Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 02:55 PM
baptist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see some other kits out there. 400 bhp sounds good however you look at it!
Old 03-31-2004, 03:05 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by G35SC T.T.
you dont belive me

i have the sheet to prove it

so i guess no one else can tune these cars, except ts or jotec.
no offense to either of them.

but what gets me is that you people doubt everything. will post dyno sheet later

and how come no one jumped on skiddazle for having wastegates that dump to atmoshpere. so is that why hes making all that power

and this kit makes the same power at 6.4

its hard to fathom that this kit does it with, no timing control and only makes 6.4lbs of boost......stock

and my car is auto

maybe this kit is more efficient at making power than the others
My fellow G driver

You beat me to the title of the first TT G35! Hey at least I'll be the first TT sedan. Nice to demonstrate that the AT IS in fact not inferior in way of power production. Also nice that we won't have to spend thousands on clutch replacements every once in a while.

I do not doubt that you are making 406 at 6.5 psi. That is in fact doable IMO. I am just worried about stock aggressive timings at that boost level. It seems that your A/F prevents detonation, but the margin of safety is very small to be sure (again, IMHO).

Get it to Technosquare, especially since you are an AT car. Todashi will program the throttle plate NOT to close before shifts, raise your redline, and properly adjust your timing for ultimate safety.

By the way, what other mods are you running If you haev the Crawford plenum, that may be the explanation of the higher numbers, exhaust, cats/test pipes?

Gurgen

Last edited by GurgenPB; 03-31-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:06 PM
zimbo

That's possible. But please don't fault people for attempting to explain the disparity. Nobody is saying you're a liar, nobody is doubting your credibility--but there is indeed a disparity.

Among the possible contributing factors:

- Lack of wastegates
- Lack of timing retard
- Lack of SAE correction
- A/F ratio
- Dyno variability
- Magic

--Steve
Old 03-31-2004, 03:12 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by zimbo
That's possible. But please don't fault people for attempting to explain the disparity. Nobody is saying you're a liar, nobody is doubting your credibility--but there is indeed a disparity.

Among the possible contributing factors:

- Lack of wastegates
- Lack of timing retard
- Lack of SAE correction
- A/F ratio
- Dyno variability
- Magic

--Steve
Good points, Steve. I vote for # 2 on your list and possibly #5 as the conditions contributing to the very good numbers that he's getting here.

However, it IS possible that histurbosare more efficient.

Also, don't forget that PE TT at 7 psi made 400 at the wheels on a 6MT Z (you can guess whose). So, the numbers are NOT out of the question. If he is running the crawford plenum (which I am planning to do, those numbers are doable). But I am betting that it is the aggressive timings.

Gurgen
Old 03-31-2004, 03:32 PM
spazpilot

you dont belive me

i have the sheet to prove it

so i guess no one else can tune these cars, except ts or jotec.
no offense to either of them.

but what gets me is that you people doubt everything. will post dyno sheet later

and how come no one jumped on skiddazle for having wastegates that dump to atmoshpere. so is that why hes making all that power

and this kit makes the same power at 6.4

its hard to fathom that this kit does it with, no timing control and only makes 6.4lbs of boost......stock

and my car is auto

Its not that I don't believe you. It just I have a hard time believing that you made that power with only 6.4psi of boost. Skiddazzles car has a similar setup to yours and pulled 400 with 8 psi. so did I and yancy. The pe kit makes only 380 to the wheel at 7psi so I would guess 8 psi is still 400. Granted the pe kit and greddy is not the best of kits compared to a custom setup but what about skiddazle's car? As for timing, you should really consider some kind of timing control. Plain and simple its just not safe to run that kind of power to the wheels with a factory timing map. so like I said the 400 is not the problem its just the 6.4psi. Like Zimbo said it could just be the variable factors between there dyno and everyone elses. ps here is my dyno if you could post yours I would like to compare the two. Thanks CJ
Attached Thumbnails Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs-greddy-18.jpg  
Old 03-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

G35 guy, I am interested in learning more about how this "black box" is actually tuning your car. What is the black controlling? Just the injectors?

We are all here trying to learn as much as we can, so please don't get defensive when we ask questions. As SkiDazzle mentioned, it's not that we don't believe you...I am sure you pulled the 400hp, but we want to understand how? There has been a pretty consistent pattern of psi vs. HP on these TT cars...so you're number are just well outside the norm. Again...not impossible...but just unusual.

Also, what kind of dyno did they use? Was this SAE corrected HP?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:54 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

That's not my info. I was told it was 400rwhp at 7psi! I am not sure what the exhaust setup was, but they DID pull 400 (maybe wth test pipes). Does skidazzle or the 8psi Greddy running 400hp on stock cats?

--Gurgen
Old 03-31-2004, 05:24 PM
spazpilot

8psi was with the rt cats and the borla true duel for me. skiddazzle's car is running a custom exhaust with straight pipes.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:08 PM
zimbo

Spazpilot, it looks to me from your plot as though your A/F ratio at 6400 RPMs is 13.0. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you want to be at 12.0 or less above 5000 RPMs?

--Steve
Old 03-31-2004, 07:14 PM
spazpilot

zimbo:

yep on the dyno it reach 12.7, but that was correct when I added the walbro fuel pump and the aeromotive FPR that is Pressure regulated 1 to 1 per boost. I have not dynoed it since then but had the a/f check with a wideband o2 and it now stays between 11.2 and 11.5 all the way to redline (7100). I am hoping to get a new dyno because I have added some other mods since then. stay tuned I will try to find my old post on the install and update it in a month. Aiming for the 500 mark
Old 03-31-2004, 07:57 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by spazpilot
8psi was with the rt cats and the borla true duel for me. skiddazzle's car is running a custom exhaust with straight pipes.
Well, that confirms what I was thinking. You guys have awesome setups, don't get me wrong, but it truly looks as though PE is far more efficient, providing 400 hp at 7psi (with what I think were straight pipes). Greddy/custom one needs an extra psi to reach that level.

It is very possible to squeeze 400 rwhp out of 6.5 osi with less then safe timings (as 400 was reached with very safe, retarded timings).

Gurgen
Old 03-31-2004, 08:15 PM
MIAPLAYA

HOLY ****...Deja Vu. This guy did the EXACT same thing with the B15. Said he was running like 4-5 PSI on a T4. Blew up the motor. Disappeared. I will not be buying this, thats for DAMN sure.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by zimbo
That's simply not true. There have been several documented cases of motors blowing at 7psi and one at 6psi.

--Steve
Well still look at the fuel supply, it has nothing to do with retarding timing, in complex new systems you at least need to have control over fuel pressure as just a base, a simple Vortech FMU will require a complete fuel return line.

Last edited by SSR Engineering; 03-31-2004 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:49 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by gq_model_626
G35 guy, I am interested in learning more about how this "black box" is actually tuning your car. What is the black controlling? Just the injectors?

We are all here trying to learn as much as we can, so please don't get defensive when we ask questions. As SkiDazzle mentioned, it's not that we don't believe you...I am sure you pulled the 400hp, but we want to understand how? There has been a pretty consistent pattern of psi vs. HP on these TT cars...so you're number are just well outside the norm. Again...not impossible...but just unusual.

Also, what kind of dyno did they use? Was this SAE corrected HP?
The black box runs off of MAF voltage like most Air / Fuel controllers, except it has alot more features then just a simple S-AFC. The numbers are corrected, yes.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:49 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
HOLY ****...Deja Vu. This guy did the EXACT same thing with the B15. Said he was running like 4-5 PSI on a T4. Blew up the motor. Disappeared. I will not be buying this, thats for DAMN sure.
And greddy blew up a few 350z motors, so did top secret, better put them on your list for no-go's
Old 03-31-2004, 08:52 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by Drag Limited
yeah but its still a T3, not exactly leading edge technology there at all. Good kit and nice number nevertheless.
Neither are mitsubishi diesel turbos
Old 03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
SSR Engineering

Oh and when we dynoed, we dynoed in 3rd gear, not 4th where there is the 1:1 ratio and the most power. So theoretically this kit could still produce another 10-15-20WHP in 4th gear @ 6.4 PSI
Old 03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
RIVET

Default Timing is HUGE on this car.

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
Well still look at the fuel supply, it has nothing to do with retarding timing, in complex new systems you at least need to have control over fuel pressure as just a base, a simple Vortech FMU will require a complete stainless return line.
I'm sure you have experience with this car but so do a lot of other VERY competent companies and all have come to the same conclusion sooner(STILLEN) or later(ATI), timing control is paramount in FI applications on the VG35. If you don't address this you'll regret it.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:22 PM
JonathanG35

Default Re: Timing is HUGE on this car.

lets see the dyno sheet and af

if it is good, i will be in line to buy this kit.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:05 AM
zimbo

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
Well still look at the fuel supply, it has nothing to do with retarding timing
I sure hope G35SC T.T. doesn't live to regret your naivete.

--Steve

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo System completed! 402 WHP @ 6.4 Lbs