Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

350Z - Prochager - E-Manage

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003 | 04:10 PM
swinke

Default 350Z - Prochager - E-Manage

Well, the E-Manage is in the car. No thanks to those cretins at Greddy. The guys from Canada know there ‘ish! The tach gizmo they built worked great and the wiring diagram was on the money. No errors from the E-Manage, it fired up and ran the first time. I set up a boost retard timing map that’s probably costing me ponies for the time being. Gotta start somewhere. Still need to adjust the DFMU until I get the larger injectors installed but I can now run to the floor threw redline without pre-ignition! The possibilities seem fairly open at this point. I have adjustability of almost everything I will need.

I sure wish someone with some tech-savvy and credibility would find out what the stock lower end can handle so the rest of us could benefit from their research (and, of course, not have to pay for the blown motor on our dime).

Merry Christmas to me!
..and my Z.
Old 12-25-2003 | 09:02 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

good job.......i'm glad somebody was able to give us yet another option to fix this thing.......can you say what the total cost was for everything?
Old 12-26-2003 | 12:44 AM
swinke

Lightbulb

I got the "non-vehicle specific" E-Manage w/ ignition harness kit, injector harness kit, E-Manage specific MAP sensor and harness, and the data kit software/cable from Graham at CyberAuto.com in FL. I think it was about $650 shipped. I then had to give the guys at ultimate-racing.com in Canada $100 plus ship for the tach harness and wiring diagram that those $hitbags at Greddy refused to help me with even though I bought their product. To the best of my knowledge Greddy still does not have a solution for the 350Z in-house (in the US) but the guys from Canada had already figured it out. Whats that say about Greddy-USA? Lazy, paycheck collecting, sitting on there asses, bunch of freeloaders! Sucking on the Trust-Japan corporate nipple! If anyone from Greddy happens to catch this post, YEAH YOU, you can lick the dingle berries from my butt crack! I will never buy another product from Greddy if it can be avoided! By the way Greddy folks, your Japanese corporate people sure build a fantastic product. Maybe someone from the home office will come to the US someday and teach you lackeys how to support your product and actually help and support your customers in the US. Your phone answering peon could really learn some manners also. I could fill pages with customer relations rhetoric but I think it would get a little of subject....oops, too late.

Yet another chance to bash Greddy used to its full extent. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 12-26-2003 | 05:23 AM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by swinke
If anyone from Greddy happens to catch this post, YEAH YOU, you can lick the dingle berries from my butt crack!
Merry Christmas
Old 12-26-2003 | 07:57 AM
Ultimate Racing

Glad to hear it worked out for you! Keep us posted on your progress!

If anyone else is in need of an RPM signal, shoot me a PM or email. We've got what you're looking for.

Happy Holidays!

Darryl
Old 12-26-2003 | 07:27 PM
swinke

Originally posted by The Individual
Merry Christmas
So you liked the dingle berry reference?
I do try to be original, most days.
Old 01-01-2004 | 07:28 AM
Zmeflyby

i just dont understand why greddy didnt help you, and you bought their product?

thats really unreasonable.
Old 01-01-2004 | 02:41 PM
swinke

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
i just dont understand why greddy didnt help you, and you bought their product?

thats really unreasonable.
I bought the product with the general knowledge that Greddy was using the same E-Manage kit on their 350Z turbo kit. I bought the kit from an authorized vendor of Greddy's. My vendor, and all the other vendors I called, had no idea that the E-Manage would not work on a 350Z out of the box as delivered. Don’t you think Greddy should have told their vendors about this a full year after the 350Z had been released and after the parent company, Trust, had been working on a turbo kit using the E-Manage for the same car for quite some time in Japan? When I received the kit I was shocked to find that the instructions included with it were poorly written and not very specific about what the jumpers on the mother board actually did and what the proper settings were for the rotary switches for my car. The newest vehicle listed in the instructions was a "99". The version of firmware in my E-Manage is the newest version so its not a matter of old stock. They just have not updated the manual in two or three years. This, in my opinion, is **** poor. They do not include instruction for any car newer than 99 in the manual. The manual is a bad photo copy - 15th generation copy of a copy. They do not tell you specifically what the switches do. They only tell you how to set the switches for a few select vehicles 99 and older. My vendor called Greddy. I called Greddy, as per the manuals instructions to call for tech support. They could not help me, they could not help my vendor. They claimed not to know anything about the config for a 350Z. This is the same week they shipped the first 350Z turbo kits to US vendors. The story is that those kits come from Japan pre-configured. That tells me that the people at Greddy US don’t know 'ish! What does that say to you? The guys from Canada ( ultimate-racing.com thanks again!) had already figured this out and fixed the tach problem that the E-Manage had and figured out the switch and jumper settings for the 350Z. I had to spend another c-note plus for their support because Greddy US did not have the technical where-with-all to support their own product. I have spoken to more than a few people since and they have told me that my situation with Greddy US is very common and that they have had the same experience in the past. I have heard this from forum members and vendors that still do business with Greddy because the product, which comes from Japan, is great product. I do not disagree with this. Once again, the Greddy US branch of the Trust Japan company needs to get it together and learn to support their product and treat their customers like their jobs depend on it, BECAUSE THEIR JOBS DO! I am pretty sure if Trust Japan knew about the goings-on in California at the US HQ’s they would be very disappointed, to say the least. Did I mention that I was treated very rudely every time I called? Call Greddy and ask them how to hook up an E-Manage to a 350Z and then ask them why this info is not available on the Greddy website or in the manual and see how they treat you. The only response I could get after I made this suggestion was, “fank you fo you insul” from the the guy who answers the phone most of the time. The phone person, after that call, would not transfer me to tech support and would always tell me that tech was at lunch no matter what time of day I called. This went on for a week. I finally had a friend of mine call from a Tulsa area code, just in case he had marked me on the CID, and got threw to the tech who had no answer for me other than “were working on it, probably be January some time before we have a solution”. A solution to a problem that the 350Z turbo kit , being delivered that week to US vendors, had already solved? What kind of crap is that? Greddy US does not have competent tech support on staff, obviously. What other conclusion is there?

Does this clearly explain my angst and how I got a product from Greddy and wished I hadn’t? Not unreasonable at all, how would anyone know about this unless they had it happen to them?

Walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you accuse them of being unreasonable. Or at least get all the the facts first.

Any more questions?
Old 01-01-2004 | 02:43 PM
swinke

Does this clearly explain my angst and how I got a product from Greddy and wished I hadn’t? Not unreasonable at all, how would anyone know about this unless they had it happen to them?

Walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you accuse them of being unreasonable. Or at least get all the the facts first.

Any more questions? [/B][/QUOTE]

I just caught my mistake, sorry about that FlyBy! (oops)
Old 01-03-2004 | 03:17 PM
AgentOrange

ok so question....you have the emanange and you retarded the timing by what means....did you plug a laptop into it? how much boost are you trying to run....i heard 10psi would be pushing the motor....i have the greddy kit and i want to go higher than 5.6psi but i dont know how i should remap the emanage. If the ati is giving out 9psi then i could run 9psi on the greddy i just have to remap the sensor...is this correct? HELP!!!!!
Old 01-03-2004 | 05:11 PM
swinke

Originally posted by AgentOrange
ok so question....you have the emanange and you retarded the timing by what means....did you plug a laptop into it? how much boost are you trying to run....i heard 10psi would be pushing the motor....i have the greddy kit and i want to go higher than 5.6psi but i dont know how i should remap the emanage. If the ati is giving out 9psi then i could run 9psi on the greddy i just have to remap the sensor...is this correct? HELP!!!!!
Yes, I bought the laptop connection kit. Here is the MAP I am using for the TIMING.
Attached Thumbnails 350Z - Prochager - E-Manage-ignmap.jpg  
Old 01-03-2004 | 05:17 PM
AgentOrange

how much boost are you running in your z?
and could this map do 10psi?
Old 01-03-2004 | 05:18 PM
swinke

It is my understanding that Greddy has entered a password on the Turbo Kit E-Manage units and they will not let you in with a PC to change anything. You can blank the whole E-Manage unit out and start over but I dont have the injector maps for your setup. If you have a WB-o2 installed you could easily remap the E-Manage yourself, however your blind w/o the WB-o2. Do ya have a WB-o2?
Old 01-03-2004 | 05:21 PM
swinke

how much boost are you running in your z?
and could this map do 10psi?
I think I am at 7.5psi but the Greddy MAP says I am in the 8+ range. Have not figured this out yet. No, I cannot run i nthe 10psi range without going to larger injectors and a probably a new fuel pump. I believe your kit came with lgr injectors? What size are they?
Old 01-03-2004 | 05:28 PM
AgentOrange

440cc injectors....so with the larger injectors the 8+ range would mean that i could run 10psi of boost with the car? So i could enter this map in and still run 5.6psi for low boost correct?

now this map that you did.....is it working great for you....do you feel this is the best map?

i dont know if i want to remap it myself beucase i dont want to do it wrong and blow my motor but will greddy release the password to the already programmed maps?
if they did would they already have a preprogrammed map for 8+ psi?

your awsome for giving me the map man i owe you big.....
Old 01-03-2004 | 05:52 PM
swinke

440cc injectors....so with the larger injectors the 8+ range would mean that i could run 10psi of boost with the car? So i could enter this map in and still run 5.6psi for low boost correct?

now this map that you did.....is it working great for you....do you feel this is the best map?

i dont know if i want to remap it myself beucase i dont want to do it wrong and blow my motor but will greddy release the password to the already programmed maps?
if they did would they already have a preprogrammed map for 8+ psi?

your awsome for giving me the map man i owe you big.....
The E-Manage only has one set of maps in it at a time. The only maps in yours are for the config you have now. You need WB-o2 and a dyno to do this right. I do not believe, even with the larger injectors, you will have enough fuel from the factory pump to hit the 7-8psi range....much less the 10psi range. The only way to know is WB-o2 or a loud BANG!
Old 01-03-2004 | 06:04 PM
AgentOrange

where can i get an aftermarket fuel pump? I know the vortech kit comes with one but can i get one from them as well?
Old 01-04-2004 | 03:16 AM
swinke

where can i get an aftermarket fuel pump? I know the vortech kit comes with one but can i get one from them as well?
One of the guys here is using the SARD 280L pump. He chose this pump after doing some research. Probably a good choice. 12secZ is going to 9psi by Monday. He has the injectors and the pump. He is not using the E-Manage. He gets his ECU reflashed after mods instead.
Old 01-04-2004 | 05:46 PM
Exhaust Depot

What issues are you having to get a tach signal? ON the srt I had to use an MSD 8913 to generate a tach signal.

If the z tries to play ruff, then I will have to take the dust off my old electronic books and make my own driver. HOpe not, have no time for jack!
Old 01-04-2004 | 09:24 PM
igor@af

So you guys are planning on doing 10 psi with stock internals?
I saw a few (bent) rods from our engine and they just look puny.

Quick Reply: 350Z - Prochager - E-Manage