Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Missing MAIN HARNESS FOR HKS AFK KNOCK AMP version 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 AM
De La Money

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing MAIN HARNESS FOR HKS AFK KNOCK AMP version 1

as title says, here a pic of said part. let me know where i can get one if somebody has one. Vendors?sponsors im paypal ready. thanks

Old 11-28-2011, 07:33 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

HKS has never been really good about selling individual harnesses. You will probly have to find another unit and use the harness from that.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Plus isn't HKS pretty much done for in the USA? Good luck getting any parts from them...
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 PM
De La Money

VENDORS/SPONSORS/ OG FI Heads PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM
suprasam

have you tried Forged Performance in Marietta? They sourced me a secondary O2 sensor after HKS USA closed.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
De La Money

i did, but i they said they didnt have it in stock nor could they Probably get one hks. did they get yours for the same version knock amp as me?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know this sounds really ghetto... but if you find a crimp on female terminal of the proper size to slide onto the male terminals inside that connector, you can make a little harness with just the wires that you need, then fill the connector with epoxy so that they dont slide off or move around and contact each other.

it works, i know for sure. because a friend gave me a knock amp missing the same exact harness. so i had to do that. even though i ended up throwing the whole unit away a week later because the backlight in the display was super dim (different connector, dont blame me lol)
Old 12-03-2011, 03:19 PM
De La Money

Originally Posted by phunk
i know this sounds really ghetto... but if you find a crimp on female terminal of the proper size to slide onto the male terminals inside that connector, you can make a little harness with just the wires that you need, then fill the connector with epoxy so that they dont slide off or move around and contact each other.

it works, i know for sure. because a friend gave me a knock amp missing the same exact harness. so i had to do that. even though i ended up throwing the whole unit away a week later because the backlight in the display was super dim (different connector, dont blame me lol)
okay, where did you get all the parts to supplement the harness, connect to the fcon, and the my 02 sensor????
Old 12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Even when I had the whole harness setup in my 350z, I spliced the knock amp into the fcon harness and tossed out the connectors. When I put the one without a harness in my 370, my 370 doesn't have the fcon but its all the same just wire up the output to the input and use any crimp on connector you want for easy disconnect... Spade or bullet style whatever you want.

That older version knock amp you have uses an older NTK wide and sensor which I have never seen available with the original connector that the knock amp used. Meaning you had to cut off the plug anyway unless using the original sensor that came with the knock amp, which would be really old by now. These ends of the harness are just basic wire connections you can handle this

Last edited by phunk; 12-03-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Oh here ya go, here's a place listing the same NTK sensor that came with that knock amp and the same connector;

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/438

They have this page of all sorts of wideband connectors
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/ind.../cPath/103_108

But I'm not seeing the other end to match that NTK. Perhaps just use connectors from another sensor .. Doesn't really matter