Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Sport Z Supercharger Shootout - Done!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 07:16 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jesseenglish
Ditto, I sure wouldn't want to do business in this community. It makes me embarassed to be part of the community with whining like this.
Jesse, thank you. Art, Dave and I have been stunned by this and other posts on my350z.com and we'll need to dive into the joy of the season sooner than planned.

Everything we do in the future will be guided by the events of the last four days and that's a shame. Personally, we'll never be the same and professionally, likewise.

I'm going to disappear until next year. When I return, I'll review our options and see where we go from here.

Happy Holidays Jesse and Happy Holidays my350z.com.

Bob
Old 12-18-2003, 08:56 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default This is not the kind of message that I enjoy writing

It is amazing how the crew at sport Z magazine, is oblivious to the fundamental customer relation issues that surfaced in this exercise; it would seem that the entire staff is in total denial.

You just don’t treat your readers and supporters like door mats. Granted that the disappointment expressed by the audience on the scheduled date for print got unrulier; however, it was not reason enough for the staff at sports Z mag. to antagonize those that did not conform to your views and philosophy, and compounding the mayhem with belligerent personal attacks..

When you decide to post the December 15 SC shoot-out results, or your unbiased empirical investigation claims of Zee superchargers, ya-da, ya-da were the least of our grievances.

It was the lack of sincere foresight and absence of regard afforded to your audience, especially your supporters for the event that outraged me. Not even an apology, but continued barrage of insults, defensive statements and justification for your short comings; and to those who had differences of opinion as to the scientific validity of the comparison.

Understand one thing, you need us the entire community, we do not need you; we are your bread and butter. The industry would jump ship as soon as they sense your readership list dwindling. It is, however, obvious to most of us that you need advertisers to maintain the health and growth of your publication; and we, at least most of us, understand that with the backing from the industry giants you will have the platform to bring to your readers quality entertainment, unbiased advise and worth while aftermarket recommendations; and weed out the hype.

I am shocked that the budget for the December 15 trials did not include some form of compensation for those who unconditionally afforded their cars for your use. Not even refreshments and meals were provided, and to add salt to the wound the supporters were made to pay an entry fee. Did any of you even considered the wear and tear sustained by the vehicle in this form of vigorous and grueling trials?

Originally posted by publisher
Jesse, thank you. Art, Dave and I have been stunned by this and other posts on my350z.com and we'll need to dive into the joy of the season sooner than planned.

Everything we do in the future will be guided by the events of the last four days and that's a shame. Personally, we'll never be the same and professionally, likewise.

I'm going to disappear until next year. When I return, I'll review our options and see where we go from here.

Happy Holidays Jesse and Happy Holidays my350z.com.

Bob
And, you continue to belittle and insult us, your audience with, tantrums, threats and retribution. Do you read your responses Bob?

“Everything we do in the future will be guided by the events of the last four days and that's a shame. Personally, we'll never be the same and professionally, likewise.”
I know the closed shootouts will disappoint many of you and I truly wish it could be different.
Bob, it is too bad that you missed the point; and the entire LE of this exercise. Why would anyone in his/her right mind subscribe to a publication that punishes its readers because of a difference of opinion?

Last edited by 350Zzzz; 12-18-2003 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:53 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

It's amazing to see the arrogance and unprofessional attitude exhibited by the Sport Z people, but we are probably holding them to an unfair standard. This is not Car and Driver we're talking about here: have you actually seen the magazine? They pretend to act like a "Real" magazine, but it's just a bunch of enthusiasts doing their best. And I think that's great! I already get the other professional magazines, and it's nice to have an alternative.

So the guys from Sport Z that are on this message board acting just as pissy and immature as the rest of us hurling insults about should not be too surprising -- they ARE one of us! They are not corporate PR people or professional journalists. They get insulted and get defensive and write immature responses like many people would if they were attacked. So I guess we just need to ignore it. I agree that the justification of waiting to print the results because 99% of the readers want it that way was laughable, but these guys aren't public relations geniuses!

I was pissed at first too, but when I think about it and think of the mag itself, I figure we need to cut these guys a break.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 AM
ChrisMCagle

Thumbs up I second that!

Originally posted by Spyre
How is this a fiasco?? Because they want to release it in an article which can fully explain all the results. You all are a bunch of whiners!! It's sad really, no wonder the old Z car only mag died...with community support like this I'm not sure how much I'd want to do it. Or at least drop 350Z coverage when everyone is acting like such a ***** about it here. Sad.
I couldn't have said it any better

Hey Bob, don't drop the 350Z coverage though

-Chrismcagle