Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Supercharger tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

A lot of tuners are willing to fly to your location for the right price, so that's worth considering if you can afford it. A supercharger is relatively simple to tune so shouldn't be too bad on the pocket aside from the cost to fly out the person. And on the street will work fine, as long as your tuner is comfortable. Easier said than done and I assume it's very complicated in your area, but still worth looking into.

Edit:

Go nitrous, and exhaust, call it a day. Wet kit's run great on stock tune and an exhaust will make you feel like you have more power.

Last edited by Resmarted; 11-05-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
It's alright, I don't know how to tune yet (even though I understand some of the bare basics). I want to learn as well, but I have a million other things to learn/practice and do.
My local guy charges 75$ an hour for street tuning (drivability tuning). Not a bad deal if you ask me.
Yet, You are giving advice on Tuning and ECU's and Piggybacks, and you Do Not know how to Tune a Car........ Interesting
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Resmarted

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Yet, You are giving advice on Tuning and ECU's and Piggybacks, and you Do Not know how to Tune a Car........ Interesting
I'm glad you think you know something because you know how to tune an SS box, champ!

All I'm speaking is common knowledge. Nothing advanced that an SS box tuner would only know!

cough troll cough

OP tuning really isn't that hard especially if you have a VE based system you can use. I'm sure you could learn it. Like I said, I learned the basics (through friends and reading online), just haven't had a chance to actually try it. And I'm sure people on here would be willing to help you out with anything you can't figure out your-self.

Last edited by Resmarted; 11-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:24 AM
TopgunZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did he ask for advice on how to actually tune the car? NO. He asked what method of approach.

Didnt you ask me about a year ago where I got my hood and what kind it is?

Yet anyone else's input is invalid.

Stop acting like a know it all

Last edited by TopgunZ; 11-06-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
- bigc -

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ There's no reason to resort to name-calling.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Hay Guys, I mean no offense to anyone on here.

Their are Many Many People on my350z that know tons more than I do, but I do have a fair amount of knowledge and Experience.

My communication skills are not always the best

I'd like to see more people on here give their Advice, when they First Hand Experience, of Engine Building, Tuning, Drivetrain, Suspension, Tires, Body, ect.

It's very difficult for a Beginner asking questions on here to Decipher what is FAQ and what is B.S. when they are trying to learn.

I'd Like to see My350Z get back to what it once was. People with more knowledge, helping people with less knowledge.

Piece
Old 11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Resmarted

Hay Guys, I mean no offense to anyone on here.

Their are Many Many People on my350z that know tons more than I do, but I do have a fair amount of knowledge and Experience.

My communication skills are not always the best

I'd like to see more people on here give their Advice, when they First Hand Experience, of Engine Building, Tuning, Drivetrain, Suspension, Tires, Body, ect.

It's very difficult for a Beginner asking questions on here to Decipher what is FAQ and what is B.S. when they are trying to learn.

I'd Like to see My350Z get back to what it once was. People with more knowledge, helping people with less knowledge.

Piece
Correct me when I'm wrong, I'm absolutely fine with that, because then I might actually learn something from it. But don't just discredit what I say for no reason other than personal prejudice. That's just disrespectful and well trolling.

I'm sharing a "common knowledge" item. There's one semi private dyno in our area, but there are tons of tuned cars running strong. They almost all use street tunes. One of my best friends ran his car for years on a street tune. This is pretty basic information. I'm not telling him how to tell if hes knocking, or how many degrees to pull when he's knocking or how lean to go on decel or cam timing adjustments. This is basic basic stuff. If you really want the forum to be in a better place, you sure as hell don't act like it.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

IMO when it comes to tuning there are those who 'get' it and those who have no hope. Kind of like trying to teach your mom how to design a database driven website and program in PHP. I don't know which camp the OP falls into (I'm willing to guess) but what I'm saying is that you can't really recommend self-tuning on this forum especially for complete noobs. Those that can handle self tuning will do research on their own (e.g. search tool) and ask the proper questions.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more power to you, the canned tune would probably be your best bet, but sure not the 'best bet.' I've heard you never touch timing on a street tune, the street is mostly for drivability cleanup, not dialing the car in precisely
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
crd00

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay fellas, good news, I have access to a dyno but the bad news is there is no one here that I can get to tune my car lol. Thats why I was hoping data logging was possible with the 350 so I could install emailed tunes from a company until it was properly tuned. Also can someone post up a link to the programmer they bought to tune their 350?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can certainly do E-tunes with a supercharger. The boost is always at the same rpm, so tuning is super easy. Under boost, you only have to tune a couple cells because its impossible to hit other areas in the map since you are directly tied to rpm.

With a couple 3rd gear WOT pulls, you could probably be 90% there.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oldman350z (Tim) is probably one of the most helpful users on here. Back when I had no experience tuning on this platform Tim spent a lot of time on the phone explaining the ss box and datalogging on this car. He knows his stuff.

That being said I do a final street tune with any car that I dyno tune. I do a lot of street tuning and normally just use a dyno to tweak the timing for high hp stuff but timing can easily be set conservative on a street tune.