Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Success Stories

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 12:13 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Success Stories

It's obvious that a lot of people going towards the FI route are encountering a lot of problems, but who isn't? People with successful FI installations and tuning should tell their story too and list the shop that made it work for them. I'm sure this would help persuade a lot more people into trying a sc or tt for their car and getting the install to go smoother as more cars make the upgrades.
I wish i could contribute but besides not having the money to spend now I'm one of those people who doesn't want to chance my motor being blown due to a crappy install or improper tuning.

Rajiv
Old 01-08-2004, 01:12 PM
etx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahah! No replies! Bump for you.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:38 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got 1 reply via PM, but it was requested to be left anon.

Hey, I saw your thread about FI success stories and I think its a good idea. I don't post anymore, but mine is one that would be on the list. There are a lot of ATI cars that aren't having any problems, but there are a very vocal few that have had problems.

I ran the complete ATI kit for a long time, with a Borla exhaust, and didn't have any problems. Altered Atmosphere did the initial tuning on it, which consisted of simply tuning the fuel with the dfmu. As I asked them to do, it was tuned to safe a/f ratios rather than shooting for absolute max power. This is where a lot of people are going wrong. I have always had plenty of fuel and even with no timing adjustments I had no detonation.

Now that I have my wideband o2 sensor, I do all my own tuning. I also have added timing control in the form of a J&S Safeguard. I have tuned that to pull some timing when under boost. With a tune that is safe, I can pull all the way to the raised rev limiter of 7100 rpm without any concerns.