Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

supercharger vs turbos

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012 | 05:13 PM
Johnking

see thts the help i was talking about why couldnt you have just said the godspeed sucks and then said get the greddy or a supercharger or something instead of criticizing me for asking the question im just curious i dont want to drop 5-6 k and not get the opinions and experiences of my felllow z owners
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:15 PM
BoomerZ33

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
I know right?

Save this thread Boomer, let's see those new wheels!
they're getting powdercoated bro
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:17 PM
Johnking

what rims you get recently got g35 rays powdercoated
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:17 PM
shakuya88

Originally Posted by Johnking
sorry dont got 10k to drop on a greddy bro
If you don't have the money then F/I on a Z is not a good path for you. I say this not as a so called douche, but as someone who had a reality check about going F/I.....You have to pick 2 out of three, Fast, Reliable, and Cheap

If it's fast and cheap, it won't be reliable (The godspeed kit)
If it's Cheap and reliable, it won't be fast (buy a shift **** route)
If it's fast and reliable, it won't be cheap (buying a real F/I kit and having it done right...also hopefully adding in a built motor)

Just some friendly advice to think about.
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:20 PM
Ruthless18x

see thts the help i was talking about why couldnt you have just said the godspeed sucks and then said get the greddy or a supercharger or something instead of criticizing me for asking the question im just curious i dont want to drop 5-6 k and not get the opinions and experiences of my felllow z owners
Because you'll argue with the truth. Read the FI stickies and you'll realize that FI is out of reach in that price range. My opinion, along most others, will be to do tasteful mods in your budget.

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
they're getting powdercoated bro
Excuses...sigh...
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:20 PM
shakuya88

Also a great read

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...for-noobs.html

A good/funny watch (this is sadly the impression most of us probably got from you right away)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6bAZmEEIb0
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:23 PM
Johnking

Originally Posted by shakuya88
If you don't have the money then F/I on a Z is not a good path for you. I say this not as a so called douche, but as someone who had a reality check about going F/I.....You have to pick 2 out of three, Fast, Reliable, and Cheap

If it's fast and cheap, it won't be reliable (The godspeed kit)
If it's Cheap and reliable, it won't be fast (buy a shift **** route)
If it's fast and reliable, it won't be cheap (buying a real F/I kit and having it done right...also hopefully adding in a built motor)

Just some friendly advice to think about.
thank you for actually helping thats what i was going... i eventually was going to do this and make it a track or show car when i get out of college i just wanted to know if those kits where even worth looking at or if i should just wait and spend more money after schol not get criticized for asking the question
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:27 PM
Johnking

Originally Posted by shakuya88
Also a great read

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...for-noobs.html

A good/funny watch (this is sadly the impression most of us probably got from you right away)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6bAZmEEIb0
lol ok ok see where you guys are coming after watching this guess im waiting till i get out of college first before i do this
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:28 PM
Flar13
Schnitzengiggle
Premier Member

how exactly im i going to blow a daily driver... its not a track car.. im not going it be hitting the rev limiter all day

I can see him in the garage now wrapping his lips around the exhaust..... Is this how you blow a motor?

Old 01-24-2012 | 05:28 PM
ocdz

thank you for actually helping thats what i was going... i eventually was going to do this and make it a track or show car when i get out of college i just wanted to know if those kits where even worth looking at or if i should just wait and spend more money after schol not get criticized for asking the question
It's because that same question gets asked here twice daily by someone with 3 posts. They don't read the stickies that say read this first. Then they go internet rambo and start calling people douches and ***s.

Bide your time, save your money until you're out of school and do it right once, focus on tasteful mods you can afford and won't regret.
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:31 PM
BoomerZ33

you've been on the forum over 3 months. surely you've stumbled upon the FI section. as Ruthless said just read all the threads there especially the sticky threads so you know what you're getting yourself into. finish school, save a lot money, and pay off the car if not paid off yet. (my advice) good luck
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:33 PM
JCITY
Banned

Oh no!
Not the supercharger vs turbo question again!!!!
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:37 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Admin - - is there any way to make it mandatory that they read the Top 100, or whatever it is called, prior to being able to post?
Originally Posted by -Trav-
I like this...incorporate the 100 questions into the terms of use, and when they check that "i agree" box they understand the banhammer shall swing down upon them if they ask such questions.

Hit up the suggestions thread

OP you may have inadvertently helped improve this forum.
Over the years we've discussed many ideas and tried various things but nothing is foolproof. Some people just can't be saved. BTW, all new members get a copy of this in a PM: CLICK

Like I always say - Not all suicides are preventable. Nor should they be.
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:37 PM
Johnking

[QUOTE=slow03z;9576100]It's because that same question gets asked here twice daily by someone with 3 posts. They don't read the stickies that say read this first. Then they go internet rambo and start calling people douches and ***s.

Bide your time, save your money until you're out of school and do it right once, focus on tasteful mods you can afford and won't regret

my bad for the rambo but was expecting help not criticism but i agreed with them the turbo kit is shitty and would blow my motor but there is nothing on those turbo kits thts why i ask you guys i looked for the turbos info nd didnt find any tht helped
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:40 PM
pss350z

Read some fd threads. 3.9 or 4.08.
Old 01-24-2012 | 05:58 PM
J 0 K 3 R

what would be a better choice for a daily drive z? supercharger or turbo looking at the stillen supercharger kit vs a godspeed ora gsp single turbo kit
how exactly im i going to blow a daily driver... its not a track car.. im not going it be hitting the rev limiter all day

original post needs to read> "I have 10k at my disposal, I have huge sticky tires, and expensive coils, I love to ______ at the track, what would be a better setup for me?"

how about hitting that rev limiter once in a while? I know you dont need a turbo.

and why do you think you deserve to have a turbo on your car? Your a honda fan huh. go trade for an si you would be happier. lots of them have useless 2k turbo setups. car will go wooosh!

edit. BTW turbos are for going fast, not looking cool to your friends with red sideways hats.
good to see you watched the vid below.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 01-24-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2012 | 06:11 PM
Teha99

I found this page to be pretty helpful for a basic understanding of what each does...

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/350z-performance.html

But yea, I see why everyone was a bit annoyed at first, you should have read up on the stuff.

Anyway, we all get the itch to do everything to our cars when we first get them but I think you should do what I did and take their advice and hold off until you have enough money to do it right
Old 01-24-2012 | 06:20 PM
Trigo_

Old 01-24-2012 | 06:24 PM
tylerxfire

lulz at this..
Old 01-24-2012 | 06:45 PM
Arvin89

FIRSTLY!

You guys need to stop being such ******, but i guess since you have nothing better to say, you might as well say something stupid to get your post count up right?

Makes sense.

Second.

NEW GUY!!

Even if they told you which one to use, you still dont know anything relevant about FI on the car. THEREFORE you need to go do some god damn research. You will not be spoon fed what to do or what to look for. If you have a valid specific question that you cannot find the answer for AFTER spending a decent amount of time researching. Then by all means throw up a thread asking a specific question.

Good Day.

Quick Reply: supercharger vs turbos