Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

2002 VQ35DE Maxima 6266 BB Turbo Dyno 404whp& 393ft-lbs 8PSI

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 PM
ranmas2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 VQ35DE Maxima 6266 BB Turbo Dyno 404whp& 393ft-lbs 8PSI

Figured I'd post this so people can see how the PTE 6266 BB turbo looks on a VQ35DE.

2002 Nissan Maxima SE 6-Speed Manual
UD Pulley, SPEC Stage II Clutch, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, Custom SFR intake manifold, 2009 Maxima TB, NWP Spacers

Custom turbo build. PTE 6266 BB turbo .82 A/R
Turbosmart Hypergate Wastegate with 7PSI spring
Turbosmart Supersonic BOV
Front Mount intercooler
Headers, 3" catback exhaust
2.5" downpipe (going with 3" in future)
Tuned by Vince at RT Tuning

Haltech 350z Platinum Pro ECU w/ Haltech Dual Wideband Controller kit

Old 07-03-2012, 04:19 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That has to be a ton of fun. I assume you have some problems putting that power to the ground?

What is tire and suspension setup?
Old 07-03-2012, 04:26 AM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by graffkid732
That has to be a ton of fun. I assume you have some problems putting that power to the ground?

What is tire and suspension setup?
Yeah its TONS of fun....I actually have no problem putting the power to the ground at all. I have Tokico blue Struts, Eibach Springs, ES Control Arm Bushings, engine mounts, subframe bushings, FSTB, rear sway bar, and 245/40 Federall 555 tires (they really stick). I can even boost in 2nd gear and hold (with a lot of foot control). Its great! I'm just wondering if I can turn it up one more psi to 9. I in an effort to get torque to hold out a little more after 5500rpm.....was told it would not be a problem. CAR IS VERY fast......

Last edited by ranmas2004; 07-03-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:09 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Great power. I'm not sure I would up the boost much in the midrange. 400tq is usually the breaking point on the DE engine. What you could do is use the haltech and just dial up a PSI or so on the back end to bring that high rpm torque back up to 400. So basically ramp up boost 1psi or so towards redline. Then no dangerous midrange torque but you keep the torque on the upper end. win win

ps, are these FWD or RWD?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure that is a blast to drive!

Binder- FWD
Old 07-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Javon, glad we could take care of you and get the wideband issue all figured out as well Always impressed how much TQ these FWD VQ's make over the RWD ones on a pretty consistent basis...
Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
konrad

I think the higher tourqe in FWD vq is because of lower drivetrain loss then RWD. But just my .02c
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
Hey Javon, glad we could take care of you and get the wideband issue all figured out as well Always impressed how much TQ these FWD VQ's make over the RWD ones on a pretty consistent basis...
Thanks you guys did an excellent job. Very impressed how you diagnosed that wideband issue and fixed it ASAP..car runs better than it did even stock. Great job!!!

Originally Posted by Hal@Dynosty
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure that is a blast to drive!
YES!!!! Super fun!

Hey Hal, I was getting a check engine like P0011 and P0022 for over advanced intake cam timing on bank 1 and 2 ever since I was tuned All motor by another shop (NOT RT TUNING). I thought it was just because they advanced the IVT so I didnt think about it too much, but Vince took IVT down a little and said it looks like everything is in spec and here comes the SES light again??? I need to get the car inspected in August....what could be wrong? Can I just reset the ECU using Osiris? and see if it relearns? Why is it giving me these codes an IVT is within factory spec?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

turn those codes off with uprev. they dont mean anything for your inspection.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 AM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by str8dum1
turn those codes off with uprev. they dont mean anything for your inspection.
Cant use Uprev with this ECU....you 350z guys have that luxury....we dont I have Uprev Cipher program that I bought....all I can do is reset the ECU so it "relearns" but dont know if that will clear the codes......or if that will screw with my tune.....
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
Hey Hal, I was getting a check engine like P0011 and P0022 for over advanced intake cam timing on bank 1 and 2 ever since I was tuned All motor by another shop (NOT RT TUNING). I thought it was just because they advanced the IVT so I didnt think about it too much, but Vince took IVT down a little and said it looks like everything is in spec and here comes the SES light again??? I need to get the car inspected in August....what could be wrong? Can I just reset the ECU using Osiris? and see if it relearns? Why is it giving me these codes an IVT is within factory spec?
You can't just "take ivt down a little" to get it in factory spec. The code is from the stock computer comparing the requested cam timing to actual cam timing - so as long as Haltech is commanding anything other than stock (or very close to stock) it will throw those codes.
Assuming you can not flash those two codes out of your ecu, then you have two options to fix:
1. Spend time on a steadystate dyno mapping the Haltech intake cam timing map to match stock cam timing request (viewed in Cipher)
2. Rewire your patch harness to give cam timing control back to stock computer.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 AM
str8dum1

then the simplest solution is do like Hal says. add a connector between the stock ecu cam control and the haltech cam control and the engine harness. That way you can hot swap between what is controlling the cams. The stock ecu for inspection/no CEL. and haltech for every other day.

Cant use Uprev with this ECU....you 350z guys have that luxury....we dont I have Uprev Cipher program that I bought....all I can do is reset the ECU so it "relearns" but dont know if that will clear the codes......or if that will screw with my tune.....
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by str8dum1
then the simplest solution is do like Hal says. add a connector between the stock ecu cam control and the haltech cam control and the engine harness. That way you can hot swap between what is controlling the cams. The stock ecu for inspection/no CEL. and haltech for every other day.
You can't just "take ivt down a little" to get it in factory spec. The code is from the stock computer comparing the requested cam timing to actual cam timing - so as long as Haltech is commanding anything other than stock (or very close to stock) it will throw those codes.
Assuming you can not flash those two codes out of your ecu, then you have two options to fix:
1. Spend time on a steadystate dyno mapping the Haltech intake cam timing map to match stock cam timing request (viewed in Cipher)
OH boy.......looks like I got some work to do before inspection Thanks for the info.....
Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

OH boy.......looks like I got some work to do before inspection Thanks for the info.....
It's not bad, just two wires (one per bank) for cam solenoid control.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh... that makes sense. he had over advance codes and his values looked good in all of the areas except high load, it looked like they were advanced above stock control to try and make some power, so I brought them down to the normal maxima values that I am used to seeing in the UPREV mapping. Your right though with how many variations there are in nissan ECU's it would be hard to match it. Best bet is to just let the Stock ECU control it...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pass thru option for cam control (like already exists for spark, fuel, mas) would be legit.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 PM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
Ahhh... that makes sense. he had over advance codes and his values looked good in all of the areas except high load, it looked like they were advanced above stock control to try and make some power, so I brought them down to the normal maxima values that I am used to seeing in the UPREV mapping. Your right though with how many variations there are in nissan ECU's it would be hard to match it. Best bet is to just let the Stock ECU control it...
OK...if I let the stock ECU control it will I loose power?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OK...if I let the stock ECU control it will I loose power?
Your cams would be un-tuned. So yea, probably.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
ranmas2004

Originally Posted by djamps
Your cams would be un-tuned. So yea, probably.
GARBAGE...I like the switch idea better.....flip switch back to stock cams just for inspection...then switch back for everyday.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 PM
str8dum1

well since vince didnt tune you cams (or retarded them back to "stock values", you wont likely notice any difference. you will have to go back for a full retune since changine cam timing changes the VE map.

Quick Reply: 2002 VQ35DE Maxima 6266 BB Turbo Dyno 404whp& 393ft-lbs 8PSI