Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Failure Sending Unit Back…

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Daking350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh ps..I am curious to see if it was an install issue, mine was the main jack shaft got warped probably from over tourqing it. The main pulley sheared the keyway off...If vortech will formally state it was a botched install then your dealer should pay for it.And I am just curious why you would let the dealer do the install, you still voided your entire drivetrain warranty and they know it.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:16 PM
dfw350z

Originally posted by Daking350z
oh ps..I am curious to see if it was an install issue, mine was the main jack shaft got warped probably from over tourqing it. The main pulley sheared the keyway off...If vortech will formally state it was a botched install then your dealer should pay for it.And I am just curious why you would let the dealer do the install, you still voided your entire drivetrain warranty and they know it.
========================

“you still voided your entire drivetrain warranty and they know it.”

I disagree as does my dealership. The only reason why you get declined coverage is if they can prove the SC caused the problem. I would much rather put $7k in my dealers pocket than an aftermarket shop if a warranty issue was to arise. They would tend to side for you the customer since the dealership makes the decisions on coverage’s.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:23 AM
chaparro78

Originally posted by dfw350z
========================

“you still voided your entire drivetrain warranty and they know it.”

I disagree as does my dealership. The only reason why you get declined coverage is if they can prove the SC caused the problem. I would much rather put $7k in my dealers pocket than an aftermarket shop if a warranty issue was to arise. They would tend to side for you the customer since the dealership makes the decisions on coverage’s.
Grubbs Infiniti is an authorised dealer and installer for vortech, ati, and greddy. They stand behind their work and they seem to correct any issues that have come about without hassle. And like it was stated, since they have the final word onwhat causes the issue, I feel safer dealing with them knowing they did the work.

If a problem arises and you have a self install or tuner shop install the dealership can be quick to point that the F/I system is at fault. Grubbs has fixed several problems that have come about on several cars and did the work under warrenty. That has been my experience with them, and from what I have seen, they have a good list of satisfied customers
Old 09-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Daking350z
Banned

Originally posted by chaparro78
Grubbs Infiniti is an authorised dealer and installer for vortech, ati, and greddy. They stand behind their work and they seem to correct any issues that have come about without hassle. And like it was stated, since they have the final word onwhat causes the issue, I feel safer dealing with them knowing they did the work.

If a problem arises and you have a self install or tuner shop install the dealership can be quick to point that the F/I system is at fault. Grubbs has fixed several problems that have come about on several cars and did the work under warrenty. That has been my experience with them, and from what I have seen, they have a good list of satisfied customers
We shall see if you go to them with a melted piston or snapped connecting rod.They will drop the problem like a hot potato...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:46 PM
gspot35

Come on now, let's get serious. That statement is a given! I agree with DFW, as I had my s/c installed by the dealer. If I have a problem with the ABS system the dealer may say the install of the s/c caused the problem, where they wouldn't say that if they did the install, same goes for the a/c lines, or if you get an oil leak. There are a ton of things that can go wrong during the install that are the fault of the installation/warranty problems, both of which were done by the dealer. See my point atleast?

QUOTE]Originally posted by Daking350z
We shall see if you go to them with a melted piston or snapped connecting rod.They will drop the problem like a hot potato... [/QUOTE]