Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

507 Rwhp On Forged Internals!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 02:13 PM
SQUILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 507 Rwhp On Forged Internals!

SO a shop in boulder CO has built the vq35de up with sgp .20 over 8.5 to 1 forged pistons, pauter forged rods and titanium valve spring retainers as far as i know and on their first and only dyno run that i currently know of they hit 507 rwhp with the greddy tt setup!!!

I dont know at what psi, rpm, or any tourque #'s but i will talk to them and see if they will grant me permission to post more details about their system.

Has anyone else here gone with the forged internals yet???

They claim this set up should support 25 psi of boost!!

And with forged internals im sure it would rev higher than 7000 rpm safely???!!!

Anyway if anyone else is doing the same i would love to hear about it!
Old 04-22-2004, 03:30 PM
lollolboy

Default Re: 507 Rwhp On Forged Internals!

which shop in boulder?
Old 04-22-2004, 04:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'd like more details on this. Maybe the person that did tha work and write a post on it....otherwise, its just rumor-mill until we see details and dyno charts.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:48 PM
slay2k

This is nice to hear, but doesn't surprise me.

Wait a little while... I know of a certain someone in my area whose engine has already been rebuilt and boosted... he's gonna be putting down a whole lot more than 500

-slay
Old 04-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with Slay, gonna be a lot better numbers out there and soon . The Z belongs to Boulder Nissan, friendly shop off of I-36 just passed Pearl St. (well 28th if you wanna get techie). I'm going to go there this weekend and take some pics of the Z and see if I can get my hands on the actual dyno.

--j2

Maybe I can bum a ride hehehe
Old 04-22-2004, 07:04 PM
SQUILL

Yea they seemed pretty cool! To anybody in the denver/ Co area they said to come down just about any time and the car should be there at the dealership to check out i believe between 9am and 6-7 pm!

And again of course we know the forged internals should support 25-30 psi range but this was their very first dyno run with the built motor so im sure it needs plenty of tuning and much more HP should come out of this car as the r and d continues on it!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:14 PM
turbo-maxima

I say you can get about 800 whp with the SGP forged pistons and rods. Then you have to get iron sleeves.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:59 PM
lollolboy

Originally posted by Juztin
I agree with Slay, gonna be a lot better numbers out there and soon . The Z belongs to Boulder Nissan, friendly shop off of I-36 just passed Pearl St. (well 28th if you wanna get techie). I'm going to go there this weekend and take some pics of the Z and see if I can get my hands on the actual dyno.

--j2

Hmmm.. interesting..

my next next door neighbor always brings his "boulder nissan" truck to his house. Actually he brought so many nissan/infiniti at his house to wash them..

I am wondering what his relationship with boulder nissan is...
Old 04-22-2004, 09:10 PM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by Juztin

--j2

Shoot, I'd love to see that too. Of course, with the weather right now I couldn't even get my Z off base. When are you heading up?

Here's a tiny, tiny picture of it I think.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
03_ppw350z

thsi si cool people are starting to build these motors. i myslef am building a forged bottom end using arias pistons and pauter rods it should be done whithin a month the only parts im watin o is the rods. anyone know who has the rods in stock? my goal is 550 to 600 to the wheels
Old 04-22-2004, 10:18 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by 03_ppw350z
thsi si cool people are starting to build these motors. i myslef am building a forged bottom end using arias pistons and pauter rods it should be done whithin a month the only parts im watin o is the rods. anyone know who has the rods in stock? my goal is 550 to 600 to the wheels
I believe jim wolf technology and sgp racing would have them in stock.

So you are buliding your motor! sweet! Are you having a shop do the work or are you doing it? If its a shop can you give up an estimate of how many shop hours this takes to do and aprox how much $$$ it costs (if you dont mind) thnx
Old 04-22-2004, 11:47 PM
03_ppw350z

i work for shop here so i am doing it myself i will see how long it takes me.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:07 AM
kudos

I have the exact same setup except with the Tomei cams, the car has been running for a while but only at 7psi (waiting on bigger injectors). The injectors should be in next week and should have a dyno a few days after that. Looking for around 1.2-1.3 bar on pump gas.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:08 AM
turbo-maxima

Originally posted by kudos
I have the exact same setup except with the Tomei cams, the car has been running for a while but only at 7psi (waiting on bigger injectors). The injectors should be in next week and should have a dyno a few days after that. Looking for around 1.2-1.3 bar on pump gas.
Is this the reals Top secret, so you are going to run like 16 lbs of boost. I say that is the 600 whp range or pretty damn close. ARe you going to run 720cc injectors or higher? What are you doing about MAF? Standalone?
Old 04-23-2004, 08:32 AM
bldrz

i wanted to make a quick post on the z. myself(jason)and two other techs are building this engine. we will post all details as soon as it is finished. the boost at 507rwh is 14-15pounds, the torque is about 550. that was a 4th gear pull at about 4800 rpm. at that point the 440 injectors could not supply enough fuel. we should have larger injectors by early next week. we also are configuring a timing control box, to avoid detonation up top. we try to be as involved on this forum as possible, but currently have 2 big projects in the works plus multiple smaller jobs. we will update everyone soon. thanks.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:33 AM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by kudos
Which Tomeis? 270s? 9.25mm or 10.25mm lift?
Old 04-23-2004, 08:37 AM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by bldrz
i wanted to make a quick post on the z. myself(jason)and two other techs are building this engine. we will post all details as soon as it is finished. the boost at 507rwh is 14-15pounds, the torque is about 550. that was a 4th gear pull at about 4800 rpm. at that point the 440 injectors could not supply enough fuel. we should have larger injectors by early next week. we also are configuring a timing control box, to avoid detonation up top. we try to be as involved on this forum as possible, but currently have 2 big projects in the works plus multiple smaller jobs. we will update everyone soon. thanks.
Wow, maxxed out the injectors... We don't even have air up here at altitude either! Jason, this board loves details (like what you're doing for engine management) but we love pictures too!

Sounds like an awesome project, and also sounds like your dealership is way ahead of the local Academy Nissan (which I hate)!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:32 AM
SQUILL

Originally posted by bldrz
Jason thanks for the info i didnt want to get to detailed about you car as i didnt want to step on any toes

Anyway i think you will gain a lot of business by letting us all know what you guys are doing over there at boulder nissan as i had no idea you guys were doing performance mods until Juztin another member here told me you guys had a tuning shop.

There are alot of us 350z guys here in colorado planning to mod our cars and its been pretty hard locating shops in colorado! Thanks Guys!
Old 04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
lollolboy

Originally posted by SQUILL
Jason thanks for the info i didnt want to get to detailed about you car as i didnt want to step on any toes

Anyway i think you will gain a lot of business by letting us all know what you guys are doing over there at boulder nissan as i had no idea you guys were doing performance mods until Juztin another member here told me you guys had a tuning shop.

There are alot of us 350z guys here in colorado planning to mod our cars and its been pretty hard locating shops in colorado! Thanks Guys!
yes definitely... I was looking for a shop for TT install on my coupe and this is a good news
Old 04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by lollolboy
yes definitely... I was looking for a shop for TT install on my cou
pe and this is a good news
Since you have a G35 coupe lololboy you should get over there right away and have a look at their greddy install they have going on to a G35 coupe... I believe they are building the motor on that one as well!!!

Quick Reply: 507 Rwhp On Forged Internals!