Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 02:55 PM
kloudak47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 Definitely interested in seeing the HR renderings as well.

Do you guys plan to sell this kit as a self-install package? Some of the wording above seems to hint at that with R&D and instruction manual writing piece but it's not explicitly called out.

Looking forward to seeing numbers on an HR (either stock or built engine, but preferably both if it happens).
Old 07-25-2014, 08:44 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The more I look at this, the more I want it. Seriously looking into pulling my current kit and changing over to this.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

I don't even fancy boost and I want to buy it !
Old 07-26-2014, 10:36 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm sure they will get into the 370z version. With the Fast Intentions kit in that market, it will be tough unless the BW turbos significantly outperform the Garrett GTX (and/or they bring out the G versions before FI does). I have seen one dyno that did indicate this was the case, but nothing on the Nissan platform.

I would have considered a couple years back before having Dynosty build a custom system. I am surprised you do not have a shop car to demonstrate at the time of launch. Good luck AAM!

Last edited by rcdash; 07-26-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cux350z
so a $10k kit? Looks nice and the turbos are cool.

AAM, you know that the market has changed for the 350z. The last guy on here wanting to sell a kit for 10k failed. Guys on here are looking for CHEAP everything. Hell, most of them bought their Z's for under 10k and threw some busted *** wheel/tire/springs and think they should be on magazines.

They are driving the cost of used aftermarket parts into the dirt and expecting 110% performance.

Its a tough market, kudos if you can make it.

HR guys ***** and whine but theres only 2 years of them and most of the whiners would never convert to buyers anyway.
Originally Posted by IcanHaz
I absolutely agree with you. AAM has made a wonderful kit but I believe they are a few years too late for a 10k FI kit. Wishing the best of luck to AAM because this kit is really bad *** and a lot of research has gone into making it. I know I would buy this kit over any other if money was no issue.
Nice kit, but approximately 4 - 6 years too late to the VQ35 market I'm afraid. The demographic for 350Z/G35 owners has changed drastically to a predominantly young, dumb, and broke crowd.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:40 PM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Predominately, but some of us are still willing to spend the money on this little beast.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:21 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IcanHaz
I absolutely agree with you. AAM has made a wonderful kit but I believe they are a few years too late for a 10k FI kit. Wishing the best of luck to AAM because this kit is really bad *** and a lot of research has gone into making it. I know I would buy this kit over any other if money was no issue.
Originally Posted by kloudak47
+1 Definitely interested in seeing the HR renderings as well.

Do you guys plan to sell this kit as a self-install package? Some of the wording above seems to hint at that with R&D and instruction manual writing piece but it's not explicitly called out.

Looking forward to seeing numbers on an HR (either stock or built engine, but preferably both if it happens).
Regarding the "self-install" package - A lot of our design considerations were to reduce frustration during the installation by not having to fabricate, relocate, or remove any OEM parts while still connecting to all factory locations. As you can see in the FAQ we took everything into consideration regarding a "OEM" style fit and finish.

Now, with that being said - I feel confident that a "DIY'er" with the proper tools, engine lift, and a bit of experience could install this kit because it works with all existing OEM parts. I will also personally be creating the instruction manual and video to be as complete as possible. That is really one of the main purposes of our R&D program - get enough vehicles in here so I can create a step by step installation guide/video for both our dealers and DIY customers.

Now, with that being said (x2), I would not attempt this Twin Turbo system install as one of your first auto projects or if you have little to no experience working on cars. sorry - had to get some kind of disclaimer in there
Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by blue350zed
The more I look at this, the more I want it. Seriously looking into pulling my current kit and changing over to this.
If you are local or willing to get your car to MD for a few weeks, the R&D program is aggressively priced. Now would be a great time to make that decision.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:25 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rcdash
I'm sure they will get into the 370z version. With the Fast Intentions kit in that market, it will be tough unless the BW turbos significantly outperform the Garrett GTX (and/or they bring out the G versions before FI does). I have seen one dyno that did indicate this was the case, but nothing on the Nissan platform.

I would have considered a couple years back before having Dynosty build a custom system. I am surprised you do not have a shop car to demonstrate at the time of launch. Good luck AAM!
We are launching the 370 kit at the same time and accepting R&D vehicles for both platforms currently. We feel that the BW turbochargers do outperform other turbo's on the market. These BorgWarner's are just awesome to work with!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The worst part is that this is local as well, especially since I drive to Southern PA to visit family and friends most weekends.

+Subscribed.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:56 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Unicus

The worst part is that this is local as well, especially since I drive to Southern PA to visit family and friends most weekends.

+Subscribed.
Don't you mean it's the "best part" !
Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Correction, worst for the wallet.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 AM
frocker93

I am VERY interested in donating my car for R&D! I'm within an hour from Towson.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:36 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Where is that HR rendering !!! Free hand draw it , don't mind
Old 07-28-2014, 11:22 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Where is that HR rendering !!! Free hand draw it , don't mind
Disclaimer: These are not our HR Renderings. These are active renderings from our current 370Z project but are fairly close aside from the intake placement and a few other pipes/bends.

We need a HR here to confirm the fitment on the HR rendering before we can publish it unfortunately.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If I was to know a sucker who would go for this kit local, who also happened to be a non driver (they go hand in hand), could I jump in their car and get paid?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Alberto
If I was to know a sucker who would go for this kit local, who also happened to be a non driver (they go hand in hand), could I jump in their car and get paid?
We're not looking for any "suckers" Alberto, sorry.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:41 AM
aarrgghh

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Max@AAMComp
Regarding the "self-install" package - A lot of our design considerations were to reduce frustration during the installation by not having to fabricate, relocate, or remove any OEM parts while still connecting to all factory locations. As you can see in the FAQ we took everything into consideration regarding a "OEM" style fit and finish.

Now, with that being said - I feel confident that a "DIY'er" with the proper tools, engine lift, and a bit of experience could install this kit because it works with all existing OEM parts. I will also personally be creating the instruction manual and video to be as complete as possible. That is really one of the main purposes of our R&D program - get enough vehicles in here so I can create a step by step installation guide/video for both our dealers and DIY customers.

Now, with that being said (x2), I would not attempt this Twin Turbo system install as one of your first auto projects or if you have little to no experience working on cars. sorry - had to get some kind of disclaimer in there
Seriously considering your new kit for my build. I've helped a friend install a GTM TT kit on a 350Z DE (we've got a lift for vehicle and engine and have done lots of 300ZX engine pulls/installs), so I've got a few questions that I don't see mentioned specifically:

1. No OEM mods, so no relocate/delete of the wind shield washer fluid?
2. No modification to the OEM engine mounts?
3. No modification to the front fascia grill?
4. Do you know if a Haltech can run the boost solenoids, or should I use a Haltech one?
5. Trivial (just so I know), coupler color?
Old 07-28-2014, 11:54 AM
sales@aamcomp
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by aarrgghh
Seriously considering your new kit for my build. I've helped a friend install a GTM TT kit on a 350Z DE (we've got a lift for vehicle and engine and have done lots of 300ZX engine pulls/installs), so I've got a few questions that I don't see mentioned specifically:

1. No OEM mods, so no relocate/delete of the wind shield washer fluid?
2. No modification to the OEM engine mounts?
3. No modification to the front fascia grill?
4. Do you know if a Haltech can run the boost solenoids, or should I use a Haltech one?
5. Trivial (just so I know), coupler color?
In response to your questions
1 - Correct, no relocation or deletion of the windshield washer reservoir
2 - We replace the bulky OEM aluminum mounts with our own laser cut stainless mounts to allow for additional space, but the configuration does not change at all
3 - Correct, no modification to the front fascia grill
4 - The solenoids are standard and you shouldn't have any issue here
5 - Black

Let me know if you have any additional questions
Old 07-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Zume

What kind of bearings do these turbos use and are they oil lubricated and coolant cooled?

How did you deal with the turbo lub return oil? Your write-up says there is no modifying to the oem system except an oil pan spacer.

+ there are 2 air filters so I assume the OEM MAF is eliminated. AT cars need the MAF sensor in place to operate correctly....?

++ I see the CATS are deleted....What about emissions?

Last edited by Zume; 07-28-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: ***** AAM Competition's 350Z Twin Turbocharger System *****