guys at ZdayZ ... The free beer!!!...So I have seen it in person ...
this is new, we just finished this at the end of last week.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
ITOzann

NICE, Is the kit DIY friendly in terms of installation?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:05 PM
becket7913

momentum performance was at zdayz.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ITOzann
NICE, Is the kit DIY friendly in terms of installation?
lol, no single turbo kit is DIY friendly. If you're a tech savy person, you can pull it off, definitely wouldn't recommend it though.

Originally Posted by becket7913
momentum performance was at zdayz.
ah
Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Smile

lol, no single turbo kit is DIY friendly. If you're a tech savy person, you can pull it off, definitely wouldn't recommend it though.
I don’t think that’s necessarily true either, lol

And you said it yourself you don’t have experience with the PL kit… but part of the allure of a single turbo kit is a simpler install versus a twin turbo kit... at least that was part of the reason I selected my turbo kit, install took me 3 days in a small 2 car garage with nothing more than basic hand tools, a floor jack, and 2 jack stands; by no means am I mechanically inclined, just an average enthusiast.

But then again I don’t have any firsthand experience with the momentum kit either, you’ve installed it so I’d have to take your word that it’s not a DIY friendly kit, lol

Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

ah

The Boosted Performance single is a very easy DIY from what I have heard. So i am not sure how they can say NO single kits are DIY friendly i could care less I am far from in the market for a ST kit but this thread is awkward it is like the shops are trying to push it too hard something just seems weird. With statements about how it is the best ST kit ever then followed up by statements about how the shop hasn't even seen a Boosted Performance or a Power Lab kits. This thread is just not flattering for the product for some reason...maybe it just seems that way to me???? Like i said I don't have a single kit nor I am looking to get one and i don't nut hug any of the shops but this thread is not flattering for the kit or some of the shops that seem to pushing it way too hard???

Don't get me wrong it is great to see people developing products for a vehicle no longer in production and Momenum seems like good guys that support our community (Z days, Nissan Sport ect) so big props to them but this thread seems like a poor representation of them?? IMO anyway!!

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 01-19-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:38 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by thatv35guy
I don’t think that’s necessarily true either, lol

And you said it yourself you don’t have experience with the PL kit… but part of the allure of a single turbo kit is a simpler install versus a twin turbo kit... at least that was part of the reason I selected my turbo kit, install took me 3 days in a small 2 car garage with nothing more than basic hand tools, a floor jack, and 2 jack stands; by no means am I mechanically inclined, just an average enthusiast.

But then again I don’t have any firsthand experience with the momentum kit either, you’ve installed it so I’d have to take your word that it’s not a DIY friendly kit, lol

your dedication to installing it yourself is not what I would call run of the DIY. It definitely can be and I can absolutely see it being a 3 day affair. If that's what is considered DIY friendly then yes, yes it is. Color me
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
The Boosted Performance single is a very easy DIY from what I have heard. So i am not sure how they can say NO single kits are DIY friendly i could care less I am far from in the market for a ST kit but this thread is awkward it is like the kit is being jammed down your throat or the shops are trying to push it too hard something just seems weird. With statements about how it is the best ST kit ever then followed up by statements about how the shop hasn't even seen a Boosted Performance or a Power Lab kits. This thread is just not flattering for the product for some reason...maybe it just seems that way to me???? Like i said I don't have a single kit nor I am looking to get one and i don't nut hug any of the shops but this thread is not flattering for the kit or some of the shops that seem to pushing it way too hard???

Don't get me wrong it is great to see people developing products for a vehicle no longer in production and Momenum supports our community so big props to them but this thread seems like a poor representation of them?? IMO anyway!!
All i've tried to do is post what i know and share our results.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Ya I read over it again, it seems the attacks on everything you posted didn't help you You reacted better than i would have . I guess all threads that threaten the established kits would likely end up the same on this forum
Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
thatv35guy

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Smile

I’ll say this, I didn’t really have issue with anything you said, but the comments made on page 1 by other vendors were in bad taste and not accurate…
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its tough to find reasonable comparisons. Lots of people post #'s but no charts. Here's the best that I have (just hp to keep the graph cleaner)

You can see there is not a huge difference between all the single kits in how they spool up. from a GT35 to a twin scroll 4088. All at different boost levels, but that doesnt matter too much bc boost is just backpressure. Id say differences in engine builds could easily account for the differences seen, plus not to mention dyno difference

Originally Posted by XKR
Rich.... You are always plotting dyno sheets on here .... I am shocked that you have not post a Momentum vs Powerlab as yet

Raj and Sam....cut it out

I have seen the PL a few times at FP and JTran .... But I have never seen the Momentum in person ... I have seen Hal's post and I trust his opinion 100%..... But could someone please explain to a novice like me why most are saying this is a superior kit??? I get the customer service statement....but to someone like me both look the same! Is it because of the ... ie: Turbo selection, bends, BOV placement???...What?

Last edited by str8dum1; 01-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by XKR
Haha, free beer @ zdayz,.... I remember that night, wait maybe not - lol. Was that the night sharif raced Hal down the hill on the mopeds and then set the BBQ on fire and almost burned down the trees and front porch of the cabin using rocket fuel and dil almost won the beer pong tournament,... ? wait a sec, must have dreamed all that stuff, never mind

I do remember the momentum folks, nice guys. They also recently had a track day and their cars survived it with flying colors - says a lot since that is not easy on any car especially fi modified z's. The track is a true test of quality IMO
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ToastZ
....... and almost burned down the trees and front porch of the cabin using rocket fuel ...........

lol, Yes. He brought me the c16 and let me use it to keep our fire going.

Quick Reply: Momentum turbo kit RELEASED!