Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

For 500hp. Built DE or VHR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i can attest to the rain here in hawaii and ive driven through 3-4 inch deep puddles while it was still pouring and never had any issues, granted it wasnt exactly on purpose
Old 10-27-2012, 04:27 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TopgunZ
Whoa...How did you collect that out of what i said?
Didn't you say you would have to pay for more salon days?

about the water. Mine is even lower than the oem design due to my stage 3 fuel system. Mine is literally right at the level of the cross member and my car is lowered. My parents house in indiana is back on a dirt road on a farm. Here in Missouri we get quite a bit of rain as well. I even had the kit on when i drove back in the slush and over a foot of snow from texas for 14 hours. It packed my intercooler with ice and the whole underside of my car. With that amount of water I still had no issue.

The filter would have to be completely submerged. If only have of it is in water the turbo would draw air from the least resistance so not much water would get into the intake. Plus it would have to be more water than people inject for cooling to cause any problems and quite a few guys are injection almost a liter per minute.

Despite what some people might think splashing water on a filter won't hydrolock the engines. Those stories of "i only splashed from a large puddle" are more than likely lies so someone can put blame elsewhere than their dumbass for driving in what was probably deep water and submerging their car.