Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS basemap Haltech

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 PM
aln

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up APS basemap Haltech

Hi guys, anyone got a basemap for an aps tt kit running haltech? Just need something so I can drive it safely to the tuning shop, and see that there no leaks anywhere...

running:

forged engine 8:8:1
tt aps turbo's garret type
aps injectors and fuel system (not extreme)
true dual exhaust with hfc's
the haltech will control the aps solenoid and will be using the maf on the haltech.

anyone got one? (RON95 will be used)

cheers
a
Old 05-07-2011, 09:20 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

PM Hal, he will take care of you.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:15 AM
aln

Originally Posted by midz350
PM Hal, he will take care of you.
I did pop him a mail or two, don't want to keep pesturising him
Old 05-08-2011, 07:18 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

His e-mail has changed to hal@dynosty.com (just fyi). I believe he is the official USA support lead, so I don't think you'd be bugging him.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 AM
aln

Originally Posted by rcdash
His e-mail has changed to hal@dynosty.com (just fyi). I believe he is the official USA support lead, so I don't think you'd be bugging him.
cheers, mail sent
Old 05-08-2011, 09:53 AM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hal is good PPL n should definitely be able to help u out....
Old 05-09-2011, 01:39 PM
aln

Originally Posted by 350zion
Hal is good PPL n should definitely be able to help u out....
PPL?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aln
PPL?
ppl=people

did you get a map? You said it would be running the haltech from the stock maf but i would suggest doing the internal MAP sensor on the haltech for tuning.

depending your setup and how wild you have increased your injectors you could run it on the ecu but just stay out of boost and go easy on the throttle. It might be rich but shouldn't be too bad with the stock ecu o2 control in order to get it to the shop.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
aln

Originally Posted by binder
ppl=people

did you get a map? You said it would be running the haltech from the stock maf but i would suggest doing the internal MAP sensor on the haltech for tuning.

depending your setup and how wild you have increased your injectors you could run it on the ecu but just stay out of boost and go easy on the throttle. It might be rich but shouldn't be too bad with the stock ecu o2 control in order to get it to the shop.
ah meant to say that I'll be using the internal map sensor alright. went from std injectors to 500cc that's included in the aps kit. Might be an idea, might also just bite the bullet and get it up on a trailer to the tuner shop, will cost small fortune I'd say like everything else I try to do
Old 05-09-2011, 02:36 PM
rh_334

Originally Posted by aln
ah meant to say that I'll be using the internal map sensor alright. went from std injectors to 500cc that's included in the aps kit. Might be an idea, might also just bite the bullet and get it up on a trailer to the tuner shop, will cost small fortune I'd say like everything else I try to do
Why are you using the stock APS fuel system on a Built block APS TT? On my high compression stock block i ran out of fuel at ~520rwhp
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
aln

Originally Posted by rh_334
Why are you using the stock APS fuel system on a Built block APS TT? On my high compression stock block i ran out of fuel at ~520rwhp
had to stop somewhere will be a custom return system though would have thought it would be able to flow more then 520rwhp, if I get 500+ this year I'm happy.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
rh_334

Originally Posted by aln
had to stop somewhere will be a custom return system though would have thought it would be able to flow more then 520rwhp, if I get 500+ this year I'm happy.
If you use anything but the APS regulator you won't even make 500rwhp. You already won't be able to make 520rwhp since you lower compression, and those are DJ #s (not sure what kind of dyno your basing this off of) But APS uses 4Bar regulators, those injectors are actually only 440cc, but by running them @4Bar they flow just over 500cc. I highly suggest picking up some bigger injectors. I think i saw in the classifieds today a set of GTR 570cc injectors cheap, pick those up and call it a day
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
aln

If you use anything but the APS regulator you won't even make 500rwhp. You already won't be able to make 520rwhp since you lower compression, and those are DJ #s (not sure what kind of dyno your basing this off of) But APS uses 4Bar regulators, those injectors are actually only 440cc, but by running them @4Bar they flow just over 500cc. I highly suggest picking up some bigger injectors. I think i saw in the classifieds today a set of GTR 570cc injectors cheap, pick those up and call it a day
aha, wonder if thats the reason they take of the bosch stamps.. I'll hold off now burnt a hole in my pocket already will concentrate on fuel system next year if I feel that I need it. Will post figures ones this car is ready for tune and dyno. he's using a dynapack hub dyno so no slipping tyres here
(or mad people sitting in the boot or batteries, water cans etc etc)

what fuel system are u running?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:59 PM
rh_334

Originally Posted by aln
aha, wonder if thats the reason they take of the bosch stamps.. I'll hold off now burnt a hole in my pocket already will concentrate on fuel system next year if I feel that I need it. Will post figures ones this car is ready for tune and dyno. he's using a dynapack hub dyno so no slipping tyres here
(or mad people sitting in the boot or batteries, water cans etc etc)

what fuel system are u running?
If your going to hold off for a year i wouldn't do the "custom fuel return" since you will actually be able to make more power with the APS 4Bar regulator. Just save that setup for when you upgrade to larger injectors.

You wouldn't have any slip issues with those small injectors/fuel system anyway.

I was using the basic APS fuel system until Saturday, i finally completed my built block and removed my engine, im going to switch to the APS Extreme System for my built block.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:08 PM
aln

If your going to hold off for a year i wouldn't do the "custom fuel return" since you will actually be able to make more power with the APS 4Bar regulator. Just save that setup for when you upgrade to larger injectors.

You wouldn't have any slip issues with those small injectors/fuel system anyway.

I was using the basic APS fuel system until Saturday, i finally completed my built block and removed my engine, im going to switch to the APS Extreme System for my built block.
what crazy monies do they charge for that? was going down that route but the supplier didnt have them in stock so ignored it
Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
rh_334

Originally Posted by aln
what crazy monies do they charge for that? was going down that route but the supplier didnt have them in stock so ignored it
Z1 has several instock, thats where im getting mine.
http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35...oducts_id=2290
Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
binder

with those injectors you won't have a problem driving in vacuum to the tuner.

also, i recommend CJ motorsports fuel systems. Charles is awesome and very great to his customers.

I had a stage 0 CJ fuel system with 800cc DW injectors and i maxed out a single walbro. So you could get that simple return system and it would do everything a single walbro could do. It also is easily upgraded to the stage 1,2, or 3.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 AM
rh_334

Originally Posted by binder
with those injectors you won't have a problem driving in vacuum to the tuner.

also, i recommend CJ motorsports fuel systems. Charles is awesome and very great to his customers.

I had a stage 0 CJ fuel system with 800cc DW injectors and i maxed out a single walbro. So you could get that simple return system and it would do everything a single walbro could do. It also is easily upgraded to the stage 1,2, or 3.
but he is currently out of stock of VQ fuel systems and last time i talked to him was unsure when he would have more.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:48 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by aln
If you get a set of DW 800cc injectors with the aps fuel system that came with the kit you won't run out of fuel. I run 550rwhp/550tq all day with their stock fuel system and those injectors. You will max out the turbos first before you run out of fuel.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:31 PM
binder

but he is currently out of stock of VQ fuel systems and last time i talked to him was unsure when he would have more.
even the stage 0 system? it's just a return line, return correction and FPR. Kind of odd if he's out of all of those things. I know he always runs short on fuel rails though because they machine them in house.

that's a bummer. You might be able to check with shops that sell his goods. Injected performance usually has some in stock.

Quick Reply: APS basemap Haltech