Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

* Greddy Turbo Sale *

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ace32x
its $900 to buy them from gtm so not that much more + what ever extra you would need to spend to have the adapter added wold probably end up pretty close
What adapter?
Old 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
I know right, but what is that "aero model" business? I wonder if it sticks out past an OEM bumper...which would make it perfect for a Nismo I suppose.
Personally, I like that idea of it sticking out a little further. I hate the yellowish tinge from exhaust fumes that build up on my white bumper.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 PM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
What adapter?
the greddy turbos will bolt up to a t25 manifold?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ace32x
the greddy turbos will bolt up to a t25 manifold?
Why not just get the proper flanges cut, and then be set. Just saying...because that is how I would go about building a set. They would be just like the original, just built out of stainless.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:15 PM
08NismoZ

No the GTM manifolds have a rectangle mounting surface for the Garrett turbos, and Greddy manifolds have a triangular mounting surface for the Mitsubishi turbos. I was thinking of seeing if someone could just take a piece of aluminum and machine out the rectangle on one side and a triangle on the other side. I asked Greddy about using the manifolds that are used for the DE motors. They said that the turbos would hit the bell housing on the transmission so they would need to be modified also. I don't think modifying a cast manifold would be easy or even doable. Anyone ever modify one before?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
08NismoZ

Why not just get the proper flanges cut, and then be set. Just saying...because that is how I would go about building a set. They would be just like the original, just built out of stainless.
Would you be interested or have the time to tackle this project?

I would need an invoice so I can go to FedEx with it. I'm not sure if they would just give me the money or send it to the shop to pay for the product. I'm also trying to to get an invoice for just buying a whole new Greddy TT kit and tell FedEx that is the other option to obtain the missing pieces.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 08NismoZ
Would you be interested or have the time to tackle this project?

I would need an invoice so I can go to FedEx with it. I'm not sure if they would just give me the money or send it to the shop to pay for the product. I'm also trying to to get an invoice for just buying a whole new Greddy TT kit and tell FedEx that is the other option to obtain the missing pieces.
I would like to do it, but time at the moment is a bit tight. Also, I am not sure where to get the engine side flange, as I have not seen anybody selling those.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
bestfromnw

thanks for the link, smoking deals
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

realistically, no one is going to build you a set of turbo manifolds for greddy turbos without having the car right there to build off of. just too much to line up with existing parts.

sucks bc you cant even really sell that kit and get something readily available.

Unless they become available, i think best/only option would be get an invoice from greddy for the manifolds, collect the money, and drop you car off at a shop and get them built on your car.

Do you have a point of contact over there? I need someone to give me an invoice so I can then send it to FedEx. I need to find someone willing to work with me because I'm sure this won't be easy
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
realistically, no one is going to build you a set of turbo manifolds for greddy turbos without having the car right there to build off of. just too much to line up with existing parts.

sucks bc you cant even really sell that kit and get something readily available.

Unless they become available, i think best/only option would be get an invoice from greddy for the manifolds, collect the money, and drop you car off at a shop and get them built on your car.
I disagree. All one would need is a set of Greeddy manifolds. From there, you build a jig with the same space restriction. Then, proceed to duplicating it with whatever material you choose to build it with.

If you had to build a one from scratch, then yes you need the car.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
str8dum1

people dont have greddy manifolds laying around though.... unless a local fabricator had a set from a kit they were going to sell..

On top of that, if you were getting custom high mount tubular manifolds made (which Fed-ex would not cover anyhow), no way would you keep that stupid mitsu 3 bolt or even those turbos.

Last edited by str8dum1; 01-26-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM
konrad

Hey try the 300zx manifilds, the exhaust ports line up perfectly, the holes for studs need to be drilled out a little. Where you located? I have a set of 300zx manifolds I can give them to you. They are t25 flanges tho. But its a start. You can see if they will clear. And making an adapter flange won't be that hard , just take a 1/2" steel and drill some holes.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
people dont have greddy manifolds laying around though.... unless a local fabricator had a set from a kit they were going to sell..

On top of that, if you were getting custom high mount tubular manifolds made (which Fed-ex would not cover anyhow), no way would you keep that stupid mitsu 3 bolt or even those turbos.
I understand that, so it would have to be an old set that is cracked. FedEx will pay him whatever quote he gets, if he can get one. Then, he can get a new set built if OEM (Greeddy) availability is an issue.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 AM
str8dum1

If fedex is just gonna pay on an invoice, find a local fabricator and get a quote for custom high mount "greddy" tubular manifolds. problem solved.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:26 PM
08NismoZ

You guys are putting out some pretty good ideas. I'm not familiar with a high mount turbo though what's the difference?

Konrad I'm in Indianapolis. If you wouldn't mind letting me use the 300ZX turbo manifolds then I could see how the fitments is and possibly get someone to fab up a set of manifolds based off of those. I would pay the shipping and then ship them back to you when I'm done.

I remember Greddy saying they had an extra passenger side manifold laying around so I could buy that one off of them and just build the driver side. The only bad part about the driver side is clearing the steering shaft.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to do it, but time at the moment is a bit tight. Also, I am not sure where to get the engine side flange, as I have not seen anybody selling those.
The engine side flange is the same from de to hr no? i know the oem manifolds interchange with no issue. It is the cat side flange that is different.

There are a couple different places that sell engine side manifolds:
kook's headers
weir engineering
off the top of my head
Old 01-27-2012, 06:38 PM
konrad

You guys are putting out some pretty good ideas. I'm not familiar with a high mount turbo though what's the difference?

Konrad I'm in Indianapolis. If you wouldn't mind letting me use the 300ZX turbo manifolds then I could see how the fitments is and possibly get someone to fab up a set of manifolds based off of those. I would pay the shipping and then ship them back to you when I'm done.

I remember Greddy saying they had an extra passenger side manifold laying around so I could buy that one off of them and just build the driver side. The only bad part about the driver side is clearing the steering shaft.
you can have the manifolds, just pay for shipping, the flanges are the same , just the header studs are a little off, but you will have to enlarge the holes to make it fit on to the VQ head
Old 01-28-2012, 10:47 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to a fabricator friend of mine last night about it. Hes stopping by to pick up a set of Greddy manifolds I have to see about making some thickwall stainless replacements. We will see if he decides to tackle it or not. Its not anything that we have the time to do in-house here. Hopefully he elects to do it, I think there is a small market for it that he could make some good side money on.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 AM
usingthejohn

Originally Posted by superchargedg
What about contacting SFR.
I called SFR; to replicate the Greddy manifolds in stainless steel would be $1400-1500, including mocking up a jig. I am really tempted to go that route. After dropping $4k for a kit that was nowhere near the condition sold to me, I might as well address the manifold issue.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 PM
usingthejohn

PM sent

Originally Posted by phunk
I talked to a fabricator friend of mine last night about it. Hes stopping by to pick up a set of Greddy manifolds I have to see about making some thickwall stainless replacements. We will see if he decides to tackle it or not. Its not anything that we have the time to do in-house here. Hopefully he elects to do it, I think there is a small market for it that he could make some good side money on.

Quick Reply: * Greddy Turbo Sale *