Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Intense Power, worst experience I have been through

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
boostedmaxima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Side note, I'm not sure you are allowed to call liberalism a mental disorder. Especially with your marathon run-on sentences and borderline mentally disabled structure and syntax.
Please change your signature.
No need to be butt hurt about 1 person's opinion. If you have nothing to contribute to the OP in this thread, which you didn't, post your grievance in the OFF Topic portion of the forum.

Found here: https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic-6/
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 2,062 Posts

Originally Posted by x1sikevox
Finally, I got a hold of the owner, Han. He was pretty upset that I am trying to maliciously hurt his business and that in the end, I still would owe whats due. He did say he would charge me $ 950 to install the motor if I get it again through them again... Not really sure how $ 200 off is a reason to stay there.

Anyways, biggest thing is I got a hold of him after 20 days of trying to reach him. All I want is proper communication whether it was from Han or Pete.
How do you owe when he installed a bad motor HE bought?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
grimm66

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Agree... That's why you never pay in advance to make sure everything is done right with no hidden cost from what you both agreed on.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
x1sikevox

He seemed like a stand up guy. I thought he was trustworthy.

Well I still owe them $ 300, and like Pete said, they won't release the car to me until I pay that. $ 300 is merely pocket change compared to the almost $7k I paid them, so I am not really worried about that. I am more worried about getting my money back from the engine and the installation fees of that motor. At this point I am considering going to another shop but if Intense still wants to give this a shot by making this right, ordering a new motor and installing it, and as long as I am not paying anything more out of pocket, I will leave my car there and hope to get it running one day...someday....
Old 01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Eno

Hi, I am new to this forum but I have a situation with the shop Intense Power on here. My biggest problem is their communication. I just want a phone call to let me know what is going on in a timely manner. I hear back in 1 - 1.5 week intervals whats the updates. Lately I have not heard nothing back and I don't appreciate me getting lied to.

Here is my situation.

On November 14, I took my evo 8 to a shop, whose name I won't say because it's irrelevant to intense. A tech drove my car and blew the motor. Ever since then, its been a headache. The tech disappeared. I was left to deal with a mess. I contacted my Insurance and they agreed what happened was possibly vandalism. So they instructed me to tow my car to a shop who would look at it and determine what happened was truely abuse/vandalism. I took my car on 12/07/12 to Intense. The following day or so, the repair estimator came out and ruled that it was abuse and wrote a check for $5,805. The next day I came to the shop and signed over the check to Intense to get the work done.

It turned out I needed a new motor since my motor had a crack in it. Pete from Intense and the insurance agent had found one with 0 miles on it for around $ 3,300 before the check was written out. Pete still searched for other motors as did I. I found a motor, here is the link for it. It looked to be in immaculate condition. It had almost the same amount of miles my car had. Guaranteed running etc. It was also complete which was a huge plus in my opinion and which is why I pointed it out to Pete.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-Mi...p2047675.l2557

12/13/12 I believe it was, I contact the shop above in Illinois to make sure it was still available. It was and I proceeded to drive to Intense and tell Pete in person since he did not answer my phone call about the motor I found. He thought it was a good deal and with the company's credit card, he paid for the motor. It was only about a 5 minute phone call, I did not hear him ask any vital information. Usually when you spend $ 3200 for an engine, you take your time and find out EVERYTHING about the item before you purchase it. Well anyways, a week passes and the motor arrives.

Approx 12/18 Engine arrives, looks to be in good shape. I purchase fluids, gaskets, and misc items before the engine is installed. The next day the engine is ready for installation. It took about a few days to get everything in order before the engine was fired up.

12/26/12 Engine is installed and is ready to get cranked over. I was there and took videos of this. The motor turned out to be blown. I could hear the exhaust popping, something did not sound right. After 10 minutes, compression test was done and revealed that 2 or 3 cylinders were really low, around 25 - 100. The motor was garbage.

12/28/12 I contacted the shop where the motor came from and was told that they could not talk to me since I am not their customer, Intense was since they paid for it and I paid Intense for it. I was still on top of this wasting hours of my time trying to get a hold of someone to talk to. Sure enough I did, I got a hold of the owners son. He talked to Pete and Pete had sent him the compression test videos and leak down videos plus all other information they wanted. More then a week goes by and the shop in Illinois makes me an offer. They offered to let me keep the motor and refund me $1,000 to fix whatever damage was wrong with it. I pondered the idea but decided to just uninstall the motor and ship it back.

1/04/13 I owed Intense $ 1250 for deducible remaining balance. Pete sure was on top of calling me and getting a hold of me to pay this balance. After the numerous calls and voice mails from Pete early in the morning ( No I was not dodging him, I was sleep ) , I decided to pay him them money even though the work was not finished. I went down there with $ 950 and told him I would talk to Han about the remaining $ 300 owed. They were charging me twice for one item so I thought I would talk to Han before I paid that remaining $ 300. Pete was not happy and assured me he would not let me leave with the car until I paid him the $ 300. When it comes to money, they sure know how to pick up a phone. When there is a problem, where are they?

1/07/13 Motor was getting uninstalled, ready that following Wednesday ( 1/09/13 ) to be shipped which was supposed to happen but did not. Pete told me the motor shipped out but in reality it was still sitting until the 15th because Pete was waiting on some sort of landing label. I found that out through the tech at the shop when I went in person yesterday, 1/17/13.

Currently, like I stated, Pete calls me every week to week and a half to let me know whats going on. And like I also stated, the shop in Illinois is really trying their best not to deal with me since they are right, I am not their customer. So with no communication going on with me and Illinois shop, and barely any communication going on with Intense, what am I left to do?

The biggest issue I have with Intense besides their bad communication is this:

They want me to pay $ 2300 for the labor it took to install and uninstall the motor they bought from Illinois. Notice, I said I found the motor, regardless if I found the motor. Intense marked up the motor by 25% ( $ 825.00 ) meaning they made a profit on it and failed to do a leak down and compression test prior to installing the motor. I still don't know if the motor was shipped bad or if the motor was damaged by their tech... The tech never did a full evo engine swap according to him and this was his first time. How do I know he installed the brand new timing belt correct? How do I know he didn't skip timing or do something so silly, it could have been a minor mistake. I don't know that and I never will. All I know is that Pete said they would take $ 300 off the un-installation of the motor. Meaning instead of $ 2300 I would pay $ 2000. Again, Intense bought this motor from the shop in Illinois, I paid Intense IN ADVANCE by signing over the check to them. I am INTENSE'S CUSTOMER, not Illinois shops.

With no phone calls back from Intense, Pete nor Han, and the numerous voice mails I left for both of them. The time wasted on driving to the shop back and fourth to find no one there half the time except the techs, it's been one giant headache.

As of right now, I feel like I got scammed. With no one calling me back and the amount Intense wants me to pay for the labor, I feel this is fraud. In conclusion, I have contacted the Attorney General Tom Hornes office, contacted my insurance regarding this matter, as well as 12 news for action. I have reported this incident to all 3 HOWEVER, I have not escalated the claims yet however I am giving Intense a sufficient amount of time to respond back before I do.

I don't want to seem unreasonable or people to think im being impatient. I think all this could have been resolved with proper communication. Hopefully, Intense does the right thing.
Sure... why not give'em another shot at it? After all, they've done a pretty stand up job so far. I mean... seems legit, right? They're just victims of circumstance. Cut them some slack!

If I dared put the words together in one sentence that describes the logic, the entire internet would explode resulting in a shockwave of fragmented data that would knock us back into the Mesozoic era.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Robs_350Z

I've avoided ordering parts from Intense for some time now... In so many words ordered a lot of parts, no confirmation, a phone that rings and rings, emails that are never answered, weeks go by... Oh yeah the credit card was charged right away. After two months I just wanted to know what the status was. I'll order a different part if a particular one has a back order. One last email, sent asking to refund my credit card within 1 week otherwise I'll have the capital one short it out to take the funds back.... Needless to say Intense answered my last email and refunded my credit card.

I can't question their craftsmanship or their products (Powerlab) but I agree their service and customer care is absolutely crap.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:06 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robs_350Z
I've avoided ordering parts from Intense for some time now... In so many words ordered a lot of parts, no confirmation, a phone that rings and rings, emails that are never answered, weeks go by... Oh yeah the credit card was charged right away. After two months I just wanted to know what the status was. I'll order a different part if a particular one has a back order. One last email, sent asking to refund my credit card within 1 week otherwise I'll have the capital one short it out to take the funds back.... Needless to say Intense answered my last email and refunded my credit card.

I can't question their craftsmanship or their products (Powerlab) but I agree their service and customer care is absolutely crap.
I love my powerlab kit. im glad I got it but when something breaks im going to be screwd..
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 AM
x1sikevox

Updates:

Han has come through. We sat and talked last night, end result : I will not be paying for the labor to install and uninstall the bunk motor.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Triji

Uh huh.... And the cost of the motor and the finger pointing between them and the supplier of said motor? With the money you put in thus far you should not have to put in another cent to get your car back in operational condition... You don't owe them another cent, they owe YOU a working car.

Updates:

Han has come through. We sat and talked last night, end result : I will not be paying for the labor to install and uninstall the bunk motor.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Jesus with these horror stories....
to me it would just make more sense to do the work yourself...

buy a beater 240 for a dd and just work on the Z till its done. I bet you could have done a better job than Intensive any day of the week.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Eno

Well I'm glad that try met you in the middle after all that garbage. Consider that a warning shot at you. Next one may be right on target- so think hard about putting the apple in your mouth.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

So they are finding a good motor and putting it in?
Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM
bmyles

Originally Posted by go7roo7
Jesus with these horror stories....
to me it would just make more sense to do the work yourself...

buy a beater 240 for a dd and just work on the Z till its done. I bet you could have done a better job than Intensive any day of the week.
It's an Evo...
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, I've always talked to Han and ordered stuff through them a received quick. Used to have them on a speed dial on my old phone. sucks they're having issues.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:27 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by JS04
Eh, I've always talked to Han and ordered stuff through them a received quick. Used to have them on a speed dial on my old phone. sucks they're having issues.
Based on the threads/posts they are having so many issues they could be a daily magazine.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They seem to have a few fan boys but 98% of the people that deal with them end up angry.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 AM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
They seem to have a few fan boys but 98% of the people that deal with them end up angry.
It seems like the Z community has had more of these kinds of shops than any other, because fan boys keep their online value high.
Threads like these save little newbies from clusterf***ing themselves.

For all the dumbsh*ts who don't listen or any noob actually re-searching:

For the millionth time, go to a shop that has a good reputation. Even if they aren't assembling your car, buy your parts from them, have them build your engine. Don't go to inexperienced engine builders. Don't go to inexperienced unproven shops. Support the shops that don't f*** over their customers. They WILL end up costing less and cut you good deals on bigger part orders.

Shops like these are Dynosty, Sound Performance (a smaller shop but nonetheless is very experienced), Vinny Ten, and I'd also strongly consider Mazworx.

Stay away from shops like Intense or shops that post up a lot of dreamer ******** builds that never deliver, and use false advertisement to get people to buy their turbo kits.

If you want to buy a very reliable, high hp potential yet also very streetable turbo kit, contact Boosted Performance on the forum.

Last edited by Resmarted; 01-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dont worry, the BRZ community is the next big thing and our bad shops will switch focus
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts

^ lol.
yessssssss. Funny.

Last edited by bmccann101; 01-24-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
bmyles

I was actually considering ordering their long tube headers since PPE decided to jack their prices for no fuggin reason...but I thought to myself, "Do I really want to give these guys 1000 bones for something I have no idea when I'll get?"

Quick Reply: Intense Power, worst experience I have been through