Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need help picking turbos for a twins.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Jerrad1996

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No i mean the 13k is with other stuff to i was just talking about whats inside of the motor for internals. I mean for the internals Im only at about 8k with labor but i bought allot of other stuff that is going on like kinetix Intake manifold and turbo manifold.. ect.. Thats where that number is coming from. and thanks for the advice i will go look that up and see what i find.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:18 AM
WTFMike

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrad1996
No i mean the 13k is with other stuff to i was just talking about whats inside of the motor for internals. I mean for the internals Im only at about 8k with labor but i bought allot of other stuff that is going on like kinetix Intake manifold and turbo manifold.. ect.. Thats where that number is coming from. and thanks for the advice i will go look that up and see what i find.
What turbo manifold did you buy?
Old 07-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Jerrad1996

Gtm turbo manifold.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

your engine isnt built for "way more then 700" then eagle rods are iffy past 800, sleeves on this engine have all kinda of problems especially when stock will handle what the eagle rods will, you upgraded valves for what reason? guessing you went +1mm if you upgraded.......... again a poor choice like i said you havnt really done anything for searching and overall your going to be very disappointed
The motor has sleeves with eagle rods with cp 8.5.1 pistons with a stock crank cause i was told and found out that its a forged crank if im not mistaken and it will hold the 700 hp. the heads have ferrea comp plus valves with dual spings and retainers and i think im going to put the brian crower stage 3 272 cams in it.. and its not that i think my time is more important then your jerry ive been looking into it and what im trying to say is i dont understand it all the way and the last thing i want to do is spend money on turbos thinking i understand something and im completely off the map.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:10 PM
jerryd87

its alberto's video he dosnt really post anymore because the mods ****ing suck and allow people like yourself to run free and spam the forum with the exact same question almost daily and **** off the regulars who actually know **** then ban the regulars when they get pissed. might as well just quit posting
and nice video dick head i might be new to forced induction and this might be my first big build but im not that stupid and im not a cheap *** thats going to cut corners if i want my car to hit 700hp im not gunna stop until it hits 700hp. Im not even saying i HAVE to hit 700 cause thats a big number im just saying if i shoot for that number and if i come up short and dont make it im not gunna be bothered
Old 07-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Jerrad1996

well i didnt plan on going past 700 i just got eagle rods cause they weren't anything more then what i needed. and actually no i didnt got oversized there still stock size valves. And about the sleeves i looked everywhere online before i decided to sleeve it and the only thing i found that was the bottom end wasn't reliable anything after 400. Your the first person thats said they will hold that much power. Not saying your wrong just saying never heard or found that before i decided to sleeve it.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Jerrad1996

And you guys have a choice to click in and comment on the post. You could scroll past it if you wanted to. If like whats posted on a post then you should stay off of it. I asked for a little help and to be pointed the right way. This was my first build of course im not gunna know everything along the way but there is no one that knows everything and there always someone that knows more and im personally just not scared to ask for help. If you dont want to help thats fine you have a right to not help but you dont need to comment and try and bring others down about what there doing.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:13 PM
jerryd87

stock rods wont hold past 450 so no idea where you have been looking, no one has broken stock sleeves yet the closest was xkr who just ovaled them at something north of 800, a ton of people run over 600 on stock sleeves
well i didnt plan on going past 700 i just got eagle rods cause they weren't anything more then what i needed. and actually no i didnt got oversized there still stock size valves. And about the sleeves i looked everywhere online before i decided to sleeve it and the only thing i found that was the bottom end wasn't reliable anything after 400. Your the first person thats said they will hold that much power. Not saying your wrong just saying never heard or found that before i decided to sleeve it.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:14 PM
jerryd87

none of us knew everything when we started which is why the intellegent people spend 4-6 months just reading on here before buying a single part. if you dont like what WE have to say then leave no one is going to miss you
And you guys have a choice to click in and comment on the post. You could scroll past it if you wanted to. If like whats posted on a post then you should stay off of it. I asked for a little help and to be pointed the right way. This was my first build of course im not gunna know everything along the way but there is no one that knows everything and there always someone that knows more and im personally just not scared to ask for help. If you dont want to help thats fine you have a right to not help but you dont need to comment and try and bring others down about what there doing.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:19 PM
djamps

Originally Posted by jerryd87
none of us knew everything when we started which is why the intellegent people spend 4-6 months just reading on here before buying a single part. if you dont like what WE have to say then leave no one is going to miss you
The others either make these threads or give a shop their wallet. Honestly I'd recommend the OP try the latter since he has so much cash.

AAAnnnd...bought JUST manifolds??? Why not just ask GTM (or go to their site and look) what turbos they were DESIGNED for and the power levels that can be achieved? Not even searching... just looking at what's right there. Gonna fab up your own piping too (yea, right)? I smell either a troll/dreamer or a utter and complete moron.

Last edited by djamps; 07-14-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Jerrad1996

Actually i was gunna buy turbos designed for that manifold but thought maybe there was something better and actually am having a buddy "fab" up my piping for my that has a 10 sec audi a4 that he build completely himself that he only spent a couple grand doing. he was just busy so i figured id turn here for some help. But when the car is done ill be sure to post picture for all you that have doubts of what im doing cause all i smell is some stuck up cocky ******* that thinks they know everything and is trying to put someone down about something. All so worried about what im posting but yet you keep coming back feeding into it. But if im such a moron and stupid why are you wasting your time??
Old 07-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Because it's entertaining.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Jerrad1996

Well it seems that you guys are a little butt hurt and feel like buy calling someone dumb, stupid and moron is gunna make you better then them cause really its not all its gunna do is make you that ******* that thinks his **** dont stink. But i mean go for it cause reagardless if i get help from you guys or from some friends or a shop in the end im still gunna have my car and i know its possible to make the numbers i want and im not gunna stop till it does and when it does you guys can try and talk about the "noob" that didnt know what he was talking about and then i can sit back and watch you talk about you 400 hp cars cause its "entertaining" how about that?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Write that again using punctuation and spell check.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 PM
jerryd87

forgot watching tv was so important that i should be doing that instead my bad lemme get back to that................. oh **** look at that i can do both. you seem to keep coming back and wasting your time as well, nothing stuck up about it you havnt even seen my car and i have done every bit of work myself dont see how that makes me "stuck up" i gave up "helping people" after the first 20 ****ers like you popped up asking the same damn questions, why keep answering if people wont help themselves? as i said before you have indirectly said "**** you im more important then you so i refuse to search" if anything your the ****ing stuck up looser
Actually i was gunna buy turbos designed for that manifold but thought maybe there was something better and actually am having a buddy "fab" up my piping for my that has a 10 sec audi a4 that he build completely himself that he only spent a couple grand doing. he was just busy so i figured id turn here for some help. But when the car is done ill be sure to post picture for all you that have doubts of what im doing cause all i smell is some stuck up cocky ******* that thinks they know everything and is trying to put someone down about something. All so worried about what im posting but yet you keep coming back feeding into it. But if im such a moron and stupid why are you wasting your time??
Old 07-14-2013, 08:35 PM
jerryd87

no one here is upset except you who is pissy we didnt spoon feed you, move along little troll we arnt amused by your dick sucking anymore. you wont be pissed and no one really cares what you think. the difference between us and you is the people bad mouthing you had the common ****ing sense to use the search button and finding out "oh **** he question i was gona ask has been answered like 8 billion times" and only asked questions when it hasnt been answered. go to the store and ask someone the same question 8 times and see what reaction you get thats essentially what you have done here and why you are being treated like the useless goat ****er you are.

go ahead and build your car bet you wont be back because your dumb *** had it sleeved and its going to over heat like a mother ****er. curious who your referring to with the 400 whp though.... only person making that in this thread is djamps and he was being nice.
Well it seems that you guys are a little butt hurt and feel like buy calling someone dumb, stupid and moron is gunna make you better then them cause really its not all its gunna do is make you that ******* that thinks his **** dont stink. But i mean go for it cause reagardless if i get help from you guys or from some friends or a shop in the end im still gunna have my car and i know its possible to make the numbers i want and im not gunna stop till it does and when it does you guys can try and talk about the "noob" that didnt know what he was talking about and then i can sit back and watch you talk about you 400 hp cars cause its "entertaining" how about that?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Jerrad1996

If no one cares what i think then why the **** do you keep posting on my post? No one is sucking you dick all you've done since you got on here was talk **** and think you so much better then anyone. Ill be sure to let you know when my car is done and makes the numbers i want and dont over heat to prove the fact you dont ****ing know everything. I did use the search bar and the only thing that came up was pick a turbo kit. and i dont need a whole kit. there was never anything about just different turbos all i seen is stuff about kits with everything in it. Maybe you missed the whole reason i posted but if your so smart go make your own post about the differences in turbos and what turbos you can buy and what different brands and what different sizes will fit what different power you wanna make. I wasnt asking to be spoon feed i was asking what for someone that knew something besides "buying a kit" and putting it on a car that knows the difference to share some info that i couldnt find anywhere else.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 PM
jerryd87

pretty sure you ment everyone but nope just **** stains like you. sorry your not magical your not going to magically not have over heating problems that everyone else has had ESPECIALLY when you have show you dont know **** about cars your just a checkbook tuner. its fine if you are but dont pretend like you actually know something when you know for a fact you dont. that fact your trying to build your own shows how retarded you are, your going to spend a extra 1-2k for the exact same power as what the off the shelf **** will do, hell you can even buy off the shelf product for 1000 whp, no one does because of traction. there is **** TONS of information on different turbos here including modifications on to make other turbos fit other then what comes with the kit. so your full of **** because i have personally seen discussed in my time here you dint search for **** or if you did you clicked a single link which was a shitstorm just like this because so many people like you pop up. no one gives a **** move on, next week no one will ever remember you exists and we will be making fun of the next retarded to pop on with this exact same question.
If no one cares what i think then why the **** do you keep posting on my post? No one is sucking you dick all you've done since you got on here was talk **** and think you so much better then anyone. Ill be sure to let you know when my car is done and makes the numbers i want and dont over heat to prove the fact you dont ****ing know everything. I did use the search bar and the only thing that came up was pick a turbo kit. and i dont need a whole kit. there was never anything about just different turbos all i seen is stuff about kits with everything in it. Maybe you missed the whole reason i posted but if your so smart go make your own post about the differences in turbos and what turbos you can buy and what different brands and what different sizes will fit what different power you wanna make. I wasnt asking to be spoon feed i was asking what for someone that knew something besides "buying a kit" and putting it on a car that knows the difference to share some info that i couldnt find anywhere else.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Jerrad1996

I never said i know everything about cars i said that in my first post from the start but the difference from me and you is i can admit that and i dont have to act like some hard *** over a fourm. Especially if you know so much and im so stupid and no one gives a **** about me like i said why do you keep coming back to comment? I've moved on i realized that this fourm is has pathedic *******s that think there better then people. You say that everyone has the same problem with sleeves but yet you've never personally had that problem everyone builds a car different. Some people work some dont. You dont know if that person was sleeving there block hoping to make 700 whp and not having any cooling system to support the power they were trying to make. That dont mean the sleeves make it over heat. Im sure if the sleeves were the problem shops wouldnt sell blocks that were sleeved. Your just as dumb as me cause you think you know everything.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 PM
jerryd87

your implying i dont know what im doing LOL ok feel free to keep thinking that. thats a good one hardass? last i checked i told you to quit being a lazy **** and search im not going to repeat myself nor is anyone else. guess what you know that lil ol 700 hp goal of yours? been there done that and i built it in a driveway i dint pay anyone to do **** outside of the machine work(and that was it full speccing and building of is was done by this guy). it was already mentioned we are bored and your a easy target, if you think im a "internet warrior" or "only a online tough guy" im at schofield barracks hawaii just let me know when your here ive been more then willing for anyone who felt they wanted to try and beat my *** or anything like that because they dint like what i said. ill repeat everything ive said here to your face not a problem.

have fun no one will miss you have fun on 350z tech or where ever you move on to they dont have 1/10th the activity of here and not 1/100th the information. see i have the ability to do this thing called searching, so unlike your stupid *** i know everyone with sleeves on a street driven vehicle has had major over heating issues only a couple people who havnt and it isnt the fact the sleeves worked its the fact they went crazy with different **** to simply combat the extra heat its not a off the shelf problem and 99% of the people who try it do not go to a place that can get around it. so no it isnt "some peoples work some dont" no ones work which is why every single shop including vinny ten, dynosty and sound performance(some of the biggest names out there) all say dont do it unless the only purpose is for it to be a drag car. if 24 row oil cooler 50mm radiator, twin black magic fans, and path finder coolant mod dont work you dont have a chance in hell thats the biggest and baddest you can get for these cars. IN FACT my 700 whp tune has no problem with a cheapo mishimoto radiator and stock fans so guess what **** stain, it has nothing to do with the power level because im not the only one, jeff binder dosnt have issues with a similar setup at 650 to the wheels and he can do more. but again your useless *** cant search so you start talking out your *** without knowing a damn thing because it IS IN FACT the sleeves causing it to over heat. they have less area for coolant by being thicker and the MID structure blocks off some of the space for coolant to move through the block to the heads.

hillarious you calling me the dumb one when you havnt even checked with any shops and btw several of those shops will sell you **** just to sell you look at forged for instance they absolutely don give a ****. at least THEY list not to use a sleeved block on a street vehicle though. go ahead though keep insisting how dumb i am, ill continue doing what your trying to with much better result
I never said i know everything about cars i said that in my first post from the start but the difference from me and you is i can admit that and i dont have to act like some hard *** over a fourm. Especially if you know so much and im so stupid and no one gives a **** about me like i said why do you keep coming back to comment? I've moved on i realized that this fourm is has pathedic *******s that think there better then people. You say that everyone has the same problem with sleeves but yet you've never personally had that problem everyone builds a car different. Some people work some dont. You dont know if that person was sleeving there block hoping to make 700 whp and not having any cooling system to support the power they were trying to make. That dont mean the sleeves make it over heat. Im sure if the sleeves were the problem shops wouldnt sell blocks that were sleeved. Your just as dumb as me cause you think you know everything.