Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Strange eManage behaviour

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 11:02 AM
derek_i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange eManage behaviour

I'm posting my experience with this so it can be indexed by the search and maybe help others.

A few days ago, I removed my E-01 SD card so ACP could get the map from it once he initialized his eManage. If anyone has input the add. injector map using the remote, you will understand why

His car was running really bad after (very rich) until he initialized the eManage again and loaded the data from SD. Now it's fine. There are more details to this but it doesn't pertain to my situation so I won't dwell.

The next day, my car ran like dog s**t. On the way to the tuners, I got an error message on the E-01 saying to re-insert the SD card. I did this and the car seemed good again. That night it drove fine and the next morning. Then in the afternoon, dog s**t again. I popped the kick panel to look at the eManage and it was flashing green/red consistantly, not trying to display an error code. I turned the ignition to 'on' (car not running) and initialized the eManage. The error light kept flashing, but when I turned the ignition off and then on again, the unit was fine. I loaded my maps (data1) and exported to the eManage, unit was still fine. I took it for a test drive and everything was good. When I turned the car off, and then back on again, the eManage came up flashing again. I could repeat these steps over and over with the same results.

Since the E-01 works with the eManage in real time, I initialized the eManage, loaded data1, but skipped the export step. No problems so far, car runs great. I'm not sure why the eManage won't boot cleanly with my map stored in it, but as long as the E-01 is connected I'm OK.

Will be running for the next few weeks with the kick panel off...

-D
Old 05-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woooaahhh.....stop immediately.

Your eManage does not have a program in it right now!!!

Yes, the profec talks to the eManage in real-time, but it doesnt export the entire map unless you actually export it to the eManage. For instance, if I want to make some mods to the add injector map values, i can make those changes on the Profec, and they will transmit immediately to the eManage. But if I load up an entirely new map...say...from Data2, the eManage wont have that map until I export it...it says this in the Profec manual. Since you told me you just initialzied the eManage and loaded up Data1, but didnt export, your eManage is BLANK! It is not enriching fuel at all. It is now only running off the little dials on the side of the eManage (covered by that sticker)...so thats why your car is at least running kinda normally. I imagine you are incredibly lean up top.

Something here is my suggestion.

Delete all of the data maps from the SD car, and take 20mins to reneter all the stock Greddy values (I assume you have the stock values somewhere) for Add Injector and Boost Cut Limiter. Also set your injector scalling from 300-440. Once you enter all the values, then export to the eManage.

I am concerned that you are getting the orange/green flasher. That is the sign of an error code...like something is miswired or soemthing. Very strange.

Try doing what I said and see if that fixes everything. Stay off the boost until you fix this.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:18 AM
derek_i

You are correct in this. I wasn't going to put the car in boost until I could get it on a dyno yesterday but ran into delays and couldn't dyno.
Last night I started to boost, listening for detonation, and there was. I am going to export the map so I can get to the tuner, and then erase everything and re-enter like you suggest.

-D
Old 05-08-2004, 07:10 PM
derek_i

I initialized the eManage and re-input the maps by hand. After each column in the add. injector map, I saved my work, exported and turned the car off/on to see if the eManage unit threw a warning. No problems. I don't know what caused this (maybe my card being in another machine?) but most people are driving around with the eManage in the passenger kickplate where they can't see the LED's, so if your car feels like its not driving right, pop the kickpanel and check the LEDs. I'm going to make a small smoked plexi window in mine (along with the E-01 warning LED).

-D
Old 05-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good! Yeah...I guess i wont be hotswapping my data card with anyone else. Not sure why it caused such a fuss...but thanks for letting us know about this.