Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Acceleration?stumbling issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

well that coupler moving and causing a boost leak plays into the problem so hopefully that is the only issue going on.

Keep us updated. I hope it's a simple fix and everything works itself out. It sucks to deal with weird gremlins on a car.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:24 PM
kajuraelai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i think it was a collection of gremlins, after replacing the clamp on the coupler and sealing the wound, resealing the bung on the meth , respacing the plugs, checking every coil pack and checking fuel pump... it went away thanks everyone again for the help and the messages

see ya on the road

Ray
Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 AM
adittus

Did you ever end up hooking up a fuel pressure guage? This problem sounds nearly identical to mine. Check out my post if you want. Its titled "Help! My SC is cutting out on me". Cutting out or stumbling anyways. However your problem seems to be a tad more on the consistent side as mine comes and goes..and seems a bit ambiant air temp related.

Anyway I have low fuel pressure readings so its pointing to the fuel pressure regulator. Just wondering if you ever did get that looked at.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:41 PM
kajuraelai

it wasnt the fuel pump... initially i thought it was , but that was before i could get it to shawn as far as analysis , once we took a look at it , he didnt notice any really large fluctuations in regards to fuel so i didnt have to get it tested.

the other thing is are you on a walbro? and did you mod it ? ive heard some of the walbro's that were modded actually have a negative effect.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:30 AM
adittus

No im using the OEM pump. But since im cracking into the tank, I was thinking about upgrading to the 255. I have never heard of anything negative at all about those up till now. So now you have me questioning. What and where did you hear negatives about these? And by modding do you mean having to cut the housing cuz the walbro is bigger?
Old 06-24-2011, 08:47 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adittus
No im using the OEM pump. But since im cracking into the tank, I was thinking about upgrading to the 255. I have never heard of anything negative at all about those up till now. So now you have me questioning. What and where did you hear negatives about these? And by modding do you mean having to cut the housing cuz the walbro is bigger?
You have to file down 1 mounting tab so it's no big deal.

There really isn't a negative to the walbro. Some ppl say that they can hear it but i can just barely hear my twin pump setup. I never hurt my single pump setup.

Your fuel pressure low issue is because you are maxing out your stock pump. When a pump can't keep up the fuel pressure drops due to a drop in fuel supply.