Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Z1 motorsports 350z supercharger kit. Why no reviews on it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:21 PM
ssmokeyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z1 motorsports 350z supercharger kit. Why no reviews on it?

I have been looking at fi kits and the z1 kit seems like it should be at the top of the list. But I haven't seen any reviews for it or video. I know a lot of people like the vortech kit. I have been looking for a bolt on fi kit and this one seems really good and has a great price tag. I live in a city of no great Nissan. Tuners. English racing is the closet one I would trust to tune any Nissan.. Does any one know of a good turbo kit that comes pre tuned? Seems like fi kits are getting harder to get you're hands on these days. I know there are kits just seems like less of them.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

The Z1 kit is just a vortech kit plain and simple, if you want reviews just look up vortech reviews.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:17 AM
ssmokeyy

I know the vortech part is just a repackaged kit but I'm wondering about there ecu and tunes they install. Are they safe tunes and do they make more power than the base vortech kit?
Old 10-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Probably a little different, but is going to make that big of a difference no.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Logiqal

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmokeyy
I know the vortech part is just a repackaged kit but I'm wondering about there ecu and tunes they install. Are they safe tunes and do they make more power than the base vortech kit?
You don't get a tune with that nor do you get an ecu, you get the software license, and a MAF GT. You still have to find a place to tune it. A custom tune will make more power then the canned piggyback box that comes with base Vortech kit that you mentioned. Whenever you increase power you are decreasing safety. Custome tunes allow you more scalability if you want to add additional upgrades. The poggyback module that Vortech offers is intended for a stock vehicle with their supercharger.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:23 PM
vegasanthony

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Logiqal
You don't get a tune with that nor do you get an ecu, you get the software license, and a MAF GT. You still have to find a place to tune it. A custom tune will make more power then the canned piggyback box that comes with base Vortech kit that you mentioned. Whenever you increase power you are decreasing safety. Custome tunes allow you more scalability if you want to add additional upgrades. The poggyback module that Vortech offers is intended for a stock vehicle with their supercharger.

yep..its like the tuner kit offered from vortech..no tune included
Old 10-05-2016, 10:27 PM
ssmokeyy

Thats not really a turn key kit than like they list on there site. So no matter what I'm going to have to ship my car out of my town to get tuned.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:53 AM
Logiqal

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmokeyy
Thats not really a turn key kit than like they list on there site. So no matter what I'm going to have to ship my car out of my town to get tuned.
If you want a turn key solution then you can buy the tuner kit from Vortech for about $4500. I have the 3 remaining parts that I could sell you that will make it the complete turn key solution. I have the FMU, inline fuel pump, and piggy back box. These items have about 7K miles on them. It's the safest way to go because these tunes are made to run very rich when under boost. Also, you don't have to worry about the check engine lights, and going back and forth to the tuner because they didn't get the tune right.