Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Power Enterprise Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:45 AM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Enterprise Turbo Kit

Does anyone know what engine and fuel management this kit uses??
Old 01-05-2004, 11:12 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Technosquare ECM reflash with bigger PE injectors
Old 01-06-2004, 09:38 AM
g356gear

What is the status of this kit.......I haven't heard much since summer?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:43 AM
spazpilot

I think its available, but for 7800 and the 600 for the ecu flash don't think too many people are going to buy it
Old 01-06-2004, 01:46 PM
ravaz

So you have to get the ecu flashed in order to use this kit? Are retailers telling consumers this? Is this required by PE to do the flash? If you have to get your ecu flashed, that's gayed up. That's not exactly an out of the box kit then if you ask me.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

'out of the box' the stock PE kit already utilizes the PE injectors and new fuel pump..for stock boost levels ~0.3bar. you dont need the ECU reflash.. or so says the PE engineers...

if you want to bump the boost levels to 0.5bar then you need their optional boost controller and a reflash to retard the timing and optimize the air/fuel flows and then you can safely take it up past that.

the process is while the car is being installed for the turbo, the ecu is sent out and returned in time for the car to start....

imho, a stand alone reprogramming of the ECU is better to rely on than any piggy back system.. piggy backs are known to fail or have problems with existing systems... you dont have to worry about wiring anything up wrong or if the box fails ..etc.. that's my opinion.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:30 PM
spazpilot

Cheston:

Did you finally get your turbo installed and going?
Old 01-06-2004, 03:45 PM
ravaz

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chebosto
'out of the box' the stock PE kit already utilizes the PE injectors and new fuel pump..for stock boost levels ~0.3bar. you dont need the ECU reflash.. or so says the PE engineers... /QUOTE]

So then technically, you don't need an ECU flash to run 380cc injectors then?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

spaz-

ha.. no! crazy huh? here is the reasoning: PE japan has to fulfill its current demand for the japanese domestic market first before they will supply the US demand. Currently the ratio of kits will be 10 for japan, 1 for US... so they said they would send one to me when there is one available in the US but after the pre-orders have been fulfilled.. which they could drag on until march or whatever.. i told them some choice words and technosquare has been battling the president of PE japan since november,ever since they came tothe agreement of giving me the kit for free, but i'm looking at probably feb install. SOB dude. i hate dealing with ******* companies... pity this had to happen this way.. but allows me more time to get my car to other shops for other projects.....

Bill-- technically that PE kit should be good to go out the box.. you'd be runnning on the rich side... but that we all know is safer than runnin too lean...
Old 01-07-2004, 02:50 PM
spazpilot

Ches:

Man I am really sorry to here this considering all you have done I am simply out of words on what to say. I hope everything will work out for you in the long run!!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:41 AM
RBMotoring

Originally posted by Chebosto
spaz-

ha.. no! crazy huh? here is the reasoning: PE japan has to fulfill its current demand for the japanese domestic market first before they will supply the US demand. Currently the ratio of kits will be 10 for japan, 1 for US... so they said they would send one to me when there is one available in the US but after the pre-orders have been fulfilled.. which they could drag on until march or whatever.. i told them some choice words and technosquare has been battling the president of PE japan since november,ever since they came tothe agreement of giving me the kit for free, but i'm looking at probably feb install. SOB dude. i hate dealing with ******* companies... pity this had to happen this way.. but allows me more time to get my car to other shops for other projects.....

Bill-- technically that PE kit should be good to go out the box.. you'd be runnning on the rich side... but that we all know is safer than runnin too lean...
Wow, that sounds pretty complicated. Where exactly did you get that "explaination"? I do not believe you have been told the truth. In my opinion, PE is by no means capable of such production levels.

We have complained to them about this in the past when they had their MR-S turbo kit (the only full turbo kit they had in the past) and could not produce the kits fast enough to fulfill a small 3 item order within a timely manner. It took 2 -- almost 3 months for them to make that kit, and then it took them more time to figure out how to send the kit to us (by air, or by ocean).
Need more examples? xB supercharger kit....backordered. Even turbo upgrades for WRX, Silvia, etc. None of that stuff is ever "in stock", and hence prevents us, from stocking their products either. At one point in time, they would not even entertain our orders of turbo kits unless they were "paid in full" in "advance". That right there was a clear indication that PE Japan lacked the financial resources to fabricate the kit on their own.

PE Japan's solution was to "establish" PE, "USA" -- where then the product stock issue would be solved. Well, currently, the stock issue still hasn't been solved, and although promised to be resolved soon, we are out of stock on several products, including timing belts and injectors. Another problem has arised since then that many of you may be unaware of, and that was an adjustment to comply to their current "prices". It's good that the prices have dropped (a $50 reduction on their Hybrid gauges, and a few dollars less here and there on the rest of the product line). However, when they did this, we had SEVERAL items in stock that were purchased at the old price (higher than now). $50 here and there isn't the issue, however, when they did that, we had over 40 of those Hybrid gauges in stock, and we haven't even counted how many timing belts and accessory belts we had in stock as well. That's a couple thousand dollars there already. We have been requesting an adjustment since November 2003 and they have yet to find a solution. As a good distributor, we immediately honored their new prices -- so I suppose we would just have to "eat" the losses because they thought it would be cute.

So anyways, back to the point. I find it entertaining when initially they were explaining to you that PE just wasn't a big enough company to afford to "sponsor" key individuals that have truly helped them develop products that will benefit them in the end. If that's the case, I want to know exactly how much "PE, USA" costs to operate. Maybe they can have more financial resources if they took advantage of what we had to offer in the very beginning. I highly doubt that you will get a turbo kit since nobody in Power's USA has any recollection anymore of who you are. Maybe after this post, they will.

On a side note, the last time I posted here about something about this, "Power's USA" printed it out, and said that they would have to bring my post to the attention of Power's Japan. Haha....maybe it's because I told too much truth for their comfort. But hey, I say let the truth prevail, and honesty is STILL the best policy.

Last edited by RBMotoring; 01-08-2004 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:52 AM
RBMotoring

Originally posted by ravaz
So you have to get the ecu flashed in order to use this kit? Are retailers telling consumers this? Is this required by PE to do the flash? If you have to get your ecu flashed, that's gayed up. That's not exactly an out of the box kit then if you ask me.
As a "Power Enterprise US Stocking Distributor", I tell our customers this information (reflash with Technosquare) with confidence that they will relate the information to their customers. It's an "out of the box" kit if you're down to boost 4 something pounds. Stop and think about it....F-O-U-R pounds of boost -- twin turbo kit -- full front mount intercooler kit -- larger injectors -- fuel pump -- $8480 MSRP -- F-O-U-R pounds of boost.

I don't know if I'm just a straight up hater or what.... =) haha, but 4 something lbs. of boost for around $8000 installed is what sounds gayed up. I mean think about it? How much is a 350Z? How much is this turbo kit? With all said and done, how much do you have in the car now? $40K - $45K? Come on down and see us guys...I'll get you in a US legalized R33 GT-R for that figure, or set you up with a US legalized R32 GT-R for the weekends and a new Scion xB for your commuter/grocery getting purposes. Someone please argue with me that a Z33 is a better car than any Skyline GT-R. The only way I can't argue is if someone says that they like how the Z33 looks. haha... =)

Last edited by RBMotoring; 01-08-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean, my dream was to one day own an R33 GT-R, UNTIL, I saw that Best Motoring video where they were speculating what the next GT-R would be like. Did you see that one? They raced stock R32, 33, 34, EVO, and STi. The R34 won by a hair against the EVO and STi, R33 finished far later and R32 even after that. The competition catches up, and older ones (even GT-Rs) are surpassed.

Mind you, they were all stock, and you could argue about GT-R's seemingly unlimited tunability. But then, so goes your argument about getting a GT-R over a 350Z.

Now, in the following segment in that video, they tested a NA-tuned, lightweight Z33 (I think it was tuned by Amuse), because the next GT-R would be on the same FM platform. The tester (race driver, I believe), LOVED that car, and said he wished that the NEXT GT-R WOULD BE THAT GOOD. He also said that THE NEXT GT-R WOULDN'T NEED AWD, if it's already that good, that AWD would even be a hindrance! I came away thinking, well then, we don't even need a next GT-R, do we?, if the Z33 was already that good.

I don't know, that video just changed my mind about the GT-R, at least the current ones, and now am proud to own a Z33. Maybe if I stop by your rbmotoring one day, my mind would be changed back? I do believe I've spoken to you once at Motorex, Sean.
peace,
Old 01-08-2004, 12:37 PM
RBMotoring

Originally posted by Zakira
Sean, my dream was to one day own an R33 GT-R, UNTIL, I saw that Best Motoring video where they were speculating what the next GT-R would be like. Did you see that one? They raced stock R32, 33, 34, EVO, and STi. The R34 won by a hair against the EVO and STi, R33 finished far later and R32 even after that. The competition catches up, and older ones (even GT-Rs) are surpassed.

Mind you, they were all stock, and you could argue about GT-R's seemingly unlimited tunability. But then, so goes your argument about getting a GT-R over a 350Z.

Now, in the following segment in that video, they tested a NA-tuned, lightweight Z33 (I think it was tuned by Amuse), because the next GT-R would be on the same FM platform. The tester (race driver, I believe), LOVED that car, and said he wished that the NEXT GT-R WOULD BE THAT GOOD. He also said that THE NEXT GT-R WOULDN'T NEED AWD, if it's already that good, that AWD would even be a hindrance! I came away thinking, well then, we don't even need a next GT-R, do we?, if the Z33 was already that good.

I don't know, that video just changed my mind about the GT-R, at least the current ones, and now am proud to own a Z33. Maybe if I stop by your rbmotoring one day, my mind would be changed back? I do believe I've spoken to you once at Motorex, Sean.
peace,
I am not Sean. =) I am Victor.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:52 PM
tyndago

Best Motoring video where they were speculating what the next GT-R would be like. Did you see that one? They raced stock R32, 33, 34, EVO, and STi. The R34 won by a hair against the EVO and STi, R33 finished far later and R32 even after that. The competition catches up, and older ones (even GT-Rs) are surpassed.
I haven't seen that Best Motoring video.

Don't believe everything you see in videos. I was in this High Octane Video - R33 "vs" tuned WRX . Out in the canyons.... it was a joke . On the video I had to say they were close , but in real life the WRX was no where near the R33.

Just recently we had a chance to take R33 to the track . Along with the R33 we brought R34 , and Evo VIII .

The Evo VIII was mildly modified - intake , exhaust , downpipe , exhaust . Stock boost - about 1.4 on our gage.

The R33 had exhaust , stock filter , boost controller off - about 0.65 bar of boost . Teins .

Victor and myself went out and did a few lead follow laps. The funny thing was the cars were about even down the straights.

If I were in the GT-R I would be able to pull away . If Victor was in the GT-R , I had to kill the Evo to keep up.

Remember the R33 was at less than stock boost.

R33 is so much easier to drive fast. So much more confident , so much more sure footed.

Does any car " need" all wheel drive ? Not really . Does it help in certain situations - sure. Does it hurt in others - sure.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:35 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by RBMotoring
As a "Power Enterprise US Stocking Distributor", I tell our customers this information (reflash with Technosquare) with confidence that they will relate the information to their customers. It's an "out of the box" kit if you're down to boost 4 something pounds. Stop and think about it....F-O-U-R pounds of boost -- twin turbo kit -- full front mount intercooler kit -- larger injectors -- fuel pump -- $8480 MSRP -- F-O-U-R pounds of boost.

I don't know if I'm just a straight up hater or what.... =) haha, but 4 something lbs. of boost for around $8000 installed is what sounds gayed up. I mean think about it? How much is a 350Z? How much is this turbo kit? With all said and done, how much do you have in the car now? $40K - $45K? Come on down and see us guys...I'll get you in a US legalized R33 GT-R for that figure, or set you up with a US legalized R32 GT-R for the weekends and a new Scion xB for your commuter/grocery getting purposes. Someone please argue with me that a Z33 is a better car than any Skyline GT-R. The only way I can't argue is if someone says that they like how the Z33 looks. haha... =)

Thats what turned me off of the power enterprise turbo kit 8480 + 595 for the ecu flash. I now have the greddy TT kit heading my way, I was able to get it for 3k cheaper then the power enterprise kit, including the profec e-o1. Then the way they have treated cheston after he has given up his car for what 3-5 months for R & D. Thats just wrong!!!!!!!!!! someone from PE should come listen..
Old 01-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Victor - My bad

Sean - I hope you're right. But you know, Best Motoring video is a pretty highly reputed stuff. I was just so devastated (really was) when "my baby" (R33) lost that bad, and when they stated that AWD wasn't even necessary anymore. I mean, that's my dream setup...the GT-R...everything I believed in, was crushed. But I hope you're right.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
RBMotoring

Victor - My bad

Sean - I hope you're right. But you know, Best Motoring video is a pretty highly reputed stuff. I was just so devastated (really was) when "my baby" (R33) lost that bad, and when they stated that AWD wasn't even necessary anymore. I mean, that's my dream setup...the GT-R...everything I believed in, was crushed. But I hope you're right.
You're trying to say that everything you believed in was crushed by the opinion of one guy? What about the years and years and years of GT-R heritage of it winning race after race after race? What about all of the GT-R tuners all over the world? I can't believe that the opinion of ONE guy in ONE video did that to you. It's like you can almost sue for punitive damages for what that video did to you! =) hahaha....
Old 01-08-2004, 04:11 PM
RBMotoring

Originally posted by spazpilot
Thats what turned me off of the power enterprise turbo kit 8480 + 595 for the ecu flash. I now have the greddy TT kit heading my way, I was able to get it for 3k cheaper then the power enterprise kit, including the profec e-o1. Then the way they have treated cheston after he has given up his car for what 3-5 months for R & D. Thats just wrong!!!!!!!!!! someone from PE should come listen..
Someone from "PE USA" comes and looks at this board from time to time. Afterall, they did tell me that they "were not happy" with what I said about them before on this board. This drama isn't new. The drama started back before SEMA of 2003 when key SEMA cars were being asked to pay regular price for the turbo kits, and Cheston first realized that he's not getting anything out of helping Power's at all.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:22 PM
tyndago

AWD not necessary any more . Hmmm . Lets see G35 Sedan with all wheel drive . Infiniti FX 35/45 . Seems like Nissan doesn't think its not necessary any more.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution , Subaru WRX ....

I have an old all wheel drive truck or two that get out of their own way.

Hope I am right ? Of course I am right.... ha ha

Last edited by tyndago; 01-08-2004 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise Turbo Kit