Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Did Project White Dragon Fail?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.*******.com/1072832-post1405.html

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-25-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

EDIT: That whole thread reads a bit like -

Nut Swingage
Attached Images  

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-25-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Ouch... I didn't mean anything towards you guys or this forum. The "mistake" is on my part. I wanted to post my view and got pulled into being called a fan boy or nut swinger, and I thought this misunderstanding was cleared. Plus, Sam and I resolved a minor misunderstanding. It was my fault for speaking my opinions, which was removed.

Seriously though, let's keep things civil as the name calling and stereotyping is a bit uncalled for. We all drive Zs, so there's no need for hostility.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:22 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by DIGItonium
Seriously though, let's keep things civil as the name calling and stereotyping is a bit uncalled for. We all drive Zs, so there's no need for hostility.
Just joking around. Sorry if it came across as a personal attack.
Anyways, I apologize if I was out of line. It's all in fun.

*edited to remove unnecessary crap*

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-25-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 PM
DIGItonium

Red face

Haha no problem at all. I've been very out of touch with everyone here and wanted to make sure I didn't step on anyone's toes.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:57 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Itz de interwebz... dis is srs bidniz.

*edited for dikspiel*

Anyways, you making it out to ZDayz next month?

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-25-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:09 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

man the last few posts in this thread need to diaf.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Sorry dik. Was I getting too warm and cuddly?

Edited just for you.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 04-25-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 PM
08NismoZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DIGItonium
My last comment might be borderline TOU so it was removed. I'm not here to bash anyone. The WhiteDragon project is a conglomeration of ideas and is literally hardware pr0n. The overall car does not fit my taste, but that's my opinion. Working or not, it covers quite a bit of work including custom fabrication, engine build, control and management, and a bit of a Frankenstein work (parts mixing like the Honda days). It may be a FAIL to some, but a winner for the consumer especially with the build, parts, and tune are made available to the masses.

[OFFTOPIC]
I'm going to have Baker do the work since they are less than 20 min. from my gf's family, so it will be a convenient visit. (i.e., [cough] win-win if you get my drift).

The VR38 plenum is definitely overkill, and one may consider it an equivalent of slapping a Type-R emblem on my car. I'll admit this is the most "ricey" part of the build because it would look super cool in my eyes. This is the only bling in the engine bay. The MAF tubes will be black. The engine cover is OEM, so the overall look is pretty bland. However, I'm curious to see if there will be any improvements. Also, I have a hunch it will change the characteristic of the engine sound (i.e., there is a different tone at high RPM with the plastic plenum compared to the VQ35DE metal plenum).

BTW, we have the same car
[/OFFTOPIC]

I would seriously consider RudeG's advice and go with a different company as far as the turbo kit goes. I've personally installed a Greddy 20G kit on my 08 Nismo and a GTM kit on a friends G35. The level of engineering of how the two kits actually fit on the car is far better with the Greddy. I do have some parts on my car ordered from GTM but I don't really think engineering twin turbo kits to fit properly on a car is really their forte. For instance my Greddy kit was installed with the motor remaining in the car, while the GTM kit we did with the engine pulled and I still wanted to . The only reason I can think of that a shop would tell someone they only deal with one TT kit is because they know they can make a killing on one kit over another.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

I am having a GTM TT Kit installed right now on my 350z and the shop hasn't had any problems installing the kit. I'm definitely not a nut hugger for anyone but comparing the Greddy kit to the GTM, the parts used on the GTM are much higher quality. The GTM tuner kit price is very reasonable for a kit that includes stainless steel piping, garett turbos, and tial bov and wastegates.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
08NismoZ

Is there still a notched out piece on the drivers side down pipe that you know of? I'm just saying that in my experience the Greddy kit seemed to better designed to fit in the car. Of course as we all know you can cut and smash in things to make anything fit. The GTM kit does come with the bigger turbos so if he's looking for huge power in the future then that might be better for him, although Gamermodz did make over 1000whp on Greddy 20g's (with a lot of other mods of course). I was a little more interested in why the shop he's choosing only deals with the GTM kit? I've seen shops recommend one kit over another but thats about it.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Who are you talking about 08NismoZ? GTM is building his car if you are referring to the White Dragon build...
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
08NismoZ

Oh sorry I was talking about DIGItonium
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by dikspiel
I am having a GTM TT Kit installed right now on my 350z and the shop hasn't had any problems installing the kit. I'm definitely not a nut hugger for anyone but comparing the Greddy kit to the GTM, the parts used on the GTM are much higher quality. The GTM tuner kit price is very reasonable for a kit that includes stainless steel piping, garett turbos, and tial bov and wastegates.
Really? How so?

Both kits have cast manifolds, mandrel bent piping, and TiAL wastegates. And although journal bearing... during several years of experience on the VQ, the Greddy turbos have never been empirically proven to be inferior to the Garrett BB turbos used on competitors' kits in terms of power, spool, or reliability.

Anyway... this is getting really OT from the original thread topic.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
08NismoZ

hahaha yeah it is my bad
Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
GBoger

Originally Posted by dikspiel
This thread wasn't to bash gtm on their production parts which as far as I'm concerned are fine (questionable sleeved blocks?). It's the fact that they got this guy in and had him spewing all over the internet that this huge project could be done in a month or two. I'm tired of seeing shops do this. It would just be so gangster if a shop showed up one day and made a post about a COMPLETED 1000whp car. Like, "hey, look what we did". But it's never like that, it's just an infinite list of excuses like the manifold didn't fit it has to go back out to be refabbed, ok now the manifold fits but as a result we've got to custom make the fuel rails... Everyone knows these things are going to pop up and extend the built time so why not just account for them in the first place instead of setting unreallistic goals so everyone looks like they're bsing. I personally don't think the car has taken longer than I would've expected it to at this point. What makes it a fail is that the owner came out a year ago talking mad trash and gtm posted up these 1000whp threads.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

I'm aware of why people are talking ****, I was only responding to what 08NismoZ said about the G35 kit not fitting a car.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by GBoger
This thread wasn't to bash gtm on their production parts which as far as I'm concerned are fine (questionable sleeved blocks?). It's the fact that they got this guy in and had him spewing all over the internet that this huge project could be done in a month or two. I'm tired of seeing shops do this. It would just be so gangster if a shop showed up one day and made a post about a COMPLETED 1000whp car. Like, "hey, look what we did". But it's never like that, it's just an infinite list of excuses like the manifold didn't fit it has to go back out to be refabbed, ok now the manifold fits but as a result we've got to custom make the fuel rails... Everyone knows these things are going to pop up and extend the built time so why not just account for them in the first place instead of setting unreallistic goals so everyone looks like they're bsing. I personally don't think the car has taken longer than I would've expected it to at this point. What makes it a fail is that the owner came out a year ago talking mad trash and gtm posted up these 1000whp threads.
But if you look at the shops who have actually built 1000+whp VQ's, they posted threads AFTER THE PROJECT WAS COMPLETE AND 1000+whp WAS ACHIEVED.

Except for the shady/questionable S&R thread that was scrubbed, there haven't been any recently completed 1000whp projects posted. However, I know of another 1000+whp project that's wrapping up (just pending tuning) and hopefully a thread of the completed build with dynos & vids will be posted very soon.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
LO fukn L

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
But if you look at the shops who have actually built 1000+whp VQ's, they posted threads AFTER THE PROJECT WAS COMPLETE AND 1000+whp WAS ACHIEVED.

Except for the shady/questionable S&R thread that was scrubbed, there haven't been any recently completed 1000whp projects posted. However, I know of another 1000+whp project that's wrapping up (just pending tuning) and hopefully a thread of the completed build with dynos & vids will be posted very soon.
It really is a shame that most of the 370z forum guys have no idea on the what's and who's of the VQ world. They see GTM posting up a sh|t storm on that site and they follow it like blind sheep! -Unreal!
To much fanboi -, will do nothing for that community.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by Bullitt@UAMotorsports
No just two cars lol... The other Z will come after white dragon sells... I don't want to sell but I have other plans and I want to promote our new product lines without all of the other contracts on the car. I want to continue to develop new parts and innovative designs for our platform.

Mike
Look who became an innovator and designer!!!
-I posed a question asking what skill sets he has that will aide him in his eternal quest..
.. not expecting an answer..

Quick Reply: Did Project White Dragon Fail?