Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TT: New Dyno numbers at 5psi and 6psi with Evo2 Exhuast

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Greddy TT: New Dyno numbers at 5psi and 6psi with Evo2 Exhuast

OK, round II with the Greddy TT at the dyno is complete.

As many of you will recall, my first dyno run with the Greddy TT was done about 3 weeks ago at 5psi with a stock exhuast and RT Cats. The results were 334whp/316trq at 6200 RPM....I stopped early becuase I was chicken.

Today, I went to the same dyno and did a run at 5psi with my new Greddy Evo2 Exhuast and pulled a 348/329trq. So at 5psi, I picked up about 10 HP and 13lbs extra torque at the peak.

Now, it starts to get interesting. I kicked up the boost to 6psi which is still within the published limited of the stock Greddy Kit without any tuning. My peak increased to 359whp/331trq.

Although peak numbers definately showed some improvement with the Greddy Evo2 exhuast...especially in the torque department...the most exciting part is that across the power band, I gained about 25lbs of torque and 20WHP. So the car feels soooo much stronger than with my restrictive stock exhuast.

This confirms a similar report that ACP posted when he switched to the Evo2 Exhuast. And if you wanna be more aggressive, you can run a test pipe in liu of the RT cats and pick up another 20 hp at the peak!

So I have two conclusions:

1) The Greddy Evo2 exhuast is terrific for TT applications, and clearly gives significantly more HP and Torque across the entire power band.

2) A stock Greddy kit at 6psi, with test pipes and Greddy Evo2 can certainly push close to 375whp without any additional tuning...and running nice and rich.

350Now also dynoed his car, and can chime in at any time.

One final note: The dyno operator used a tailpipe wideband to measure AF, but I also have my AEM wideband mounted in the car. The weird thing is that my AEM reading matched his tailpipe reading...untill we hit about 6200rpm, and then his tailpipe reading went very lean...about 14:1, whereas my AEM stayed glued to 11.5:1. I heard no detonation, and so I am not sure which gauge to believe. If anyone can explain this...I am all ears. I will post the dyno chart shortly, once I scan it in. So don't be alarmed when you see the progressively leaner A/F at high RPM....my AEM wideband was clearly showing 11.5:1.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:14 PM
350Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there with GQ and all I can say is Wow.. I want the Greddy Evo2 Now and possibly some high flow cat. GQ_MODEL_626 with the Greddy Evo2 has so much torque at the low rpm band that was missing on my run.

My best Dyno run I was able to hit a best of 332.2 RWHP and 319.4 TQ. My set-up consist of the standard Greddy TT with a Nismo catback. I'm still using the factory cats which to me is very restrictive. In terms of the A/F read-out, the tail-pipe sensor showed lean to begin the run and then drop to very rich below the scope of the probe. From 4400rpm to 6400rpm the A/F dips to 10.0.

I can post up my dyno w a/f if anyone is interested. Please let me know so I don't post all over GQ's thread.

Last edited by 350Now; 04-17-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:17 PM
aalzuhair

I would personally trust the AEM readings.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Here is my dyno sheet. Don't forget...the tail-pipe dyno reading was not accurate...ignore the lean condition at on the graph. My AEM wideband was pinned at 11.5:1 beyond 6000rpm.

350NOW....go ahead and post yours as well. I don't mind the hijack!

http://www.savepic.com/is.php?i=5360...d_Evo2_Ext.jpg
Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Smoked

Nice, I was just thinking about getting the GReddy TT and now I figure it's a must. How much did you pay for your GReddy TT with FMIC? The best price I found was at hopup for $5899 shipped.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Smoked

Also with the GReddy TT setup, do you need to tune at all? And did you think about replacing your camshafts? How hard was the install? Could you install without lifting the engine? Any info would be helpful, thanks.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:49 AM
jng1226

Sharif,

Thanks for the detailed updates and methodical approach to your tuning. This is so helpful for those of us planning for FI in the future.

350Now - How much PSI were you pushing with your 332.2 HP dyno run?
Old 04-18-2004, 09:03 AM
350Now

Originally posted by jng1226
350Now - How much PSI were you pushing with your 332.2 HP dyno run?
5.6psi. The standard wastegate settings. Would you be interested in me posting the dyno chart?
Old 04-18-2004, 09:10 AM
350Now

smoked. The pricing at hopup is very good. I'm not sure if Sharif has seen them for better. I installed my turbo on my own and off the box tuning will not be required as the unit is set to run real rich. However I would suggest once you get it installed to get to a dyno with an A/F probe to ensure everything is copaseta.

Install can be done without lifting the engine but you will need to raise your car to get under the car. I would recommend you take this to a shop unless you don't mind working on your car yourself. It took me 2 weeks just 2-3 hours a day working on this car. In a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being hard) I would rate this intall at 7.5. The difficult part is mounting the new manifolds for the turbo as the bolts are very very difficult to reach.

Jeff
Old 04-18-2004, 09:49 AM
bruschijr

congrats.....

I'm glad to see the progression of your kit!

I am very soon going to go with the last link for my exhaust... but im stuck on what to get.... I was originally going to get the borla TD because of the sound and the fact that I like TD's. Im not sure if its wide enough... I'm interested in the EVO 2 but I havent heard it yet.... Im really trying to go with a mean sound.... what do you think about it sharif? Compared to stock...whats the dif in sound?
Old 04-18-2004, 10:01 AM
slay2k

Good numbers, GQ. I'm curious to see how my Borla TD will do when I slap the Greddy on... guess we'll find out soon enough
Old 04-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Smoked

Originally posted by 350Now
smoked. The pricing at hopup is very good. I'm not sure if Sharif has seen them for better. I installed my turbo on my own and off the box tuning will not be required as the unit is set to run real rich. However I would suggest once you get it installed to get to a dyno with an A/F probe to ensure everything is copaseta.

Install can be done without lifting the engine but you will need to raise your car to get under the car. I would recommend you take this to a shop unless you don't mind working on your car yourself. It took me 2 weeks just 2-3 hours a day working on this car. In a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being hard) I would rate this intall at 7.5. The difficult part is mounting the new manifolds for the turbo as the bolts are very very difficult to reach.

Jeff
That's great news. I had hoped it wouldn't be too bad. Anyways would you say the Tein EDFC install would be an 8? Just trying to get a gage on your difficulty scale.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:57 AM
little_rod

Originally posted by Smoked
Nice, I was just thinking about getting the GReddy TT and now I figure it's a must. How much did you pay for your GReddy TT with FMIC? The best price I found was at hopup for $5899 shipped.
Hmmm, looking at the price on hopup racing, the TT and intercooler add up to $6114, where did you get $5899??
Old 04-18-2004, 12:11 PM
ZRAYGO

gq,

I will be getting my profec installed and car dynoed this friday morning at sp eng. I will take my psi level up to 6psi and see what happens.....oh yea.....I also have the helix test pipes....
Old 04-18-2004, 12:16 PM
jng1226

Originally posted by 350Now
5.6psi. The standard wastegate settings. Would you be interested in me posting the dyno chart?
Of course! Please post your dyno graph. Can't get enough visuals of TT results!

Thanks

Jeffrey
Old 04-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by Smoked
That's great news. I had hoped it wouldn't be too bad. Anyways would you say the Tein EDFC install would be an 8? Just trying to get a gage on your difficulty scale.

if the Greddy kit is a 7.5 on the difficulty scale, then the Tein's with EDFC would be like a 3 on the scale. Installing Teins with EDFC is a cake walk compared to installing the Greddy kit. If you think the Tein is an 8, then I'd highly suggest having a shop install the kit. It will drive you crazy!!
Old 04-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by bruschijr
congrats.....

I'm glad to see the progression of your kit!

I am very soon going to go with the last link for my exhaust... but im stuck on what to get.... I was originally going to get the borla TD because of the sound and the fact that I like TD's. Im not sure if its wide enough... I'm interested in the EVO 2 but I havent heard it yet.... Im really trying to go with a mean sound.... what do you think about it sharif? Compared to stock...whats the dif in sound?

If you are looking for a loud sound, then look elsewhere. The Greddy is extremely quite...maybe just a tad louder than stock...but a bit deeper and more mellow. But part of that is also my RT cats. However, despite the low noise, the exhaust really helped put out some big numbers, and 10-25hp/trq increase across the power band.

I am 29 years old...a semi-responsible male. So I didnt want to attract too much attention as I drive by at WOT! It a nice deeper, smoother sounds over stock..but still under 95db and meets all federal noise and emmisions requirments. They even give you a kit to relocate your evap canister from the right side of the bumper, to the center of the bumper.

Old 04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by ZRAYGO
gq,

I will be getting my profec installed and car dynoed this friday morning at sp eng. I will take my psi level up to 6psi and see what happens.....oh yea.....I also have the helix test pipes....
Ray, are you kidding me? Don't get anything installed at SP Engineering. And they charge $95 for a simple dyno run without any tuning. They are a rip-off and we caugh them in a bluff here on the board.

Take to to Eric at Street Image....I guarantee he will charge less the Sp Engineering, and his work will be vastly superior.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:53 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

GQ,

Nice setup man. I posted this question before but not sure if you responded. How is the AEM gauge? For example, when you wer eon t ehdyno (or any other WOT run) and you say that it showed 11.5 all the way, was the needle stable or does it jump around all the time? I mean, is it easily usable/readable/precise with respect to the display?

THanks a lot

Gurgen
Old 04-18-2004, 06:03 PM
etx

Good stuff man! I'm not going to be able to get exhaust for a while. It's good to hear the geddy evo2 is working well with he TT. How does it sound?

Quick Reply: Greddy TT: New Dyno numbers at 5psi and 6psi with Evo2 Exhuast