Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

hks supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 07:33 AM
deez350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hks supercharger?

HKS supercharger

its the 6th one for the top. has anyone heard anything about it??
Old 04-13-2004, 10:18 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I asked about it at SEMA... they quoted a ridiculous "$6000 MSRP and gains of 65-70rwhp to bring the Z to about 305rwhp"

Either the rep had no idea what he was talking about, or they're really trying to fail with this kit.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:01 AM
philsill350z
Banned

i know all about the hks my boss is sponsered by them if i can find a way i will scan the insert in our hks book but as far as i know, it comes with the pro damper and a set of volk racing wheels to finsish the kit off to get the most out of your car
Old 04-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by philsill350z
i know all about the hks my boss is sponsered by them if i can find a way i will scan the insert in our hks book but as far as i know, it comes with the pro damper and a set of volk racing wheels to finsish the kit off to get the most out of your car

Come again...hugh? What kind of marketing guys came up with that one? Whom in their right mind would buy a supercharger kit that includes aftermarket wheels?? Wheels are such a personal decision, it would be ludicrious to include them in an F/I kit...especially since the two items are totally unrelated to one another. Just my $.02

I agree with ZXSAINT, this product is destined to fail unless they reconfigure their offering...and very quickly.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:44 PM
philsill350z
Banned

i didnt wanna have to type all this but-

los angles- after a long haitus,hks used the 350z as the platform vehicle to get back intothe supercharger buissness with the launch of its all-new hks/rotrex super charger. the collaborative effort beetween hks and rotrex has resulted im the ultimate driving expierience. what makes this s/c so unique is it is lighter and more compact compared to traditional chargers. this s.c was developed with 3d cad software to ensure easy instalation without any major mods to factory equptment. the s.c features a built in compressor housing and front mount air to air intercooler which were newly desighned to improve spool up and heat dissapation,
to aid with the increased performance the s/c will also feature a upgraded fuel pump and special fuel computer, for engine cooling and lubrication, the s/c will have a traction oil tank specially desighned oil cooler to keep engines specially formulated s/c traction oil regulated 2 additional 525cc injectors have been added to the vehicle
the s/c will be mounted by a high performance cast alumn hks tuned bracket for precise location of the s/c . pullies and timing belts have been mached perfectly with the s/c and as with most hks systems the charger will come with hks super mega flow system and hks bypass valve.
THE 2003 HKS 350Z ALSO COMEES WITH HKS ALL NEW HIPERMAX RACING SPORT COIL OVER SYSTEM. THIS SPECIALY ENGINEERD SYSTEM IS THE FIRST HIPERMAX LINE TO BE ENGINEERED AS A TRULY GLOBAL SUSPENSION SYSTEM. HKS TO DELIVER A WHOLLE PACKAGE THAT PROVIDES THE DRIVER WITH SUPERIOR CONTROL AND GRIP PF THE PAVMENT,HKS WORK WITH THE AUTO INDUSTIRES 2 VETS IN MICHELIN AND VOLK RACING, THE WHEELS ARE WRAPPED IN MICH PILOT SPORT TIRES (255-35-19) FOR THE FRONT AND (295-35-19 FOR THE REAR THE HKS 350Z WILL FEATURE 19X8.5 AND 19X10.5 GIVING THE CAR AND AGGRESIVE STANCE ON THE TRACK. STOPPING POWER WILL BE FROM BREMBOS GT BRAKE UP GRADE PACKAGE WICH INCLUDED 2 PIECE ROTORS AND 4 PISTON CALIPERS FOR DYNAMIC BREAKING.

WOW THAT WAS ALOT TO TYPE OUT OF THIS HKS BOOK
Old 04-13-2004, 08:06 PM
ragtopz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so it is $6000 for the supercharger, suspension, brakes, wheels and tires?

that cannot be right huh? that would be a pretty awesome deal.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:02 AM
philsill350z
Banned

if i can get ot my friends house tongiht ill scan the actual informaton
Old 04-14-2004, 09:39 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Sorry that's nonsense. The article apparently refers to the stats HKS-equipped 350Z.

The supercharger kit is a standalone product and it's absolutely crazy to even think you'll be forced to buy coilovers and wheels with it. They don't even manufacture those wheels -- why would it be part of the cost?

My guess is that $6000 is an inflated price, and the gains are underrated. Why? because tuner companies think it's cool to BS the facts, play games, and keep secrets -- it's part of the industry trend. It's a marketing ploy and once it's available they'll switch it up and provide some real stats.

Unfortunately, I think too many are going to get turned off to begin with and they're going to lose a lot of potential sales of people thay may of held out for it.

...then again, maybe the rep had no idea what he was talking about? I'd catagorize those gains and the price as a rumor -- the guy didn't seem too bright.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:04 PM
phile

The kits looks pretty nice under the hood. Since, I'm not going to make final judgements till the HSK SC comes out...lets pretend it came out at 6K, and only added like 60whp.

"So, you got the HKS supercharger huh? How much did you pay for that baby?"

"oh, around 6K minus installation"

"wow, that thing must put down some SERIOUS power!"

"I could have gotten more power out of a type-r sticker... BUT IT LOOKS REAL NICE!!"