Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Pcv delete?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Pcv delete?

Ok so i have done the research and read through many post here on the forum, but im still a bit confuse so please bare with me.

My plan is to get an oil catch can for the passenger pvc side. Valve plugs into the inlet on the can, outlet goes to the plenum. Done. Sinple right?

My issue is the driver side. My understanding is the crank case is plug into the intak system before the MAF sensor. My question is, can i just remove the hose, and run a breather filter where the hose connects to the crank case?

​​​From my reading, it says something about removing the valve cover and drilling out the valve? Do i need to do that? Cant i just stick the filter right where i hose would connect?

I plan on running my air filter directly on the turbo so no need to patch the intake pipe.

Last edited by turboed350z; 01-05-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:11 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

No.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
With no intake pipe then no good source for vacuum.
You want low vacuum at idle, high vacuum under boost.
Could try exhaust but that is harder to do correctly.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
No.
Yes.
No.
Yes.
With no intake pipe then no good source for vacuum.
You want low vacuum at idle, high vacuum under boost.
Could try exhaust but that is harder to do correctly.
So youre saying i can simply install a breather, but the catch can is going to be different?

I was thinking of the catch can for the passenger side. My car is a DE with a single turbo kit. The intake routes from the turbo to the front of the car right on top of the crash bar i was thinking instead of patching the hole as i read to do, just remove the pipe and install the air filter directly on the turbo, is that a bad idea?