Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ATI and 440cc injectors is it feasable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 09:51 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS...What problem did Fisher have??I wasnt following that one..
Old 01-31-2004, 10:17 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

some guy in the regular engine mod section said he got reflashed by Fisher, and ended up with 4 smoked spark plugs.......the AF he posted showed a funky 16:1 spike in the AFR.......no doubt the culprit

Mike's been a straight shooter with me......i'd be very interested in details about how he set up a larger fuel pump on the car.......our current fuel pump is about the size of a red bull can, and doesn't leave much room in the hole for a bigger one........and then there's the issue of the Fuel Pressure Regulator......with an aftermarket fuel pump, it appears that an aftermarket FPR may be needed also.......what i'm also wondering about is if the fuel tank temperature sensor is retained.......and if it isn't, how the ECM is reacting to that
Old 01-31-2004, 10:42 PM
12SecZ

Ditto here with Mike and Altered and myself, very straight shooter who went above and beyond.

As for the Injectors you can do like I did and order both if you like.

RC Engineering $653.00.

Nissan said the wiring "was imcompatable" and would take "modifications." Nissan said that to me, they installed my blower. I have had both injectors. The RC seemed to me to be too big. I do not think it is a Brand issue just a size and wiring issue, despite what others think. If Nissan had not said anything and just installed them we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The final outcome on my car was the P.E.'s not because they are "better", simply because they pop right in in 30 minutes and were proven to me to work by other people running them already who also had documented the same problem I had with the RC's this was while I was in the research phase as some here also are (like the original poster.) I paid about 250.00 more for the P.E.'s to me it was well spent money because my stock fuel pump combined with the 380's seem to be perfect up to 9 lbs even 10 for A/F. My EGT has only went off once at 8.25 in several weeks and that was at 10-11 pounds.

Hope this helps someone out there, not just the people dead set on just debating the same issue over and over but someone who really wants to research what has worked for others. It sounds like both have worked so either should be OK, one is just easier to install and has better atomization. The other cost more and may be more fuel than you need at idle, that is it in a nutshell.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:32 AM
daking350
Banned

Does anyone know what the LB per hour conversion would be for the 380cc's,440cc's,510cc's??
From what I understand is you really dont want an injector to be toooo big otherwise you wash the cylinder walls with fuel which in the long run can be just as bad for the engine as running lean..
I also would like to know if the after market fuel pump is a required component or the 380's or 440's or with a good tune are they enough for 8-9 lbs all day and all night....Meaning are the 380's a tad bit to small for the 9-10 lb boost range and need to be pumped with more fuel pressure to act like a slightly larger injector.Which puts us right back into the Aeromotive DFMU functions..Which we all aggree is not where we want to be..
No body is arguing the same old point,Just trying to gain knowledge for both myself and the guy that posed the original question..
Old 02-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Daking-
the news you are hearing from the grapevine is severely wrong.

PE and Technosquare are NOT sister companies. they are far from it. if they were so close, why do you think i am fighting so hard to get my turbo kit from them, after technosquare prototyped the entire TT kit and PE said "see ya later"

they make no money on the sale of the injectors like EJ stated.

AA, from what i've heard is having one helluva time getting their ECU flash program to work, let alone be tuned for any injector.

you can put any injector in any car, you just need to have the car there for tuning purposes. thats why Technosquare can easily program the ECU for the PE injectors, because they've had the injectors on my car for the flow analysis and they know how to adjust the fuel accordingly for that set of injectors.. they are by far the easiest plug n play injectors... hence 380cc and 550cc are easy to do since their spray rate is easy to predict...

RC injectors are a little harder to tune for.. technosquare can reprogram the RC injectors, but no on has yet had their car physically in the shop with RC injectors.... from what TS has told me, the RC injectors tend to dump a little more fuel than necessary initially, and at higher rpms, it tends to spray less (this is having a plugged in and play with no ecu tuning)..

please get your stories correct.

i am not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. i'm just here trying to post what i know. take it for what its worth. people have the options of listening to me or whomever.

Last edited by Chebosto; 02-01-2004 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:49 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by Chebosto
Daking-
the news you are hearing from the grapevine is severely wrong.

PE and Technosquare are NOT sister companies. they are far from it. if they were so close, why do you think i am fighting so hard to get my turbo kit from them, after technosquare prototyped the entire TT kit and PE said "see ya later"

they make no money on the sale of the injectors like EJ stated.

AA, from what i've heard is having one helluva time getting their ECU flash program to work, let alone be tuned for any injector.

you can put any injector in any car, you just need to have the car there for tuning purposes. thats why Technosquare can easily program the ECU for the PE injectors, because they've had the injectors on my car for the flow analysis and they know how to adjust the fuel accordingly for that set of injectors.. they are by far the easiest plug n play injectors... hence 380cc and 550cc are easy to do since their spray rate is easy to predict...

RC injectors are a little harder to tune for.. technosquare can reprogram the RC injectors, but no on has yet had their car physically in the shop with RC injectors.... from what TS has told me, the RC injectors tend to dump a little more fuel than necessary initially, and at higher rpms, it tends to spray less (this is having a plugged in and play with no ecu tuning)..

please get your stories correct.

i am not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. i'm just here trying to post what i know. take it for what its worth. people have the options of listening to me or whomever.
Wow You guys from Cali are so easily pissed off..I simply said that what I HEARD..I did not say it was a fact..And sorry to hear about what PE did to you..That shows the true cut throat corperate tactics employed every day by companies...
So then what someone else said about TS having a contract with PE is untrue also??
from what TS has told me, the RC injectors tend to dump a little more fuel than necessary initially, and at higher rpms, it tends to spray less (this is having a plugged in and play with no ecu tuning)..
But isnt Greddy using these injectors??with the E-manage right??

Last edited by daking350; 02-01-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Technosquare is/was on contract with PE to develop the 350z TT kit.. which was fulfilled, and why i'm getting the shaft over this TT kit i was supposed to get....

in this world of aftermarket development, business is cut-throat like you said.. Technos is trying to salvage the relationship with PE Japan as much as they can because partnerships are much better than rivalries... PE Japan is interested in developing the G35Sedan TT and G35coupe kits as well, and they would like Technos to do it.... whether or not this new deal is struct all depends on the outcome of my TT kit.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:14 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by Chebosto
Technosquare is/was on contract with PE to develop the 350z TT kit.. which was fulfilled, and why i'm getting the shaft over this TT kit i was supposed to get....

in this world of aftermarket development, business is cut-throat like you said.. Technos is trying to salvage the relationship with PE Japan as much as they can because partnerships are much better than rivalries... PE Japan is interested in developing the G35Sedan TT and G35coupe kits as well, and they would like Technos to do it.... whether or not this new deal is struct all depends on the outcome of my TT kit.
That blows!!
The reason I am asking all my questions is not to debate anyone, you understand right? I am simply trying to take a different road to my goals..I just got a HELLA-good deal on the injectors from a Greddy kit,so I would like to utilize them along with a Perfect Power SMT6 piggback to control fuel and timing for my car..I am east coast and TS reflashes are not feasable for me as I would rather have tuned to my car specificly..So I am wondering if I will need to upgrade my fuel pump also..But you did state that as a drop in the RC's(Greddy) injectors didnt work well,but I wonder about if they were tuned how they would work??Any thoughts??
I reall would like the larger injectors now as I am having a block built and plan on raising my boost levels,as well as my fuel needs.Which is why I am going with the piggyback that is tunable down the road..