Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ECU for boosted applications

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 05:16 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 12SecZ
It is actually 2 pulleys you need to change and they do not refer to them as "9 lb pulleys" so why would you? {They being your sponsor} and for good reason, mine make 11 lbs. This has been discussed to death in the count your pulley teeth thread, it's two pulleys that need to remain under 65 teeth total. You can make "9 lbs" with the stock poulleys at higher rpm's.

I think you and your "sponsor" should be on the same page if you are going to post representing them and their product.

DaKing,
Are you absolutely 100 % sure that ATI is your Sponsor (keeping in mind some of us call their quite often?)
Max,

You really need to STOP calling me out..Especially when no one has seen ANY of your DYNO sheets
The reason I refer to the pulley as 9lb pulley is because it is EASY to say 9lb pulley opposed to 65 teeth total pully combination...You know what I am talking about when I say 9lb and so does the rest of this site and so Does ATI..so lets not argue over nonsense..
And as far as ATI Sposoring me,You are welcome to call Carey Pangac(not sure if I spelled it right) and ask him personally..He is in charge of that stuff and I personally deal with him...There has been some custom fabrication discussed and I will leave it at that..I think ATI has been Great with me so far and EVERYTHING I needed I got no problem...NoW MAX,lets not get into a pissing contest over this stuff,considering you PAY people to do all your work and i DO all my work myself..Alot of members here look to you as GOD and take whatever you say as GOSPEL..But I have come to realize that you simply repeat what you have been told by the people you pay to work on your car,and it makes it sound like you know what you are doing....You are just a fool with money....Now that being said please stop questioning everything I post and say,Cause I can go back into the archives and start quoting stuff you said then did a complete 180 and said the opposite..In fact you have done so many 180's I have lost count..
Are you a pioneer..Yes I will give you that
Are you afraid to take a chance?no your not
do you have a fast car?yes you do...
Do you have a clue what you are talking about sometimes?no you dont...
Please lets keep on topic in the interest of developing some new alternatives for people..You have any arguing to do then please pm me with such..Some people want to learn here..
Old 01-28-2004, 05:57 PM
12SecZ

Yeah... I remember that name, he wrote that BOGUS letter to EJ.

I will say this, there is nothing wrong with a good driver who wins trophees paying someone to work on his car while he (the driver) just races it (and wins.)

Happens every day.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
12SecZ

By the way, slam me all you want but I personally think you owe an apology to Tadishi and Victor Reyes, they have not said anything bad about you or this product you are pushing, they just helped me fix the car a horrid installer blew up.

8 lb pulley with no A/F guage on a dyno w/o timing fix?

Last edited by 12SecZ; 01-28-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:30 PM
daking350
Banned

By the way, slam me all you want but I personally think you owe an apology to Tadishi and Victor Reyes, they have not said anything bad about you or this product you are pushing, they just helped me fix the car a horrid installer blew up.

8 lb pulley with no A/F guage on a dyno w/o timing fix?
How do you figure I owe Tadashi OR Victor Reyes an apology???...I never said anything bad about them or their products..I said for you to stop sucking their dicks and saying their names in every post you make..We get the point,they do good work and you purhcased their products..Enough is enough already...This is why you got banned the first time,you dont know when ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...
Old 01-28-2004, 06:49 PM
12SecZ

Good luck with your group buy and sponsorship dude, personally you started making me sick when you stated you were a New Jersey Cop then gave the female advice on how to break the law.

And for the record this is in no way even remotely related to how I was banned and yes I do call BS on ATI sponsoring you on some secret FAB so deal with it. You do not even understand what a Sponsorship is, you are not even in reality!

Sorry for posting about a setup that actually worked great and how and whom to thank. I will be sure to cease to do so starting right now, happy?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:03 PM
daking350
Banned

Good luck with your group buy and sponsorship dude, personally you started making me sick when you stated you were a New Jersey Cop then gave the female advice on how to break the law.
I was giving her advice on how NOT to be VICTIMIZED by a cop who was breaking the law..Period..Please leave my profession out of this it has NOTHING to do with your FALSE claims of 400hp with NO DYNO SHEET... Just cause your a wanna be cop dont hate on me..

And for the record this is in no way even remotely related to how I was banned![/QUOTE]
It absolutely shows how you were banned cause you just DONT know when to stop..
and yes I do call BS on ATI sponsoring you on some secret FAB so deal with it. You do not even understand what a Sponsorship is, you are not even in reality![/QUOTE]
You believe what you want..I personally dont believe how you claimed the #1 spot for FI cars WEEKS before you even installed and tuned your 9lb "PULLEY COMBINATION"There is always one jealous fool..Maybee if you werent soooooo busy FLAMING them then doing a 180 then back to flaming them...They would sponsor you...Or maybee the fact that TS is working on your car and they are a sister company of one of ATI's compeditors...

Sorry for posting about a setup that actually worked great and how and whom to thank. I will be sure to cease to do so starting right now, happy? [/QUOTE]
How about just stop posting...Alot more people will be happy..PS thanks for ruining my thread MAX..
Old 01-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is getting old....why does every thread need to turn into "mine is bigger than yours".....

I personally see nothing wrong with someone who pays someone else to work on their car....especially when the one getting paid can simultaneouly teach the customer about what it is they are doing....thats what a good tuner is all about. The fact that people work on their own cas vs pying someone else to do it has nothign to do with the price of tea in China...different strokes for different folks.

The only point of these threads should be education....showing people different paths towards the same goals, not calling people out because they don't post a dyno sheet or don't quote the exact boost said pulley can produce...keep it on point guys!

I wholeheartedly agree on the DFMU though...it is a bandaid wrapped in a pretty box...nothing more, nothing less. Aeromotive truly makes some innovative and motorsports proven pieces...this is not one of them, and reminds me of any number of boxes that once were common place in the late eighties, early nineties, before the dawn of true standalone, and before the shores of various countries got a whole lot closer.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-28-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Enron Exec

<---------- Please cease fire everyone! ------------>
8-)
Old 01-28-2004, 08:50 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
this is getting old....why does every thread need to turn into "mine is bigger than yours".....

I personally see nothing wrong with someone who pays someone else to work on their car....especially when the one getting paid can simultaneouly teach the customer about what it is they are doing....thats what a good tuner is all about. The fact that people work on their own cas vs pying someone else to do it has nothign to do with the price of tea in China...different strokes for different folks.

The only point of these threads should be education....showing people different paths towards the same goals, not calling people out because they don't post a dyno sheet or don't quote the exact boost said pulley can produce...keep it on point guys!

I wholeheartedly agree on the DFMU though...it is a bandaid wrapped in a pretty box...nothing more, nothing less. Aeromotive truly makes some innovative and motorsports proven pieces...this is not one of them, and reminds me of any number of boxes that once were common place in the late eighties, early nineties, before the dawn of true standalone, and before the shores of various countries got a whole lot closer.
I agree with you on the Aeromotive unit..But if one uses it to boost the fuel pressure to an acceptable level and tunes the A/F with a piggyback there is more reliability..I am only trying to bring to light a more cost effective way of tuning the car safely..People have already spent alot of $$$$ on the units and for them to put a stand alone in just isnt cost effective or feasable..
This set up will work and work just fine..Is there room for improvement,of course,there always is something better..It is just a matter of how much $$$$$ you can afford to spend..Some people just dont have the cash to keep throwing at problems..
Old 01-28-2004, 10:20 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

how much does your ECU cost?.........how much is it to install it?.......how much is it to tune it?.........how much dyno time is required to tune it?
Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 AM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So why can't I just buy a Greddy E-Manage for less then what your unit is going to cost?
Old 01-29-2004, 05:22 AM
tbcz

Warning to warring factions...no more personal attacks or off-topic comments will be tolerated in these engine management threads. Please stick to what you are planning to do, are doing, have done and the results of it. Educating fellow forum members is the desired result. Tip: it's generally a good idea to stick to comments about your own equipment and/or experience. Comments about other members equipment and/or experience generally leads nowhere, and does no one any good.

The mods are currently discussing this latest batch of nonsense and reading through all the threads that are pertinent and deciding what if any action will be taken. In the mean time, I suggest the members involved in this latest go-round chill out.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:48 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
how much does your ECU cost?.........how much is it to install it?.......how much is it to tune it?.........how much dyno time is required to tune it?
First I would like to appologize to those who would like to learn about my ECU for getting so off topic..I took the bait and allowed myself to be sucked into the Drama..

Ok EJ to answer your question...I have a group buy for $675 for under 10 units..over 10 units it goes to $600...Install should take 30 minutes by an experienced installer...The unit I will be sendin will have Timing maps for 8lb OR 9lb pulley "combinations"..As long as your DFMU is already tuned to an 11.6-12.0 A/F you will be fine..OR you can ditch the DFMU and re-tune it for larger injectors OR secondaries...I am looking into the costs of ditching the DFMU and adding 2-4 secondary injectors for the A/F which would come PRE-MAPPED at sealevel conditions..So little if any tuning would be required..
Old 01-29-2004, 07:52 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by ravaz
So why can't I just buy a Greddy E-Manage for less then what your unit is going to cost?
You could buy an E-manage..But as far as I understand it is PASSWORD protected allowing NO further tune...This unit will allow you to tune your own parameters...Hook up a laptop and record a run and play it back and see where all you A/F and timing levels were at at any paticular RPM...Its really a cool unit and for the cost of less than any other units it gives you some prety versatile controls...There are more involved and better units out there but do you really want to spend 1300-2600 on an ECU??I dont..I hope to have some #'s for you guys by Feb 13th...
Old 01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
ravaz

Originally posted by daking350
You could buy an E-manage..But as far as I understand it is PASSWORD protected allowing NO further tune...This unit will allow you to tune your own parameters...Hook up a laptop and record a run and play it back and see where all you A/F and timing levels were at at any paticular RPM...Its really a cool unit and for the cost of less than any other units it gives you some prety versatile controls...There are more involved and better units out there but do you really want to spend 1300-2600 on an ECU??I dont..I hope to have some #'s for you guys by Feb 13th...
Well, the E-manage comes password protected with the Greddy TT kit, but not if you buy the unit by itself, it has no password then. The Greddy kit does timing, A/F, injectors, and also logs etc.. I'm not putting down your unit, I'm sure it will do well, good luck with it.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:04 AM
daking350
Banned

Well, the E-manage comes password protected with the Greddy TT kit, but not if you buy the unit by itself, it has no password then. The Greddy kit does timing, A/F, injectors, and also logs etc.. I'm not putting down your unit, I'm sure it will do well, good luck with it.
Well then its Pretty much the same unit...The company sells them to other manufacturers..In fact I believe Stillen and Ripp automotive are some of their customers..How much is the E-MAnage??
Old 01-29-2004, 08:10 AM
ravaz

I think the e-manage unit retails for 3xx, then you need a few harnesses for injectors, timing, RPM, probably come out to ~600. Ripp automotive? Aren't they out of Staten Island?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:12 AM
daking350
Banned

I think the e-manage unit retails for 3xx, then you need a few harnesses for injectors, timing, RPM, probably come out to ~600. Ripp automotive? Aren't they out of Staten Island?
Yupp Staten Island..They buy this ECU and rename it and use it on all their cars...
Old 01-29-2004, 08:21 AM
ravaz

Cool, Ripp comes out with some pretty cool sh*t.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 AM
daking350
Banned

Cool, Ripp comes out with some pretty cool sh*t.
I know they do,but alot of Honda and Acura stuff...We need some 350Zstuff!! But its is the EXACT unit they use as their "LITTLE BLACK BOX"...Its the SMT6 with their software and name...

Quick Reply: ECU for boosted applications