Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TT: New Dyno numbers at 5psi and 6psi with Evo2 Exhuast

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 06:52 PM
N4Spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gq_model_626,

what side is your AEM plumbed to?
what side was the tailpipe sensor plumbed to?

thanks,
rob
Old 04-18-2004, 07:01 PM
350Now

Originally posted by jng1226
Of course! Please post your dyno graph. Can't get enough visuals of TT results!

Thanks

Jeffrey
Sorry for the delay here you go..

Old 04-18-2004, 07:46 PM
ZainT

I have been thinking on what exhuast to get being that it is my next add on... I am still debating wether or not to get the Greddy TT, since it will be my first turbo in any vehicle yet.. been with off road vehicles in the past...

I am, however, really leaning toward getting the TT, that is when i get the money, but I have the money for exhuast at the moment and was just wondering how well the EVO 2 exhuast will run with non F/I. Will it still get an average gain as of aftermarket exhuast? I do know it was made for the TT specifically, but just wondering if i were to get it, how my car would run until I was able to install the TT. Thanks for the input ahead of time
Old 04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by N4Spd
gq_model_626,

what side is your AEM plumbed to?
what side was the tailpipe sensor plumbed to?

thanks,
rob
My AEM is bunged on the driver side. The dyno was a tailpipe reading on the driver side muffler.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by ZainT
I have been thinking on what exhuast to get being that it is my next add on... I am still debating wether or not to get the Greddy TT, since it will be my first turbo in any vehicle yet.. been with off road vehicles in the past...

I am, however, really leaning toward getting the TT, that is when i get the money, but I have the money for exhuast at the moment and was just wondering how well the EVO 2 exhuast will run with non F/I. Will it still get an average gain as of aftermarket exhuast? I do know it was made for the TT specifically, but just wondering if i were to get it, how my car would run until I was able to install the TT. Thanks for the input ahead of time
The Evo2 wasnt really specifically designed for turbo Z's...they just did the testing on the turbo Z. Since it is just a 2 1/2 inch design, there is nothing really special about it vs the other 2 1/2 exhuasts out there. It is just much quieter than other after market exhuasts. I would imagine the gains on an N/A car would be comparable to Nismo, Stillen, Borla...etc. Anywhere from 5-15whp.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:15 AM
ACP

Very nice GG!

Originally posted by etx
How does it sound?
I have some sound clips, and video's of the EVo'2 at the bottom of this page
http://www.autocarparts.com/project_350Z.php3
Old 04-19-2004, 06:50 PM
spz33

is there a dyno sheet with Air/Fuel print out??? I would like to see if you don't mind showing.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:02 PM
IceY2K1Max

Originally posted by spz33
is there a dyno sheet with Air/Fuel print out??? I would like to see if you don't mind showing.

A/F readings i'm sorry are for in house use only. I can tell you that the reading is really really rich. I'm sorry for the mixup, the car was at 8.8lbs of boost. It is a dynojet. Thanks for looking.
I would like to show everyone the graph just to prove we didn't lean the car out, but I won't. It's pointless. I"m not trying to say our tuning is "better" than yours. I was simply stating what we acheived with what the car had on it at the time of dyno. People are fast to jump to conclusions. We have been tuning cars for years now statisfying our customers with their needs of having power. For those of you that would like the same, feel free to give us a call.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
mr2fasterthanyo

nice numbers.

when are you going to tune it? remember you can blow an engine because of being too rich. (rich detonation) trust me, one of my injectors got stuck wide open and i blew a ring from running too rich
Old 04-19-2004, 09:35 PM
350Now

Originally posted by mr2fasterthanyo
nice numbers.

when are you going to tune it? remember you can blow an engine because of being too rich. (rich detonation) trust me, one of my injectors got stuck wide open and i blew a ring from running too rich
I didn't know this. I will probably hook up a profec e-01 and up the boost a little more and see if I can get a better a/f. Hope this works..
Old 04-20-2004, 10:30 AM
spz33

Originally posted by IceY2K1Max

Well for someone who wanted so bad as to see our dyno sheet, he didn't even want to show his own? What's up with that?
Old 04-20-2004, 11:04 AM
IceY2K1Max

Well for someone who was SOOooo concerned about showing something as usless as an AFR chart on 104-octane and then asking for ANYONE to show you their chart is pretty lame. Plus, the fact that you just came to brag, rub noses, and not answer any questions is just asinine.

Why come here to post/brag, since you're clearly not here to SHARE any information? It's pointless unless you're here strictly to advertise your "experienced" tuning abilities(on 104-octane no less).

Well for someone who wanted so bad as to see our dyno sheet, he didn't even want to show his own? What's up with that?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Baumer

GQ posted the link to his Dyno and A/F ratio on the 1st page:

"Here is my dyno sheet. Don't forget...the tail-pipe dyno reading was not accurate...ignore the lean condition at on the graph. My AEM wideband was pinned at 11.5:1 beyond 6000rpm.

350NOW....go ahead and post yours as well. I don't mind the hijack!

http://www.savepic.com/is.php?i=536...nd_Evo2_Ext.jpg"
Attached Thumbnails Greddy TT:  New Dyno numbers at 5psi and 6psi with Evo2 Exhuast-gq_dyno_af.jpg  
Old 04-20-2004, 12:24 PM
spz33

I am here to answer anyones questions that they may have. Just because I can't post the dyno chart with A/F means I don't want to help? Where did you get that from? Who here have come and asked for help and we have not helped you? If that's the case, then I will apologize for it personally. I have not turned down anyone who has called or e-mailed me/us.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:01 PM
IceY2K1Max

I asked TWICE why you guys SAE correct on a FI car and also if you could post the SAE correction factor or uncorrected numbers.

Also, I asked if this was a track only car or something you turned down the boost and ran on pump gas maps also.

I don't care anymore about the A/F chart. I was curious at first to see what a 104-octane AFR curve looked like, but 104-octane isn't practical anyways.

I am here to answer anyones questions that they may have. Just because I can't post the dyno chart with A/F means I don't want to help? Where did you get that from? Who here have come and asked for help and we have not helped you? If that's the case, then I will apologize for it personally. I have not turned down anyone who has called or e-mailed me/us.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

IceY2K1Max...I am tracking with ya...and laughing.

350Now, the danger of blowing your motor on a rich condition is EXTREMELY unlikely....especially not at 10:1 or higher...which is close to where you are. The Greddy kit in stock trim is in no danger..

To your point, I think turning the boost up slightly to 5.5-6.0psi would help things. Remember that the Greddy kit is factory set to .40-.45 bar, so that means 5.6-6.3psi...roughly.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:11 PM
spz33

Originally posted by IceY2K1Max
I asked TWICE why you guys SAE correct on a FI car and also if you could post the SAE correction factor or uncorrected numbers.

Also, I asked if this was a track only car or something you turned down the boost and ran on pump gas maps also.

I don't care anymore about the A/F chart. I was curious at first to see what a 104-octane AFR curve looked like, but 104-octane isn't practical anyways.
Sorry, been busy but here you go:

We always SAE correct for any cars we dyno. I can do uncorrected for you if that will make you feel better. It's just our preference.

No, this is not a track car. This is a customer who drives his car pretty much everyday. Yeah, it's not practical, but that's what he wanted. If you like, I can probably show you the same dyno, but uncorrected. Still waiting to see your dyno sheet GQ..where is it?
Old 05-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

scroll up two posts...its right there.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:12 AM
IceY2K1Max

No problem...I understand you're busy.

Yes, if you wouldn't mind, post the uncorrected graph or at least the Correction Factor so I can do it myself. I'm pretty sure where you guys are located that it's not much of a difference, but it's still necessary to compare apples-to-apples with other FI cars.

Still can't believe dyno shops are using SAE correction on FI cars.

Sorry, been busy but here you go:

We always SAE correct for any cars we dyno. I can do uncorrected for you if that will make you feel better. It's just our preference.

No, this is not a track car. This is a customer who drives his car pretty much everyday. Yeah, it's not practical, but that's what he wanted. If you like, I can probably show you the same dyno, but uncorrected. Still waiting to see your dyno sheet GQ..where is it?
Old 05-06-2004, 01:54 PM
MR350ZTT

Got the greddy TT Kit in my Z. Its nice but still not enough for me Just ordered pistons, rods, and rings to do internals. I'm going for double digit boost

Quick Reply: Greddy TT: New Dyno numbers at 5psi and 6psi with Evo2 Exhuast