Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

I got bit by the bug. Supercharger Questions (Eaton M90)

Old 05-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Raja Harrison
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jerryd87
the reason the stillen kit had the ceiling it did wasnt because it wasnt scale able nor anything at all wrong with a roots style blower. The reason it didnt make power was because it used the tiny m62 eaton, the smallest one they make(or was at the time i guess they have a m45 now also) its the same one the cobalt ss uses. considering the warranty stillen offers it makes perfect sense why they used what they did. they went to procharger for the newer engines because its easier to do with dual throttle bodies.

the m90 peaks out at roughly 150% of the flow of the m62 and only about 14% less than the m112 the terminator cobras come with, the whole 62 cubic inches, 90 cubic inchs, ect. per rotation was for the very first gen 1's they flow far more than that in later iterations. however it will need a custom lower to bolt on and get the pulleys to line up properly.

despite what others are arguing here roush used these on the 4.6 3 valve mustangs as well and was enough to hit the limit of their factory internals(450 hp on a blower). just because it only pushs 260 hp on the gm 3800 doesn't mean much those engines are tough as hell but they arnt very efficient and the blowers only hit about 6 psi at most with 8.5 compression at that 260 hp. guys have pushed them to 20 psi with 10:1 compression on e85.

the blower is more than capable of putting out enough to bust the factory rods
Thank you. Someone willing to put some thought into what they say. And actually do research
The following users liked this post:
Mamiph (03-18-2021)
Old 05-09-2019, 09:02 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Raja Harrison
I’m tired of reading this idiocy. Dude have there heads so far up there *** they think that they can tell someone something with knowledge they don’t have. You don’t know about making it work with a 350z. So don’t talk about how hard it is.
The members on this thread have years (if not decades) with this platform. We're being real … theres a reason you lit-up a thread that was destined to not take flight and die. And theres a reason Trap Star (with all due respect hasn't updated this thread.

And the fab is literally and eyeball job
Right...eye-ball job

And your rigid idea of thought will die with your old *** because it has no pretense of diversity.
Riiiigggghhhhhtttttt….

No you don’t. Too much idiocy �� use your head. If you have one.
youre insulting (dare I say) one of the top 10? 15? 20? smartest/most resourceful members on this forum. I would invite you to read RC's posts and see what he's accomplished before you insult him.

please use the paragraph/return button on your post so we can read them.

ohhhhh - funk it! I just wasted 9minutes replying to this troll … I'm done, I'm out...I'll never get my 9minutes back!

Last edited by bealljk; 05-09-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:30 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

this is raja douche responding to this thread, not to mention some of the things he quoted are over a year old. typical know it all noob

bealljk (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 10:36 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,265 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I’m tired of reading this idiocy. Dude have there heads so far up there *** they think that they can tell someone something with knowledge they don’t have. You don’t know about making it work with a 350z. So don’t talk about how hard it is. Your perception of why Stillen switched is dumb opportune ******** because your reluctant to believe this build is possible. Which nobody gives a **** keep your comments to yourself. Thirdly. Just because he had half a brain to source a blower for cheap doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the other half that would allow him to spend what is needed ( not a lot by the way) to complete the build. You. Sir are just a shitty innovator . Which explains why your in the heckler seat with nothing but mouth and speculation while he’s driving the I’m going to do something common sense can figure out seat. Smh. I really made an account to respond because I was so fed up with your “It’s A PIpe DreAm” ********. Yeah. Putting a turbo on my maxima was a pipe dream at one point. It took someone smarter than you ****s to hear the ******** come out of people like yours mouth and disregard because common sense and ingenuity prevailed. Couple of key points. It’s not more expensive to fab than a turbo kit. Quite a lot cheaper. If you have half a brain with half an idea. Secondly. It won’t fall in its face the same way a Vortech wouldn’t. Thirdly. Boost is boost. Especially when you have a reasonable ho goal like 350. A gen 5 m90 ported on a stock 3.2 belt will get your house numbers. And the fab is literally and eyeball job. Find a way to mount it to your LIM. Or go all out and fabricate an LIM. ILL GIVE YOU A HINT. ONE IS CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE INTELLIGENCE. YOU GET OPTIONS THAT HAVE THEIR PROS AND CONS. Not discouraging ******** talk with not one single one off build as an example of your innovation. Which you don’t have at all. Which is why you’ll continue to be a consumer with no fathomable idea of what it means to have original thought to produce things that haven’t already been done before. Nobody is reinventing the wheel. Your just to dumb to see that variety is the spice of life. And your rigid idea of thought will die with your old *** because it has no pretense of diversity.
I'll respond with my best 6th grader response... "F*** off"!
Old 05-09-2019, 02:42 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Now the dust will settle. Don't try these tricks at home-

Old 05-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I enjoyed this thread. XD
Old 08-28-2019, 07:57 AM
Ryan Ashby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update!

Eaton M90 for sale on fb marketplace
Batavia ohio
$100
wah wah wah......
lol
Old 07-05-2021, 11:07 AM
Mamiph

I picked one up myself been trying to sell it but people either want to pay you peanuts for it or trash it and then offer you peanuts for it. Most people don't want to put in the time to come up with anything new or be like "Dumb your only going to get 350 hp" like 350 wouldn't be fun in a Z. Quick to tell you just buy this or that it's only x amount of money but I get it. I bet the first guy that said I'm gonna try to put this junkyard LS in my Z caught a lot of crap for it but now they fit in better than the VQ with the ability for way more power. I think it would be cool to pull off power gains from a supercharger people took a dump on. Then again I would like to put an LS in my Z and put my VQ in my 3rd gen RS Camaro which would be an improvement 160 HP to 280ish HP and yes I would straight pipe it LOL.

Last edited by Mamiph; 07-05-2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-05-2021, 12:29 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by Mamiph
I picked one up myself been trying to sell it but people either want to pay you peanuts for it or trash it and then offer you peanuts for it. Most people don't want to put in the time to come up with anything new or be like "Dumb your only going to get 350 hp" like 350 wouldn't be fun in a Z. Quick to tell you just buy this or that it's only x amount of money but I get it. I bet the first guy that said I'm gonna try to put this junkyard LS in my Z caught a lot of crap for it but now they fit in better than the VQ with the ability for way more power. I think it would be cool to pull off power gains from a supercharger people took a dump on. Then again I would like to put an LS in my Z and put my VQ in my 3rd gen RS Camaro which would be an improvement 160 HP to 280ish HP and yes I would straight pipe it LOL.
2 years late to the party.....I would say cool story, but it wasn't
Old 08-18-2022, 09:27 AM
BernardRahn

Default It works fine

I meeeean.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:40 PM
Mamiph

Default What your coll story

Originally Posted by travlee
2 years late to the party.....I would say cool story, but it wasn't
That was helpful thanks your to cool you were here 2 years ago cool story bro. Just wondering have you done anything to your Z.
Maybe share an idea or tip or trick you like how forums are supposed to work.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:59 PM
travlee
Master

That was helpful thanks your to cool you were here 2 years ago cool story bro. Just wondering have you done anything to your Z.
Placeholder for my response tomorrow

Last edited by travlee; 12-19-2022 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2022, 07:31 PM
travlee
Master

And you deleted your post, figured you would hence why I quoted it
Old 12-19-2022, 10:21 PM
Mamiph

Originally Posted by travlee
And you deleted your post, figured you would hence why I quoted it
I didn't delete it but here it is nothing to hide. "That was helpful thanks you're to cool you were here 2 years ago cool story bro. Just wondering have you done anything to your Z.
Maybe share an idea or tip a trick. You know like how forums are supposed to work."
Old 12-20-2022, 02:53 AM
travlee
Master

I didn't delete it but here it is nothing to hide. "That was helpful thanks you're to cool you were here 2 years ago cool story bro. Just wondering have you done anything to your Z.
Maybe share an idea or tip a trick. You know like how forums are supposed to work."
someone deleted it, because it is gone... and only lives because i quoted it
timeline of thread, original post 5/2019, you responded 7/5/21 after the thread has been dead for 2 years, i mention it to you and then 17 months later you respond to me. yes, i did comment on the thread ... back in 2019 when it was active

as far as what i have done to my z, nothing in the last 7 years because i sold it and got into corvettes, feel free to look at my profile to see everything i did to the z when i had it
Old 12-20-2022, 04:12 AM
Legacy406

Received 3,272 Likes on 2,573 Posts

He definitely deleted the post. A mod wouldn't delete a comment like his (I'd know considering I was one). At least be a man about it. Also, putting a VQ in a Camaro sounds as dumb as the dude who wanted to put a M3 engine in his Z.

Last edited by Legacy406; 12-20-2022 at 04:16 AM.
travlee (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 06:54 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Gentlemen, I deleted it by accident (was deleting something else from a non-existent vendor and got a little exuberant). It has been restored. Flame on.
Legacy406 (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 10:45 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

ruh roh
Old 12-20-2022, 01:09 PM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,055 Likes on 745 Posts

Must be new here.

Enjoy your stay!
e30cabrio (12-20-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 11:36 AM
The Bull

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BernardRahn

I meeeean.
Got to give it to you for following through.

I too am going to sound negative about this thread even after your comment of a Z sliding.

Answers I expect:
Old car
Got it for cheap
I had all the parts
I know how to fab
To prove a point

We see this in forums all the time, folks who just entered the world, are creative, enthusiastic about their new acquired ride, possibly their first v6 or RWD vehicle. In reality the weakest point of the Z33 is the DE engine in standard form. They do take significant work to make the power their predecessors make without forced induction.

Because of this better engine and how much more money it takes to buy a vehicle equipped with one of these engines, it has those people looking at these first gen Z33. Because of how unforgiving the DE can be to some it causes these vehicles to become junk for many except for that dreamy kid that wants to show the world their potential and live on criticism, some get themselves into this situation subconsciously and all end the same way.

If you pay attention to the OP posts, he talks about getting parts that were taken hostage at 'A house' and having 4 project cars - this screams like a divorce or rupture of a relationship because of his inability to differentiate inefficient ideas vs criticism. You then add 4 project cars? It's clear as day that some of your circuitry is out of whack? who takes 4 project cars and on one of them you want to half *** boost? Most of decently powered VQ engines are not strangers to tuners, tuning is something he would have to visit quite a bit on that supercharger which would kill his budget. Like many had guessed 5 years ago happened, the OP never got anywhere, probably doesnt even have any of those 4 cars. Lack of prioritizing his priorities eventually got the best of him.

It's a bit sad, you want to get it to click for people without sounding like a dick and pessimistic however we end up doing the math for the people by entertaining ideas just for the sake of the argument, we waste sooooo much energy and time for folks to get their feelings get the best of them.

What is even sadder is creating a profile on a forum just so you can reply off heightened emotions, swearing and name dropping thinking the scare tactics you use at home are going to work here. Sorry homie. Welcome to the real world.

As for the picture, I have to applaud commitment. I'm sure you've had quite some challenges to make it work and though it works for you it doesn't mean this is the right way to go for others. For a drift missile anything goes man however
You'll always have to fight air temps on premium octane if you're using that.
Looks like chit honestly.
Though it makes power, when you combine ALL of the efforts: Time, Money, Labor, etc. you could have done it many ways and even better ways.
Mamiph (12-21-2022)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got bit by the bug. Supercharger Questions (Eaton M90)