Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TD06H 20G center sections

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:27 AM
TT03Z

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry by piston rings I meant the sealing rings in the chra's. And yes the Greddy kit has oil restrictors on the turbo side of the feed lines. This is to help stop flow to the turbos so the drains can keep up. By all rights yes a 1mm restricted feed line should drain through a -10 an line without a problem. But in the event that there is crankcase pressure the pressure can restrict the oil flow out of the turbos which would cause it to back up in the chra and push past the seals. I'm thinking I have it taken care of but need to check shaft play tonight. If theres no shaft play I think im in the clear. If theres shaft play I will be upgrading the turbos to a larger internal design like a FP red or black. The physical size of the turbos is the same so they should bolt right up and flow a ton more. I will keep you guys posted on what I find and end up doing.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:47 PM
TT03Z

Ok guys I finally got this situation sorted out...after the turbos finally took a dump last weekend. I called Forced Performance today and asked about rebuild and upgrade options. They told me with the same frame I could go with the FP red green or black. Black it is. They said this turbo flows 71 lbs per min. Which equates to around 1400 flywheel hp combined potential. To do all of the machine work on my turbos I'm looking at around $1600 for both turbos to rebuild and upgrade. For those of you who have the Greddy kit u know that it's not possible to run a larger frame turbo in the 350Z platform so this will be an awesome upgrade with a lot more potential. I'm excited to get them off the car and to forced performance and get this beast going again. Next season more boost more power and lots of hurt feelings haha.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 959 Likes on 724 Posts

What are specs on FP black...dimensions.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:32 PM
TT03Z

Originally Posted by Cux350z
What are specs on FP black...dimensions.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:24 PM
TT03Z

Well I found my suspected bad turbo. No shafts were broken or damaged wheels luckily but the thrust bearing in the close up picture is trashed. Seeing them off to Forced performance tomorrow to get rebuilt and upgraded.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:31 PM
TT03Z

One thing that was quite concerning and will have to be looked into is there was quite a bit of oil trapped in the turbo drain line. After I drained the engine oil there should've been minimal oil in the drain line if they were routed and draining properly I may have to look into doing scavenge pumps this go around. This is how I have my turbo drains routed.