Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

700hp turbo build goal

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

652hp right now on a 6765 boosted performance kit. Nothing will touch it for the cost. There are some that i think are equal in quality but easily 3 grand more expensive.

You would have to be on race gas to make 700. E85 wouldn't be feasible due to the high fuel requirements you would be easily 2500$ into a fuel system.

10k can't be done but if your'e into a quality kit that is thousands less and puts down the power then a boosted performance kit is the way to go. I'm only at 22psi so far and my clutch gave up. It will be close to (if not over) 700hp after i put in this new triple clutch and then work on the timing at 22psi. Then up goes the boost for even more power. Check my thread if you want the results on it. Can you get there with other kits, of course. It will cost about 3 grand more just for the turbo kit though. With your 9000$ pricetag that is actually 4k$ more than a bp tuner kit.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:16 PM
n2deepnot2keep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by konrad
my old build was no posted in this forum, but I made my own turbo kit with HX40 turbo, Utec, full fuel system, 760cc injectors, Build motor, not sure how much i spent in total but it was under $10k or close to it.
I got a set of oem bore pistons, had the shop balance the assembly , than I assembled the engine. so 99% of the work was done by me. Only problem is I didnt know **** about building engines and didnt even measure crank, block, rods. Just got OEM size bearings. As my signature explains a lot, I'm on my second build. I do have to say that I was running unturned on a APS 550cc tune for 7k miles pushing it a lot.
I'm sure if i did proper research ,and actually measured everything, and get tuned right away I would have still been running.
wow can't believe you got that many miles out of that. You almost got ur monies worth. Lol
Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
konrad

Originally Posted by n2deepnot2keep
wow can't believe you got that many miles out of that. You almost got ur monies worth. Lol
I know looking at some of the other people here with 5 blown motors I'm surprised. I just hope this time it will be different.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that quote depends where you are greatly, i know in ohio i can get everything done for that but i also know the lowest quote i have been given so far in hawaii is 1100 for decking the head and block to ensure its straight, bore and hone, line bore, and balance the rotating assembly. i can tell you right now my goal is about the same and its costing me about 20k in parts alone. this is engine, upgraded cooling system, intake, headers, cams, exhuast, turbo kit, fuel system, oil cooler, clutch, cd009 trans, new lsd, axles, wheels and tires, and engine management.

if i decide to build my own engine(so i can use wossner 8.0:1 pistons) then i might be able to shave 1k of that but its still 19k in parts alone and thats with a single disc southbend clutch and flywheel for about 1100 not a 2k+ triple disk
So lets say BP kit $5100
Used Rods,pistons $700-900
Machine work $500-800??
Utec-$ 600 with all accessories
Fuel system $800 with pump ( I say this coz my fuel system cost me $800)
clutch $1k

damn you might be short

Last edited by jerryd87; 12-08-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In for results on this build. Maybe I am just jaded... maybe it can be done and we are all missing something

I can remember several times during the build process when decision points come up like:

Do you want to get a new HR oil pump?

Do you want to replace your timing chains and tensioners?

How about high end clutch fluid?

SS clutch line and install?

Upgraded clutch and flywheel?

CJM twin pump hanger or Bosch 044 inline pump setup?

Larger injectors and CJM rails?

Aftermarket plenum or spacer at minumum?

Gauges for boost, AFR and oil temp most likely?

Nissan engine gasket rebuild kit?

Separate purchase of the HR, HKS, Cosworth or Cometic head gaskets?

Pathfinder mod and/or Nismo thermostat?

Some shop or fab time for install (cause all these kits fit perfectly right out of the box )?

Oil cooler setup?

Aftermarket crank balancer?

Exhaust?

Gaskets for the exhaust if you buy a used one?

Got a CD009 trans already, if not, you will need one?

Meatier tires for the rears, possibly some R888's at $300+ each?

Got the tires, don't try to drag it hard or add some axels to your list.

Header wrap or heat coating on the hot sides?

Upgraded radiator?

Upgrade to at least stock Brembos?

Recharge the AC lines if you take the engine out the front?

Street tune?

Max whp tune?

Race gas for max whp tune?

Boost controller (if not included in the kit)?

Oil and filter for start up and break in?

Oil and filter again... this time the expensive stuff for tuning?

Uprev flash to change redline and remove cells?

Meth kit to help keep intake temps down?

Not even mentioning the standard engine components, machining and assembly. Many of us that have done big builds forget all the little pieces that are thrown in on a build. Sure you could re-use some components and skip others all together, but if you want to push the limits and make BIG whp, is that really wise?

As the demographic of ownership changes and becomes younger there will be more owners trying to go F/I on a minimum budget and max out power at the same time. IMO, our platform reacts negatively to that combination.

Some of us build and everything goes smoothly. Others have done verything right with the best components and still had failure(s)... and not just me.

/rant
Old 12-09-2011, 05:37 AM
konrad

Originally Posted by jerryd87
that quote depends where you are greatly, i know in ohio i can get everything done for that but i also know the lowest quote i have been given so far in hawaii is 1100 for decking the head and block to ensure its straight, bore and hone, line bore, and balance the rotating assembly. i can tell you right now my goal is about the same and its costing me about 20k in parts alone. this is engine, upgraded cooling system, intake, headers, cams, exhuast, turbo kit, fuel system, oil cooler, clutch, cd009 trans, new lsd, axles, wheels and tires, and engine management.

if i decide to build my own engine(so i can use wossner 8.0:1 pistons) then i might be able to shave 1k of that but its still 19k in parts alone and thats with a single disc southbend clutch and flywheel for about 1100 not a 2k+ triple disk
My quotes were with used parts, and self made fuel system,
Old 12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol @ the momentum kit even being mentioned in this thread.

You can't do it for 10k without cutting corners or already having the ground work laid. (clutch, cooling mods, etc.)

But I guess if your just building a one time dyno queen that you never intend to track or drive, it could be done. Who cares though right? Just blow the money, drive like a *****, and sell at a loss.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:55 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its a much better deal to buy a built Z or G for 16-20K then it is tryin to build your own car.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
its a much better deal to buy a built Z or G for 16-20K then it is tryin to build your own car.
Sell your car for $10-12K and buy someone's Z/G that is moving on to another platform or getting out of the game.

Looking for an LS2 swapped 350Z... make me an offer, ANYTHING is for sale at the right price
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta make decision on power actually..you are on the cusp of clutch-abilities....

Cause the jump from a southbend single disk to ANY multi-disk clutch is gonna hurt the pocketbook

Tom
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cass007
Sell your car for $10-12K and buy someone's Z/G that is moving on to another platform or getting out of the game.

Looking for an LS2 swapped 350Z... make me an offer, ANYTHING is for sale at the right price
3.8L G that I wouldn't cry to see it leave.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
binder

Originally Posted by thom000001
gotta make decision on power actually..you are on the cusp of clutch-abilities....

Cause the jump from a southbend single disk to ANY multi-disk clutch is gonna hurt the pocketbook

Tom
except spec twin carbon. 1097$ shipped from 2 places online. As much as the 3 people on here that have had issues in the vq world there are hundreds of people that use them on other platforms with no issues. They have been actually tested to the hp they claim instead of calculated. Spec is used by plenty of high tq domestic builds with the same pressure plate rating and carbon disks.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Geezus I leave for a few days for finals and everyone turns into a vaginal.

OP
For 10k I can diarrhea sh*t in your mouth (I'll need a 80$ deposit to buy myself some booze drugs and mexican food), then I will have precisely enough to half *** the rest of my build. I can give you a guarantee I'll have 700hp, likely at the wheels. Take it or leave it.

Just buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shippin...item3a6c69f574

Better yet, eat that 10k in pennies and tub girl yourself...

GOD FOCKIN SEARCH.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:37 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you must be using hardlines then, my self made fuel system is expensive as hell,
80 bucks walbro
300 bucks for both bosch 044's
250 for custom made swirl pot by sasha
70 fuel return correction kit
60 for 6 an adapter on fuel sending unit
500 for all stainless lines plus fittings
200 for used fuel rails
450 for used 1000cc fuel injectors, or mayby they where 1200 i have to look
120 for aeromotive fpr

as you can see a properly done custom fuel system isnt cheap and thats me putting it on the car myself and making the lines myself. 2k to ensure that when i track the car i dont loose any fuel pressure in the turns. you can do it differently but imho anyone who intends to track the car should have a swirl pot setup or you run the risk of starving the engine.
My quotes were with used parts, and self made fuel system,
Old 12-09-2011, 10:52 PM
binder

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Old 12-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Silntseker33

Originally Posted by Resmarted

OP
For 10k I can diarrhea sh*t in your mouth (I'll need a 80$ deposit to buy myself some booze drugs and mexican food), then I will have precisely enough to half *** the rest of my build. I can give you a guarantee I'll have 700hp, likely at the wheels. Take it or leave it.

Just buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shippin...item3a6c69f574

Better yet, eat that 10k in pennies and tub girl yourself...

GOD FOCKIN SEARCH.

You got some problems you should really get checked out. Can you read how dumb you really look on that post?
Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Silntseker33

A lot of good info going through this thread. I guess I'll keep my goal around 600whp Instead. 400's are too common and 500 although would be nice I still would like to be the z to beat in my area. There's a lot of garbage cluttering this thread too, basically if you'd like to pm some bs to me feel free or if in general you don't like my question and would like to make an *** of yourself, click that button at the top left of you're screen known as the back button. greatly appreciated guys. My block will be ready in February sometime then I'll start pricing turbo kits, fuel system will probably be done around the same time and we have a great tuner in hickory nc that can tune just about anything you throw at him and do it reliably. Found the clutch kit for a reasonable price so that and a full d2 suspension will be done in January, hoping to finish it sooner than next December but we will see
Old 12-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Silntseker33
You got some problems you should really get checked out. Can you read how dumb you really look on that post?
YO DOG. Read your first post.
Do you realize how dumb you look when you could have found ALL the answers on here by re-searching the topic?

If you don't want to figure out everything you need to do for 700hp, you better have damn deep pockets.
I thought I could do my build for under 10k, that was about 17k ago. I still got another 10k to go.

Search you little fawker.

I could lay out a plan for you, but this car is not that simple for FI. It really is a kind of survival of the fittest. If you can't take a few disses on a god damn forum, then you definitely won't figure out how to do a 600whp build for 10k.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:06 AM
konrad

i dont know where you rodered your SS lines from, but here is a good website with fairly cheap SS lines and fittings.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/p...l_Braided_Hose
Originally Posted by jerryd87
you must be using hardlines then, my self made fuel system is expensive as hell,
80 bucks walbro
300 bucks for both bosch 044's
250 for custom made swirl pot by sasha
70 fuel return correction kit
60 for 6 an adapter on fuel sending unit
500 for all stainless lines plus fittings
200 for used fuel rails
450 for used 1000cc fuel injectors, or mayby they where 1200 i have to look
120 for aeromotive fpr

as you can see a properly done custom fuel system isnt cheap and thats me putting it on the car myself and making the lines myself. 2k to ensure that when i track the car i dont loose any fuel pressure in the turns. you can do it differently but imho anyone who intends to track the car should have a swirl pot setup or you run the risk of starving the engine.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:08 AM
konrad

BTW this is my set up

CJM fuel return correction kit with -an6 fitting
walbro
-an8 feedline to a Y block
2 -an6 from Y to rails
Meagan Rails
2 -an6 from rails to Fuel lab FPR
-an6 return

all SS lines