Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Nismo adjustable fuel pressure regulator...will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 02:34 PM
etx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by gq_626
After talking to Spaz...I am gong with the Aeromotive FPR and return line at the tank.
Why? I'll probably be doing the same thing soon.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With Spaz's solution, you dont have to modify the fuel rail, run new lines...etc...etc. The fuel rail mod and FPR at the rail is the ultimate perfect fuel system...but its way to pricey......lots of expensive parts, tons of labor, and lots of time.

With Spaz's solution, you leave the stock FPR intact, run the Walbro 255, and use the aromeotive 1:1 fuel reg to set idle fuel pressure to 50psi (you can plug the stock FPR if needed...otherwise, there is a bit of experimentation needed to insure proper fuel pressure across the board). If you want, you can increase fuel pressure 1:1 with boost. But see....I honestly think it might not be necessary with the 440cc injectors up to about 450whp. With the stock fuel pump, fuel pressure drops from 50 psi at idle to 38psi at redline. If I could maintain even just 50psi accross the board, I would be golden..up to about 10psi. I still prefer tuning and adding fuel via injector pulsewidth increases vs. fuel pressure increases. Remember, the 440cc injectors are rated 440cc at only 43psi...at 50psi...they are like 510cc or something near that.

The other great thing is because you are installing the FPR at the fuel pump housing, you dont need an extensive return line....Spaz just drilled a hole in the top of the fuel pump assembly and a metal 90 degree elbow dumps the fuel right back down....pretty ingenious if you ask me.

Again...for the ultimate fuel system...the holy grail....you should mod the fuel rail, put the FPR at the end of the rail, and run a return line back. Just too expensive and painful for my short term goal....450whp at 10psi.

Spaz.....thanks for all your help the other day! Credit goes to Spaz for sharing this info with me. and everyone.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:17 AM
ACP

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe

mike:
this one does more than just 1:1... that would be just an adjustable FPR... there are tons of those out. with this one, you can change the ratio to 3:1, 2:1, 2.3:1.... whatever you want/need. that's why it is so expensive.

m
Can someone explain UR comments here, and why these ratio's would be needed ?

Thanks

Looks like we have a few of us TT guys, working on the same thing, at the same time (fuel system)
gq_626, etx, derek and myself
Old 05-15-2004, 07:45 AM
7 eleven

Originally posted by ACP
Can someone explain UR comments here, and why these ratio's would be needed ?

Thanks

Looks like we have a few of us TT guys, working on the same thing, at the same time (fuel system)
gq_626, etx, derek and myself
The higher ratios would be use to deliver more fuel under boost. For example most of the old honda kits run a 8:1 RRFPR so for ever psi of boost the fuel pressure increase by 8 psi to add the extra fuel needed.They are for when you have no other way to add fuel. But we can not use these on our returnless system unless you make it a return system.

It is a very simple way to add fuel under boost. For the cost it works good. The down sides are it's not very accurate, injectors don't like fuel pressures above 90psi that much and fuel pumps flow less volume at the higher pressures so you need a bigger pump sooner.
Gary
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly...just more options in terms of fuel enrichment. I've never been a big fan of overpressuring injectors.....especially since our kits alrady have significantly upgraded injectors.

When I install my FPR, I am most likely NOT going to install a vaccum line...and just set the base pressure to 50psi. Even at 7psi, I am sub 11:1 until about 5500rpm when I start to go lean...and end at 12.5:1 at 6500. So I have PLENTY of fuel below 5500rpm. I just need a way to keep the stock 50psi across the board.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:39 AM
basam350z

GQ, thanks for the post. I can't wait till my wife graduates and I get my TT system.

When you do the install, please take some pictures for us and do a write up if you can.

Would a vacumn line running from the monifold all the way back to the Aeromotive Regulator be accurate, having that long of a line? And why not be safe and do that?