Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

750cc injectors installed and running....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 11:51 PM
SQUILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tony1
600whp is not going to be easy at 15-16psi, and i doubt it'll make 700+ at 25psi. It may sound easy, but it's not gonna be...
Boulder nissan hit 597 rwhp with the greddy kit at 14 psi on a built block but like most others are having fuel system problems which they are working on right now.

check out this trhead towards the end of it.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=71620
Old 05-15-2004, 03:37 PM
TALAL

how much HP/boost can those Td05's support ?

i cann't wait to see the dyno sheets kudos !
Old 05-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW - gq - found this on Greddy's site today regarding how the E manage does what it does:

The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals
Old 05-15-2004, 05:32 PM
tony1

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
BTW - gq - found this on Greddy's site today regarding how the E manage does what it does:

The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals
So, like stated earlier, taking fuel away with the emanage will also increase timing. You are tricking the computer to think it's at less load, where timing is increased from full load. Not a good idea if you don't have somthing to control timing!
Old 05-15-2004, 05:56 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is what i have been complaining about in the E-Manage since day one. Because we have used it several times.

The only thing the E-Manage does very well is add fuel. Trying to take fuel out ****s up your ignition timing cause it throws you way off on the map from where you should be.

However, when you ADD fuel with the E-Manage, not with the airflow map, but with the additional injection map... it actually takes the injector pulse width and extends it every time it fires by your specified ammount. THAT is mint, and works awesome in speed density cars such as Hondas.... and your ok doing a MILD oversized injector... but controlling heavy *** injectors like that with the E-Manage is.... sorry to say it... but one hell of a hack. Once you are in the airflow point where E-Manage doesnt have to pull fuel out, it will be fine... so yea... on the dyno and full throttle you should be able to get it to make really good power... but the car will drive horrible at part throttle, and it will bother you if your picky about throttle response and boost transition tuning... we have tried it before.

We are back in line with our Twin Turbo project... the car should be running within a week or two now... and I cannot wait to post the results of using our full standalone to control the engine.

-Charles
CJM
Old 05-15-2004, 06:45 PM
350Now

Hey Charles glad to hear the HKS F-Con standalone is almost ready to go. Please post when results are available.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:38 PM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350Now
Hey Charles glad to hear the HKS F-Con standalone is almost ready to go. Please post when results are available.
Sucks that F-Con can't get through the OBDII plug in test at the sniffer check.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:50 PM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by TALAL
how much HP/boost can those Td05's support ?

i cann't wait to see the dyno sheets kudos !
I've done some math with compressor maps and stuff and the TD05 is a pretty big turbo to be used in a twin application. I guess that they'll make 800-900WHP but it's really hard to tell without people actually running them that hard yet. I've heard from twinturbo.net that the average with those turbos for 300ZXs is just over 600. That's obviously possible as shown by Boulder Nissan.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:14 AM
kudos

Originally posted by phunk

We are back in line with our Twin Turbo project... the car should be running within a week or two now... and I cannot wait to post the results of using our full standalone to control the engine.

-Charles
CJM
Charles, what standalone will you be using? If its the HKS F-Con V who's tuning it? I might be interested.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:03 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Yes it is the HKS F-CON V-PRO standalone.

We are the newest HKS Prodealer, giving us the compabilities to tune it in-house.

Are you sure it wont pass the OBD-II port generic test? The stock ECU stays in the car. If not... I guess it wouldnt be TOO huge of a deal to swap back in stock injectors and unplug the F-CON just to get the quick pass... we will see. I havent used the F-CON power writer software yet... but we are not really affraid of it.

Ill let everyone know how it works out.

BTW... a few weeks ago I got my sleeved block back from AEBS... and my new crank. Now I just need some pistons and rods and I can put together this block. Hopefully will swap in the built block a couple months after tuning the F-CON on the stock engine in the car now.

Charles
CJM
Old 05-16-2004, 04:31 PM
turbo-maxima

Damn, did you get the stroker kit?
Old 05-16-2004, 04:45 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Nope... no stroker for me.

I thought long and hard about it. But my feelings were to stay away from something like that FOR NOW. In all reality... a 3.5L is a pretty large engine to have turbos on. I thought about it some more... then I called AEBS to ask some questions about it and consider it.. but then they said my block was already done and its too late... so that kinda sealed the deal for me.

Maybe next year.

BTW: Sorry for the thread hi-jacking.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:41 PM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by phunk
Nope... no stroker for me.

I thought long and hard about it. But my feelings were to stay away from something like that FOR NOW. In all reality... a 3.5L is a pretty large engine to have turbos on. I thought about it some more... then I called AEBS to ask some questions about it and consider it.. but then they said my block was already done and its too late... so that kinda sealed the deal for me.

Maybe next year.

BTW: Sorry for the thread hi-jacking.
While's it's hijacked- I bet someone on this board would buy/swap that block from you if/when you decide to go to 4.3.

You've already paid for the parts and labor on that one, so you could at least make back some of the money on that instead of just punching it out again.

Then again, you can also do whatever you want.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Yancy

Gurgenpb01,
You state:
"According to Danny of TS, the stock ECU/TS reflash cannot control RC injectors, it can only control PE injectors. As per his explanation, RC injectors are simple on/off injectors. . ."

That's news to me, but I'd have to say that this statement is absolutely false. Either that or TS needs to send back by $600+ for the reflash. I'm using the 440cc RC injectors that came with the Greddy TT kit and I have the TS reflash. Granted, TS can only reflash to 380cc specs, but after that is where the e-manage is used to contol/adjust fuel for the larger injectors.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:30 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by Yancy
Gurgenpb01,
You state:
"According to Danny of TS, the stock ECU/TS reflash cannot control RC injectors, it can only control PE injectors. As per his explanation, RC injectors are simple on/off injectors. . ."

That's news to me, but I'd have to say that this statement is absolutely false. Either that or TS needs to send back by $600+ for the reflash. I'm using the 440cc RC injectors that came with the Greddy TT kit and I have the TS reflash. Granted, TS can only reflash to 380cc specs, but after that is where the e-manage is used to contol/adjust fuel for the larger injectors.
That's what I was told by Danny, but now I see I was thinking about the ECU controlling the RCs by itself. Of course, in your case it is different, as they can flash the program to the 380 cc specs, and the ECU will essentially be sending out the pulses for 380cc injectors, while the e-manage will be running the RCs. Sorry, I wasn't thinking right. It IS true howeveer, that the ECU cannot control the RCs.

Gurgen
Old 05-25-2004, 11:35 AM
SQUILL

Originally posted by gurgenpb01
That's what I was told by Danny, but now I see I was thinking about the ECU controlling the RCs by itself. Of course, in your case it is different, as they can flash the program to the 380 cc specs, and the ECU will essentially be sending out the pulses for 380cc injectors, while the e-manage will be running the RCs. Sorry, I wasn't thinking right. It IS true howeveer, that the ECU cannot control the RCs.

Gurgen
BUMP!!!! any updates Kudos???
Old 05-25-2004, 03:33 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by SQUILL
BUMP!!!! any updates Kudos???
Hey Guys,

Today I talked to Adam of PE USA. He said that the RC injectors cannot be controlled by the stock ECU and have to be run by e-manage. Of course we know that the PE injectors ARE run by the ECU.

Also talked to the master himself, Todash of T.S. He said that he knows of a car onto which the RC injectors were installed - the car would not even run. He was a little cautious in saying that the ECU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT control the RC injectors because he himself has not seen it. He was pretty convinced though. Given the evidence, I am convinced of this fact. The nozzle pattern and the signaling of the PE injectors is very different from those of stock/PE. PE's are just a perfect fit.

Another interesting tidbid of information, PE is considering, and only considering, going to cast manifolds for the sole reason of satisfying demand and being able to ramp up production. The reaon that it is taking this long is that there are very few people out there that can do the kind of job on the manifolds that their quality control requires... essentially, it is the hand made, tig-welded manifolds that are holding back production.

Hope this helps
Gurgen
Old 05-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally posted by Z1 Performance

Z1..sorry I havent been following this post much.

The piece you are quoting....is correct...BUT...only if you dont have the injector harness. That basic eManage without injector harness controlls fuel as you describe...with MAF manipulation.

But with the Greddy kit, the injector harness is included, and they've programmed the "add injector" map...which does in fact add IPW to the stock signal without touching the MAF. The eManage has drivers for both injectors and ignition.

The eManage also has an "Airflow Adjustment" map...which is a MAF conditioning ala AFC. But the Greddy kit doesnt use this map at all..its not programmed.

So as we add fuel...no...the ECU is not adding additional ignition advance...I am 100% certain of that.

Just wanna make sure everyone is clear. With the eManage...we can add fuel via increase injector pulse width...not by MAF conditioning. An AFC adds fuel via MAF conditioning...the eManage does not.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:32 AM
ravaz

Originally posted by gurgenpb01
Hey Guys,

Today I talked to Adam of PE USA. He said that the RC injectors cannot be controlled by the stock ECU and have to be run by e-manage. Of course we know that the PE injectors ARE run by the ECU.

Also talked to the master himself, Todash of T.S. He said that he knows of a car onto which the RC injectors were installed - the car would not even run. He was a little cautious in saying that the ECU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT control the RC injectors because he himself has not seen it. He was pretty convinced though. Given the evidence, I am convinced of this fact. The nozzle pattern and the signaling of the PE injectors is very different from those of stock/PE. PE's are just a perfect fit.

What are these people talking about, car won't run with RC's installed. I had my RC 440's installed with nothing controlling them for a while. Then a month later I threw an SAFC on just to lean them out for low throttle conditions, only got a check engine light once for being too rich, for over 3000 miles no light or any issues.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I cant understand this part either...it make no sense. Think about it. With a TS reflash...or a Greddy eManage, the stock ECU is still controlling the injectors. So it is fundamentally impossible for the ECU not to be able to controll the 440's...they already are!

In terms of fuel....TS and the ECU can only controll one thing. IPW. Injector pulse width is simple...either the injector is on or off....like a light switch...that's it. They are called peak and hold injectors. They hit their peak flow (with a given fuel pressure), hold it for a duration of time...2ms to 20ms...and then stop.

To reduce fuel on the emange, and lean out those 440's, it does a MAF intercept..just a small one...that tricks the ECU into firing the injectors for less time. This MAF adjustment is constant across the entire MAF and RPM range. This makes the care idle correctly, and burn at stoich while cruising. That is part ONE. Part two is the eManage adds IPW as MAF voltage and RPM increase. That is part two. Since the eManage can ONLY add fuel by increasing IPW directly, it must resort to MAF conditioning to reduce fuel across the base map, and allow the car to run, start, and idle, and cruise normally.

So if the eManage can get the IPW reduced on the 440's via MAF conditioning, I cant understand a reason why a TS reflash couldnt accomplish the same reduced IPW, but just without resorting to MAF manipulations. TS has it even better...then can just reduce IPW on the stock ECU map. Then again...as MAF voltage and RPM increase, they can directly add IPW.

In summary....the eManage adds fuel by adding injector pulse width as MAF and RPM rise. It reduces fuel by MAF conditioning, so allow for a stoich burn at idle and cruise.

Quick Reply: 750cc injectors installed and running....