Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:10 AM
Zume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO most of us that have been on here a few years "kinda get it" about the true cost and have at some point been burned by deception and crap quality work.

I am pretty cynical and skeptical and anything new and SUPER shinny...
Old 07-31-2014, 05:19 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blue350zed
Wow. A lot of negativity on here. Almost sounds like some people think you're crazy for developing new and better parts for our cars. How dare you.

Keep it up, AAM. I will have this kit.
Thanks blue350zed. We spent the past 2+ years researching what is currently available and focused on producing an improved forced induction system for for the Z community. We would not have spent the 2+ years and countless R & D dollars if we didn't feel we could manufacture something improved over what is currently available.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:55 AM
aarrgghh

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Remember AAM is also making essentially the same kit for the 370/G37 crowd. They could have targeted that market and left us out in the cold, but they went the extra mile to make the (few?) changes needed to also support the 350 and that spreads the R&D costs out a little.

Props to you guys. I also plan on getting an early kit to install (great timing for me on the announcement, was literally discussing which TT kit to buy with Speciality Z)
Old 07-31-2014, 07:39 AM
MonkeyMagic72

Someone buy my bolt on, so I can put a down payment on this kit for my HR.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:00 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not bashing AAM (and yea, I'm happy to see active development) -- I'm just making expectations clear. That said, AAM also has a colorful history. They do excel in making quality parts, I'll at least give that to 'em.

Last edited by djamps; 07-31-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I can dig it for sure. All other platforms have been playing around with BW turbos for a while now... I would say it is about time...
Old 07-31-2014, 12:05 PM
MonkeyMagic72

AAM is making a smart move in business, is to focus on developing the turbo kit for the larger market the 370Z with the VHR, then gauge the interest in the smaller market of the 07-08 350Z HR. Since there is an opportunity, they jump on it and make the kit for the HR crowd. It is a smooth transition to move all the 370Z VHR design, with a little adjustment and revision they can easily carry over to make the turbo kit fo the 350Z HR with no problem.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:10 PM
kloudak47

Yeah, I do not understand the haters saying "too expensive/too late". Some of us still like our cars and spending what some might call obscene amounts to make it go faster. If you don't want to buy a new turbo kit, guess what, you don't have to. Why do people feel the need to clutter up a thread with their less than profound business advice that no one asked for?

When a new brand of toothpaste is put on the shelf at your local grocery store do you suddenly stop everything you are doing to send hate mail to the manufacturer saying "TOO LITTLE TO LATE, TOOTHPASTE HAS BEEN AROUND ALREADY FOR CENTURIES AND YOUR BRAND IS TOO EXPENSIVE". No, no one does that.

Having more choices and further development of products for our "ageing" platform is awesome. Keep it coming.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:43 PM
T-dizee

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aarrgghh
Remember AAM is also making essentially the same kit for the 370/G37 crowd. They could have targeted that market and left us out in the cold, but they went the extra mile to make the (few?) changes needed to also support the 350 and that spreads the R&D costs out a little.

Props to you guys. I also plan on getting an early kit to install (great timing for me on the announcement, was literally discussing which TT kit to buy with Speciality Z)
Well said! I couldnt agree more! Hope the R&D pulls through for the 350 HR.... keep it up AAM!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:22 PM
IcanHaz

Originally Posted by kloudak47
Yeah, I do not understand the haters saying "too expensive/too late". Some of us still like our cars and spending what some might call obscene amounts to make it go faster. If you don't want to buy a new turbo kit, guess what, you don't have to. Why do people feel the need to clutter up a thread with their less than profound business advice that no one asked for?

When a new brand of toothpaste is put on the shelf at your local grocery store do you suddenly stop everything you are doing to send hate mail to the manufacturer saying "TOO LITTLE TO LATE, TOOTHPASTE HAS BEEN AROUND ALREADY FOR CENTURIES AND YOUR BRAND IS TOO EXPENSIVE". No, no one does that.

Having more choices and further development of products for our "ageing" platform is awesome. Keep it coming.
Lol did you just compare turbo kits to toothpaste?
But anyway nobody is hating on the actual product AAM is selling, in fact everyone seems to really like what AAM has created and most everyone if money wasn't a factor would choose this kit over any other on the market. As far as the too late comments, based on the current crowd buying z's it's pretty easy to see that the market for a kit of this quality and price is far out of reach for them. As far as why do people feel the need to "clutter up a thread with their less than profound business advice that no one asked for?" it's the same reason you decided to comment, to voice your opinion.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:05 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Very nice and very sexy. I was actually eyeing a Momentum turbo. Back to researching...
Old 08-01-2014, 04:42 AM
2bad240

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks nice, to bad I don't have the funds.

Go ahead and discount it for r&d and factor in the fact I will run 10.49 and just write the price of that kit off please! I'm 5 hours from md. And you can see from the drag forum my car performs! Pm me when you want me to drop it off 😜

Last edited by 2bad240; 08-01-2014 at 04:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:41 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ i wanna see you run 10.49 on a stock block 6mt car. your 150 shot is prolly the same trq outta the hole as 15psi on that turbo kit. Might as well run the 250 shot on your motor and hit 10.49 for cost of jets.

Most people on this board are pretty new and dont know AAM's "colorful" (as DJamps said) history across many platforms. Regardless of the pretty CAD pictures, do your due diligence before spending the money.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks for all of the positive feedback everyone! We love our 350Z community and will continue to provide you with solid options moving forward.!

Please let me know if you have any questions about the system, I would be more than happy to provide you with answers.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Thatboylan_

Default R&D program

I pm'd u max

Last edited by Thatboylan_; 08-04-2014 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Meant to pm
Old 08-05-2014, 12:20 AM
koshin

What a fantastic looking kit.
I personally prefer the BW EFR series to anything else on the market and am very excited that you are using their product for your kit. I think this will distinguish your product from the other kits available.
I am doing my boost build with BW EFR as well.
Too bad my VQ35HR is in a Datsun 240Z chassis: I would have gladly jumped on this R&D.

Thank you for continuing to support the VQ community!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:06 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by koshin
What a fantastic looking kit.
I personally prefer the BW EFR series to anything else on the market and am very excited that you are using their product for your kit. I think this will distinguish your product from the other kits available.
I am doing my boost build with BW EFR as well.
Too bad my VQ35HR is in a Datsun 240Z chassis: I would have gladly jumped on this R&D.

Thank you for continuing to support the VQ community!
Thanks for the support koshin! We will do everything we can to suppot the VQ community however we can!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Yoshimura

Will you export this kit ? Because in Europe a lot of people make high perf/price build on 350Z seeing that the car is not very expensive today
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
Will you export this kit ? Because in Europe a lot of people make high perf/price build on 350Z seeing that the car is not very expensive today
Yoshimura

We currently export our other products and intend to supply these twin turbocharger systems internationally.

The only disclaimer I need to make regarding this topic is we are not sure of what modifications will need to be made on a right hand drive vehicle as we are unable to locate one in the states.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
350zHalleck

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Most people on this board are pretty new and dont know AAM's "colorful" (as DJamps said) history across many platforms. Regardless of the pretty CAD pictures, do your due diligence before spending the money.
colorful is putting it lightly. Even some of the OG members here seem to forget what happened in the past with AAM.

Quick Reply: ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****