Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

$14,060 Installed Greddy & Gages

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
SQUILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PoWeRtRiP
one thing i wanted to point out is just because you pay more for an install to get more safety features does not inherently make it more reliable. i do not agree with the assumption that you pay more for quality work, personally the only work i trust 100% is the work i do myself. if i get a tt kit i will install it myself then let someone else tune it. some of these extras that shops add on are unnecessary it is up to you to decide what you need to run with. i am still waiting to determine whether a turbo kit is even reliable on these motors, plz keep in mind that it is much too early to say that they can handle boost as most have only had tt kits for <10k miles most <5k. it is likely we will see lots of blown head gaskets, and definitely some other issues which will point out the weak spots in the drivetrain.
Few things everyone with the greddy kit trying to boost over 7psi are having problems with tuning the engine for proper a/f ratios and timing due to the limitations of the stock fuel system.

in this 14k install quote there is two em/turbo controllers and a complete revamp of the stock fuel system to address these issues..

I make no claims to the reliability of the stock motor on 9-10 psi of boost just the proper tuning at 9-or 10psi.

its one thing for the motor to fail due to improper tuning and another thing for the motor to fail due only to weakness of the internal engine componets..

What i mean by safer/more reliable is that it looks to me that every blown moter on forced induction has blown due to lean conditions/detonation because the tuning couldnt provide a proper A/f ratio/timing retard due to the limitations of stock fuel system and or the em controller.

If this system provides perfect tuning at any boost level and the motor fails this will not be the fault of their system it will just be that the motor can not handle it , this is what i ment.

I dont know about the longevity of properly tuned turbo systems on our vq block either but like i said i havent seen a blown motor due to anything other than lack of proper tuning.

well their was the guy that ran a 375hp shot of nos and blew the motor but that really doesnt apply here or suprise anyone anyway!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Rayden2001

Default Re: Re: Re: $14,060 Installed Greddy & Gages

Originally posted by Evo Hybrid
Labors are cheap now a day huh....
=Just for a basic greddy install with fmic,those were the prices given to me. From many shops, not just one. If you want a list of shops that gave me these prices pm me, instead of the smart reply. THIS IS JUST INSTALLING WHAT ALL COMES WITH THE GREDDY KIT! Not adding all the other gizmos that should of came with the kit.

Last edited by Rayden2001; 05-12-2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:11 PM
RegalZ

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: $14,060 Installed Greddy & Gages

Originally posted by Rayden2001
=Just for a basic greddy install with fmic,those were the prices given to me. From many shops, not just one. If you want a list of shops that gave me these prices pm me, instead of the smart reply. THIS IS JUST INSTALLING WHAT ALL COMES WITH THE GREDDY KIT! Not adding all the other gizmos that should of came with the kit.
Agreed, there are a lot of shops out there ripping people off just for the basic install, not including any special fuel system etc.

As far as getting what you pay for, I would be affraid of a shop that charged that much because they either don't know what they are doing or are knowingly ripping you off. I went with Z1 Motorsports because they did a great job on my Z32, built block and PE 1420 turbos pushing over 500rwhp and safely tuned at 11.5 A/F.

I just hope people don't assume if they pay that much they will get that much better work, it just doesnt always work that way.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:35 PM
jon350z

yah so how reliable is the greddy TT kit for an everyday driver, how could the oem clutch hold up on that kind of power..... you would have to upgrade which means you gotta deal with aggressive engagement and other nonsense!!!! or am i wrong, how could stock internals hold up to 5psi , and for how long? so what exactly do i need for a safe reliable TT Z? sorry not to steal the show but it seems like everyone knows what there talkin about in here so i though i would ask.......
Old 07-31-2004, 07:57 PM
TwoNosBottles

Change these items

Flywheel, Clutch, Pistons, SparkPlugs, Exhaust, Suspension, the Hood and upgrade to a big brake kit. I dont think i missed anything. But If you got the dough buy a civic lol.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:37 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

OUCH !!!

http://www.350zfrenzy.com/forum/show...&threadid=5229
Old 12-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy ancient thread batman! WTF?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:18 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

this thread really bothers me...a shop can overcharge someone that much and still sleep at night.. pathetic!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Aquineas

Damn, I went through two pages of this before I realized this thread started in May...
Old 12-10-2004, 08:47 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

actually it started in april...but who's keeping track?
Old 12-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I was going to suggest Z1 Motorsports before I read the last post, he's probably already got it installed too.

Last edited by nis350ztt; 12-11-2004 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:03 PM
mazzoo

The shop I use here in Houston ( LINK )will install the kit for under 3K. Now if you add the price of the kit that sould put you around the 7 to 8k mark.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

*sigh*...i can use that amount to "down" a new Z06.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:46 PM
cloudy

That price is ****n crazy, the MOST you should be paying for that is, like $8,000.
You can buy greddy kits w/ fmic for 5600 at avalonracing.net
and the install should not take 40hours.. unless their playn grabass while doing it.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by cloudy
That price is ****n crazy, the MOST you should be paying for that is, like $8,000.
You can buy greddy kits w/ fmic for 5600 at avalonracing.net
and the install should not take 40hours.. unless their playn grabass while doing it.
Take note of the previous dates of posts.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:15 AM
cloudy

Haha woops
Old 01-30-2005, 08:18 PM
MyFaiRLaDy

Default Installations quotes...

I was just wondering if you can give me some quotes on installation prices i have all the parts i just need someone to install it and just want to know how much it will cost. alright here's the parts list:
*turbonetics single turbo kit w/intercooler
*greddy profec e-01 boost controller
*Defi d-series( not the bf-link one that needs another module for it) E.G.T/aif fuel ration/boost (already has a autometer triple gauge pod mount for it
*finally tomei cams

also a seperate quote to install forged piston, rods, and sleeves.....much appreciated....
Old 02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Default Re: Installations quotes...

Originally posted by MyFaiRLaDy
I was just wondering if you can give me some quotes on installation prices i have all the parts i just need someone to install it and just want to know how much it will cost. alright here's the parts list:
*turbonetics single turbo kit w/intercooler
*greddy profec e-01 boost controller
*Defi d-series( not the bf-link one that needs another module for it) E.G.T/aif fuel ration/boost (already has a autometer triple gauge pod mount for it
*finally tomei cams

also a seperate quote to install forged piston, rods, and sleeves.....much appreciated....
can i suggest, if you are planning on rebuilding the bottom end, go with a twin turbo kit. aps would be my first pick if i could do it over again, the extra cost includes the upgraded fuel system.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Sean03

ha, i know of 2 people on this board that post regulary that would say stay away from balanced performance. i wouldnt let them install if they charged $10

Quick Reply: $14,060 Installed Greddy & Gages