Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Ran G35SC coupe in 106 F temp

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ran G35SC coupe in 106 F temp

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=42

Ran the supercharged coupe in high temps on the track and there were no difficulties, though I did take it with too tall a gearing to keep the rpms down and be safe, and had it conservatively tuned. The important thing to note is that it can be done. I suppose folks in really hot climes like Ariz and NMexico will have proven this already, but since the FI cars only really started hitting the streets towards the end of last year, there has not been a lot of summer running with FI on these cars. And easy running on the track is still typically a heck of a lot harder running than what one sees on the street. But in that kind of heat and wearing a nomex suit.....the car made out much better than the driver did!! Gee whiz that is hot.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Enron Exec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for sharing. I was wondering this myself and am currently looking for some engine cooling solutions. What did you use to monitor your temps and were you pulling high G-forces for an extended period of time? Do you have anything to keep the oil from slushing off to the side during these long turns? Thanx.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Eagle1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Enron Exec
Thanx for sharing. I was wondering this myself and am currently looking for some engine cooling solutions. What did you use to monitor your temps and were you pulling high G-forces for an extended period of time? Do you have anything to keep the oil from slushing off to the side during these long turns? Thanx.
For monitoring the engine temp I have installed a Greddy water temp gauge (60mm electronic). It never went above 95C, even after 13 laps and at speeds as high as 130mph. The stock temp gauge just stayed at the 3 o'clock position the whole time.

There is nothing additional to the stock set up on the oil pan. I do think that I will put on a JWT oil pan spacer, and that will provide an additional one quart capacity for oil. The cost of that unit is about $100 and labor to install is about $70. I run the car with Mobil 1 syn oil.

You can get a Nismo oil cooler, but that is quite a few bucks and I doubt that is necessary unless you really are racing wheel to wheel, or trying to run West Texas to Albequerque in record time during August.