Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

PE TT Dyno #'s ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:51 AM
1G-350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PE TT Dyno #'s ?

I'm pretty much set on gettin the PE kit (may be APS / don't want to wait)
I want to run it around 7PSI, I was wondering what kind dyno numbers are out there and what additional mod's were done to get them there....
I need at least 400-420 rwhp (tuned), I'd be willing to change the pistons and rods to acheive that, but then I would want a little more rwhp....[I][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]
Old 07-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Trent@MVP

To achieve 420rwhp with this kit, you would definitely want a bit more boost and pistons and rods to be on the safe side. Once you did that, you could of course bump it up from there.

On a bone stock Z with 5.5psi outta the box, you should make about 330rwhp. Bump it up to 7psi on an otherwise stock Z, you should get about 350rwhp or so.

Add a full exhaust to this along with deletion of the cats, you will have about 375-385 at 7psi. 385rwhp with these cars is crazy. I'd recommend getting the kit and run around with it as it comes out of the box and then consider bumping it up later on. See how you like 5.5psi and then maybe slap it up to 7 or 7.5 and see what you think from there. I think you will be PLEASANTLY surprised at the performance of this kit.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:31 PM
1G-350Z

Cool

Originally posted by Trent@MVP
To achieve 420rwhp with this kit, you would definitely want a bit more boost and pistons and rods to be on the safe side. Once you did that, you could of course bump it up from there.

On a bone stock Z with 5.5psi outta the box, you should make about 330rwhp. Bump it up to 7psi on an otherwise stock Z, you should get about 350rwhp or so.

Add a full exhaust to this along with deletion of the cats, you will have about 375-385 at 7psi. 385rwhp with these cars is crazy. I'd recommend getting the kit and run around with it as it comes out of the box and then consider bumping it up later on. See how you like 5.5psi and then maybe slap it up to 7 or 7.5 and see what you think from there. I think you will be PLEASANTLY surprised at the performance of this kit.
Trent

Thanks for the feedback; I'm difinatly doing the EVO2 with random tech. cats and JWT Fly and clutch, in conjuction with the PE kit. I took a peak at your web-site... I noticed a nicley tunned Z producing over 400 rwhp with a Greddy kit, any preference? Seems like the Greddy kit is more tunable...

I drove in a 350Z Roadster with the PE kit and usual upgrades at a local performance shop in Long Island, I was very impressed. They were running 5.5 psi. The car was difinatly fast, I think I need a little more... Which means opening up the motor. I don't mind spending the extra money.... I'm concerned about the reliability....

Rob P
Old 07-21-2004, 12:32 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys... I will be dynoing the car in the next 2-7 days. Installing my HKS EVC boost controller tomorrow! Will by dynoing on a Dynapack for now (much better for tuning IMO)...

BTW, out of the box, the kit is set at 4.35 psi, not 5.x

With a very safe tune (16 deg total advance at redline, 10.8-11.2 a/f) I am doing about 13.18 in the 1/4 mile (@106.5mph) and 4.96sec 0-60; all this at 4.3 psi on a 200lbs heavier sedan with a 265lb driver (ME), 3/4 full tank of gas, and crappy tires (so horrible 60' times). Z's can do considerably better than this due to the weight advantage.

I love this kit... you are making an excellent decision. THe PE is very tunable, just with a TS upgrade. I personally prefer this to a piggyback fuel computer, but that's just me. You can flash it for the highest PSI you are planning to boost and then turn the boost down safely. all you are sacrificing is that your timing will be 2-4 degrees too retarded from what you could run safely at the lower boost setting. But if you are at a lower boost setting, you are probably not concerned with being as fast as you possibly can...

G
Old 07-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by gurgenpb01
Guys... I will be dynoing the car in the next 2-7 days. Installing my HKS EVC boost controller tomorrow! Will by dynoing on a Dynapack for now (much better for tuning IMO)...

G

Awesome! I cant wait to see the very first publically released dyno on the PE!!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:44 AM
1G-350Z

Guys

Thanks for the feed back.... I'm looking fwd to those #'s in the few days....
Old 07-21-2004, 09:37 AM
kjbalto

How come Chebosto hasn't posted his dyno sheet? He was posting all the time about his kit and once he got it he seems to have disappeared and gets mad when people ask to see his dyno sheets. Was he not happy with the outcome?