Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

High Power Build Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmicaelk
Might be interested at the right cost see I need more deals like this
I'll call Japtrix on Monday to see if it is still around.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
jmicaelk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any type of turbo talk as allowed, as long as it doesn't get too much of it. And I have been interested in compound turbo charging for over 20 years, but never got to build on, so I love to listen to that
A small T25 in to something like that would give lots of power and lots and lots of tq
Old 01-21-2011, 08:48 PM
streetzlegend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Id say the same if it were my thread, haha

Terry, I think a possible issue when researching Holset turbo's is that they do no publish their compressor maps, there are some that are available but most are not 100% legit (although they maybe pretty close)
Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
^Id say the same if it were my thread, haha

Terry, I think a possible issue when researching Holset turbo's is that they do no publish their compressor maps, there are some that are available but most are not 100% legit (although they maybe pretty close)
If you have any links to the compressor maps, I would be interested in seeing them.

Did I send you the spreadsheet I created with the calculations I use to determine fuel flow, air flow, boost, etc.? If not, and you want a copy, you guys can PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll e-mail it to you.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:14 PM
streetzlegend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
If you have any links to the compressor maps, I would be interested in seeing them.

Did I send you the spreadsheet I created with the calculations I use to determine fuel flow, air flow, boost, etc.? If not, and you want a copy, you guys can PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll e-mail it to you.
ill try to dig up old links of threads discussing the maps and PM them to you, I dont remember you sending me a copy, I have one that I made but id love to see yours to compare.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Op please don't overlook a good oil cooler for this build. I would hate for you to meet your goal and blow it due to high oil temps. Im on a stock block tt kit and before my cooler install oil temps were pushing 260+ just on street driving not really even pushing it just spirited.

Now temps stay ~240 max even when beating it hard.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:06 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Op please don't overlook a good oil cooler for this build. I would hate for you to meet your goal and blow it due to high oil temps. Im on a stock block tt kit and before my cooler install oil temps were pushing 260+ just on street driving not really even pushing it just spirited.

Very good point. I run twin oil coolers, or will again when Japtrix finally gets my car done.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:18 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
ill try to dig up old links of threads discussing the maps and PM them to you, I dont remember you sending me a copy, I have one that I made but id love to see yours to compare.
I looked at the compressor maps in the link that you sent. It looks like the Holset turbos would be better for a compound turbo setup, and may make such a setup feasible on our cars (assuming they will physically fit).
Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ttg35fort
I looked at the compressor maps in the link that you sent. It looks like the Holset turbos would be better for a compound turbo setup, and may make such a setup feasible on our cars (assuming they will physically fit).
Terry, what turbos were you looking at?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:29 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Terry, what turbos were you looking at?
http://turbobyholset.com/***/general...mpressor-maps/

Put "forum" where the asteriscs are.

I'm looking at the compressor map for the H2C. It is reaching near maximum flow at a fairly low pressure ratio, which is good for a compound turbo. The H2C does not flow a lot of air, but if there are larger turbos in the series with the same type of low boost capabilities, that would be nice.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 01-22-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
jmicaelk

Thanks I will have an Oil cooler on the build, does any one have a good budget one in mind

Terry, loved the spreadsheet you put together, that must have taken you some time, great job.
Would love to see someone be able to do it, a dual compounded VQ35 that would be something, bye bye Supra's
Old 01-22-2011, 12:17 PM
jmicaelk

Adding to my parts list

CJM fuel rails, $100
AAM FRS, $250
Power Enterprice Rad 36mm $50
Walboro 255 pump $50

Intercooler, I will use GodSpeed, and piping I will weld up myself. Will also use a GodSpeed HKS replica exhaust system, have to check prices again
Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Barnabas

I used. Racerpartswholesale.com. and built my own kit for my cooler setup. On my phone now. But I thjiink I stayed under 300 in parts? There are several good threads on here for optimal size lines and what ones work best. Ill try to dig up my order for you
Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this is the best value oil cooler setup http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140382029297

i use their 30 row, but made my own -10AN lines. The one above is perfect for sub 700whp builds
Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Adding to my parts list

CJM fuel rails, $100
AAM FRS, $250
Power Enterprice Rad 36mm $50
Walboro 255 pump $50

Intercooler, I will use GodSpeed, and piping I will weld up myself. Will also use a GodSpeed HKS replica exhaust system, have to check prices again
Old 01-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by str8dum1
this is the best value oil cooler setup http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140382029297

i use their 30 row, but made my own -10AN lines. The one above is perfect for sub 700whp builds
On my phone... does that include sandwhuch plate and all that stuff? If not since you have to redo the lines that means you have to redo fittings as well when putting together y kit the cooler and sandwich plate were the biggest costs.

If it does include plate then awesome price! If not then is it really much cheaper since you can't use the lines and fittng?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Barnabas

Another thing... if all your really tryin to do is savecosts wouldn't it just be cheaper to run 2 3" andrel bend straight pipes and forget buying a crappy replica or really any kit for that mater
Old 01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
jmicaelk

Another thing... if all your really tryin to do is savecosts wouldn't it just be cheaper to run 2 3" andrel bend straight pipes and forget buying a crappy replica or really any kit for that mater
Well I won't buy a crappy system unless I have too, I might just weld up something, but I hope to find a cheap used one somewhere that fits the budget, but I'll know that after I have some more parts and costs down.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 PM
jmicaelk

Originally Posted by str8dum1

Thanks, so what else do I need to use that kit, I'm thinking of picking up something like that for my -04. Will be a whole bunch of coolers to fit with the AT trans cooler as well :|
Old 01-22-2011, 02:32 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On my phone... does that include sandwhuch plate and all that stuff? If not since you have to redo the lines that means you have to redo fittings as well when putting together y kit the cooler and sandwich plate were the biggest costs.

If it does include plate then awesome price! If not then is it really much cheaper since you can't use the lines and fittng?

Thanks, so what else do I need to use that kit, I'm thinking of picking up something like that for my -04. Will be a whole bunch of coolers to fit with the AT trans cooler as well :|
yup thats everything you need. 4' lines are long enough to mount next to the intercooler. Its not a thermostatic sandwich plate, but that doesnt really matter. The Stillen kit that sells for 4x the money uses the same sandwich plate.

Quick Reply: High Power Build Cheap