Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

700+ horsepower, 3 years running strong

Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds bad a$$ congrats on having problem free power.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:17 PM
exZilaration

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds nice bro
Old 05-04-2011, 06:03 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

i agree sounds great...what clutch did you go with? jw how its holdin up to that type of powa....
Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

11k miles is still pretty low, Albertos first built engine had quite a few miles on it as well if I recall, and hey really drove his car hard from the videos and stories on the forum.

-George
Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by eltness350
i agree sounds great...what clutch did you go with? jw how its holdin up to that type of powa....
I have a twin disc from rps, clutch feels stock when depressed and bites like a mo fo when warm. My friends z06 has a twin disc from rps and feels EXACTLY the same.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XBS
11k miles is still pretty low, Albertos first built engine had quite a few miles on it as well if I recall, and hey really drove his car hard from the videos and stories on the forum.

-George
I had 9000 in less than year.

Dyno??
Old 05-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I had 9000 in less than year.

Dyno??
I doubt you will ever see the dyno or a build list. I'm not being an a-hole... this has been standard VTR since I became a member on the forum. Getting a build or tune at VTR is like fight club... we all know the first two rules.

I met one of his customers with a full build at ZdayZ last year and it was the same thing, no info on the setup, tune or anything.

IIRC, his car was pig rich (covered in soot) and then had a slight mechanical failure at Fontana. Sharif or one of his guys helped the owner out and my understanding was that when Vinny heard he was not pleased that another tech was allowed under the hood.

Odd that VTR wasn't a sponsor for a long time and nowbody ever saw threads about their VTR builds or tunes. Now I see a VTR banner ad and here is a thread. I'm not saying they don't know how to build fast cars... I'm just saying that if anyone expects them to share info for the betterment of the platform you shouldn't hold your breath.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 AM
John@z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

Originally Posted by Cass007
I doubt you will ever see the dyno or a build list. I'm not being an a-hole... this has been standard VTR since I became a member on the forum. Getting a build or tune at VTR is like fight club... we all know the first two rules.

I met one of his customers with a full build at ZdayZ last year and it was the same thing, no info on the setup, tune or anything.

IIRC, his car was pig rich (covered in soot) and then had a slight mechanical failure at Fontana. Sharif or one of his guys helped the owner out and my understanding was that when Vinny heard he was not pleased that another tech was allowed under the hood.

Odd that VTR wasn't a sponsor for a long time and nowbody ever saw threads about their VTR builds or tunes. Now I see a VTR banner ad and here is a thread. I'm not saying they don't know how to build fast cars... I'm just saying that if anyone expects them to share info for the betterment of the platform you shouldn't hold your breath.

Are you talking about the yellow 350Z?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 AM
GreenGoblin

^ Yes
Old 05-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I dont expect them to share all the info. A simple build list would be nice, but these guys do keep $hit secret like they are FBI. Even if others used the same parts its not being built by same people or tolerances so I dont get the hush hush or "call Vinny" crap. It is rather annoying.

Eventually, all of our built setups will fail, if these guys are so hush about what parts they are runing, how would we ever hear about any of their failures? We wouldnt!

I am cool with a few VTR owners, I respect their cars but this form of "marketing" is weaksauce, I do agree Chris.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cass007

What kind of build list do you want? The only specs. of the build that we leave out is what is done to our stage 2 block.

Why is Vinny at liberty to go into specific detail on our stage 2 motors? All the hours he put into developing something that obviously is proven to WORK to just be given to the next guy for what reason? People just want short cuts in life and want all the information that others have worked hard for nothing.

Vinny doesn't have time to sit on the computer and go back and forth with people. You come to VTR for a built engine or for a tune you get it from Vinny, no one else. His motors and builds are proven, everyone knows that, or else there wouldn't be a discussion on why the specs aren't released.

I will be posting a Dyno sheet shortly of Sal's car. 4 different boost levels.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:56 AM
John@z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

Originally Posted by GreenGoblin
^ Yes
Yeah, we actually hauled that car in to Z1 from the Dragon with the owner. Vinny was very helpful. Our lead tech at the time(Spencer) repaired the car had it back on the road in no time. I also had a chance to drive it and the JWT kit felt pretty good.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

We arent asking for piston to wall clearances lol how about what brand/compression of pistons and what rods? People arent asking for trade secrets just BASICS.

We know from Rocky's Z Cp pistons and Carillo rods. How about this build?

Its almost better to not post $hit than to post builds and then complain when people ask you for simple info and tell them to call the shop, doesn't that seem counterintuitive?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

We arent asking for piston to wall clearances lol how about what brand/compression of pistons and what rods? People arent asking for trade secrets just BASICS.

We know from Rocky's Z Cp pistons and Carillo rods. How about this build?

Its almost better to not post $hit than to post builds and then complain when people ask you for simple info and tell them to call the shop, doesn't that seem counterintuitive?
The information has been on vinnytenracing.com for YEARS. If people weren't so lazy and clicked on ENGINES>STAGE II you would see the break down.

PARTS:
CUSTOM SLEEVED DARTON BLOCK
VTR ARP H STUDS ½-13
VTR CP PISTONS W/866 & L.G.P.
VTR TOTAL SEAL RINGS
ARP MAIN STUD KIT
ACL/CALICO MAIN BEARINGS
ACL/CALICO ROD BEARINGS
NISSAN THRUST WASH
GTR SKYLINE FACTORY HEAD
CARRILLO H BEAMS W/WMC BOLTS

MACHINE WORK:
CNC INSTALL MID KIT
DRILL & TAP 1/2-13 H-BOLT HOLES
DECK SURFACE OF BLOCK
HAND FINISH DECK TO # 50 RA
POWER HONE WITH PLATE
LINE HONE
MICRO POLISH RADIUS OIL HOLES
REMOVE GALLEY *****, FLUSH CLEAN
DRILL & TAP FOR SET SCREWS
RESIZE RODS FOR ADDITIONAL CLEARANCE
BALANCE COMPLETE ROTATING ASSEMBLY
FILE FIT RING TO BORE
Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ 2 things listed on the motor build that stand out to me, but I wanna clarify if I understand correctly...
  • H11 head studs?
  • "L.G.P" Does that mean those pistons are gas ported?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 05-05-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

You are starting a thread to share with a community why couldn't you just post this from the start? It's you who are lazy. Forum etiquette isn't that hard is it?

All this call us, beg us, click this crap is annoying. Why should 95% of the people call you to see something so simple when we wont ever take our cars to you?

I'm glad you made it this far though, now lets see how long it takes to upload a dyno...

Originally Posted by Brandon@VTR
The information has been on vinnytenracing.com for YEARS. If people weren't so lazy and clicked on ENGINES>STAGE II you would see the break down.

Last edited by Alberto; 05-05-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 AM
psychoballistic

The car in question was adrians yellow z which ended up being a minor issue. Again, he was xxxx amount of miles from home, stuck without any support from Vtr at that moment. The goal was to get his car back to ny for VTR to fix, ended up being something small, why trailer and have the added cost of towing a car for a $150 part that could allow him to drive it home.

As far as I know they have the old vantage point drag car which kept blowing motors back in the day, and at that time Vinny was still working for the Nissan dealership he was at. If my memory serves me that tube chasis was built by Charlie and Fred at C&F auto, big time NHRA guys, and VTR acquired that car after it had been built for racing.

Building motors is no rocket science, you either have a good builder or not, you know how to build or not.... To say there are trade secrets to a vq is sort of a weak defense in my opinion... If we were referrng to Bob Newberry motors or something of the sort I may say OK... Is it that hard to provide a build list? Not like people want the whole blueprint. This is why I am a firm believer in DIY, where you know everything about your car, of course we do not all have that ability...

Transparency is key to customer retention... This has been the main reason I choose to deal with people who want to share information.... As the old saying goes "all boats rise when the water level rises" if the community grows so will business for all shops contributing.

Alwaysnboost, your car sounds great man, great to see happy customers regardless of the shop.

Edit: thanks for posting a build list

Last edited by psychoballistic; 05-05-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Brandon@VTR
Vendor - Former Vendor

Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 AM
psychoballistic

You are starting a thread to share with a community why couldn't you just post this from the start? It's you who are lazy. Forum etiquette isn't that hard is it?

All this call us, beg us, click this crap is annoying. Why should 95% of the people call you to see something so simple when we wont ever take our cars to you?

I'm glad you made it this far though, now lets see how long it takes to upload a dyno...
I would like to see a dyno also, I can't recall seeing one from VTR in the past either. I do not usually take a stand on anything, but the forums are all about helping the community, and I simply have yet to see that desire from VTR other then locking in customers and then strong arming them after. I hope that the point of joining this forum is to help correct our perception including mine, but I am not seeing it yet.

Edit: Thanks for posting the Dyno

Last edited by psychoballistic; 05-05-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Change in thread
Old 05-05-2011, 11:05 AM
zmedic16

is it just me or when you pause the video at a certain point there is a clear pic of the dyno run. As for the motor "specs" its ALWAYS been at their site. this is the problem with us.. we automatically start attacking if things are not posted instantly and not served on a silver platter.

ninja edit.
nice car. i heard this car fired up a while back... sounds even better in person.

Last edited by zmedic16; 05-05-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 700+ horsepower, 3 years running strong