Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

question for those running BP's twin scroll setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 07:09 PM
meanvq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for those running BP's twin scroll setup

I just have a question for those running BP's twinscroll single turbo setup. What size of compressor housing is on the turbo? If you don't know...maybe get diameter dimensions? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by meanvq
I just have a question for those running BP's twinscroll single turbo setup. What size of compressor housing is on the turbo? If you don't know...maybe get diameter dimensions? Thanks.
It's going to depend on what turbo they picked. You can figure out what size comp housing by looking up what the sizes are for t4 twin scroll precision turbos are out there...

Not really sure what you're asking, because the BP kit is kind of open ended for what turbo you can run.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:49 AM
meanvq

Originally Posted by Resmarted
It's going to depend on what turbo they picked. You can figure out what size comp housing by looking up what the sizes are for t4 twin scroll precision turbos are out there...

Not really sure what you're asking, because the BP kit is kind of open ended for what turbo you can run.
Well BP uses PTEs. If you look the 6262, 6266, 6466, and 6766 all have the option to run the E or S compressor housing. That seems to include all the kits production choices. So therein lies the question. It's not as simple as x turbo comes with x compressor housing in the PTE line up

Last edited by meanvq; 08-03-2015 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:56 AM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Why don't you just call Boosted Performance and ask them what all sizes they have done. Or what ever your real question is?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 AM
meanvq

Originally Posted by Conway_160
Why don't you just call Boosted Performance and ask them what all sizes they have done. Or what ever your real question is?
I don't have any first hand knowledge if BP would share knowledge on their kits. I know that "others" will not, just figured I would ask those that have those specific kits. Not sure what u mean by whatever your real question is...
Old 08-05-2015, 03:12 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

All the twin scroll kits have the SP compressor covers.
The following users liked this post:
meanvq (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 12:45 PM
meanvq

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
All the twin scroll kits have the SP compressor covers.
Btw you wouldn't happen to be interested in using a BW Airwerks turbo in ur build? I am not a big PTE fan at all and would prefer not to use their product
Old 08-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

I would think as long as you pay for the turbo and they can get it to work you can use what ever turbo you want.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:40 PM
meanvq

Originally Posted by Conway_160
I would think as long as you pay for the turbo and they can get it to work you can use what ever turbo you want.

depends....their jigs may or may not work with the BW's. Housing sizes, clearances, fittings etc may change fitment. Unless they have first hand knowledge it will work its a gamble.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

depends....their jigs may or may not work with the BW's. Housing sizes, clearances, fittings etc may change fitment. Unless they have first hand knowledge it will work its a gamble.
^^^This.

The BW turbos also have ridiculously large compressor covers, so it would have to be built on the car...not to mention a different turbine inlet/outlet offset.

If you want to go nuts with this turbo kit, go with the 6870 with a T4 1.32 A/R turbine. That is a 110lbs/min turbo and fits just fine with the twin scroll kit.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 08-05-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:54 AM
meanvq

^^^This.

The BW turbos also have ridiculously large compressor covers, so it would have to be built on the car...not to mention a different turbine inlet/outlet offset.

If you want to go nuts with this turbo kit, go with the 6870 with a T4 1.32 A/R turbine. That is a 110lbs/min turbo and fits just fine with the twin scroll kit.
Problem is I am not a big PTE fan. Not a very reliable turbo and their customer service is garbage. Over here in VQ land 99% of boosted cars don't get above 10 psi... Which is really just child's play. So perhaps that's the reason PTEs aren't known for their failures over here.

Last edited by meanvq; 08-06-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:03 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Garrett I would think could also be made to fit. Not sure Sasha has had a customer ask for one though for a test fit.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Problem is I am not a big PTE fan. Not a very reliable turbo and their customer service is garbage. Over here in VQ land 99% of boosted cars don't get above 10 psi... Which is really just child's play. So perhaps that's the reason PTEs aren't known for their failures over here.
The BB units are just fine. They have a much better thrust bearing system and will hold up to whatever you throw at them.

Garrett turbos (the large frame units) also have the large compressors that would not fit. I think the GTX4088R is the largest that could possibly fit....can't remember the specs on it off the top of my head.

Also, anything with a turbine discharge larger than 3" could be a problem with the twin scroll kit. It is very tight in that area. This is why the PTE turbos have worked so well for me. They have a good selection of turbine with 3" discharge flanges.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 08-06-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:54 AM
meanvq

The BB units are just fine. They have a much better thrust bearing system and will hold up to whatever you throw at them.

Garrett turbos (the large frame units) also have the large compressors that would not fit. I think the GTX4088R is the largest that could possibly fit....can't remember the specs on it off the top of my head.

Also, anything with a turbine discharge larger than 3" could be a problem with the twin scroll kit. It is very tight in that area. This is why the PTE turbos have worked so well for me. They have a good selection of turbine with 3" discharge flanges.
I agree the ball bearing ones are much more reliable in the PTE lineup. Just wish they didn't come with such a steep price tag.