Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jotech TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:34 PM
uplz4588

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jotech TT kit

anyone here have the Jotech TT kit like the one in the ZvsEvo video? it uses Garrett turbos as well, anyone know if this kit is anygood? only problem i see w/ the APS kit is the internal wastegates... bad for high boost junkys...
Old 09-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Jotech unit is what SkiDazzle had in his car. It was a very expensive custom setup, and to my knowledge, they don't sell that as a kit for the normal people.

Lately, Jotech has been installing and tuning several strong Greddy TT kits, with a customer Jotech fuel system.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Ellas1

My car is at Jotech right now getting redone... The system I'm doing is not a complete custom kit but I am changing the greddy turbos and manifolds that came with the kit.... We're also doing a aebs stroker motor, custom fuel system and hks fcon... I can't wait to get my baby back it's going to be a lonely winter..
Old 09-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

that is going to be one sic car...can't wait man! Pics please.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:14 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by gq_626
I think the Jotech unit is what SkiDazzle had in his car. It was a very expensive custom setup, and to my knowledge, they don't sell that as a kit for the normal people.
You're 100% correct. They had SKiDaZZLe's car for 4 or 5 months getting it all done and they flat out said they don't want to build another one from scratch--they've done a few Greddy set ups, though.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:41 PM
uplz4588

Ellas1--- OMG!!! i cant wait to see that thing rip it up!!! i bet ittle be one of the fastest Z's in the states... best of luck to you!
Old 09-07-2004, 03:10 PM
t32gzz

I have one of the Greddy Jotech Z's, and as all have said, the custom Garrett turbos were only done once for SKiDaZZLe's car. If you want Garrett turbos, open waste gates and budget is not an issue, call Jotech and talk to Alex.

Rich- I can't believe you let the cat out of the bag this early!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:28 AM
chaparro78

Originally posted by Ellas1
My car is at Jotech right now getting redone... The system I'm doing is not a complete custom kit but I am changing the greddy turbos and manifolds that came with the kit.... We're also doing a aebs stroker motor, custom fuel system and hks fcon... I can't wait to get my baby back it's going to be a lonely winter..
Your car will definately be sick, but so will the cost. They are good tuners but the prices they charge for non honda/acura is insaine. I still remember my $14k estimate from them .

I told them my goal was 400rwhp, thats it, and still they insisted on all these other addons and promiced 425rwhp yeild. I believe they could have done it but for $7k less and through Grubbs Infiniti I obtained my goal and kept the warrenty.

Nothing against your car, I know it will be a beast. Just the fortune those guys charge still amazes me.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:28 PM
315drags

so how much did you spend on the S/C?

Originally posted by chaparro78
Your car will definately be sick, but so will the cost. They are good tuners but the prices they charge for non honda/acura is insaine. I still remember my $14k estimate from them .

I told them my goal was 400rwhp, thats it, and still they insisted on all these other addons and promiced 425rwhp yeild. I believe they could have done it but for $7k less and through Grubbs Infiniti I obtained my goal and kept the warrenty.

Nothing against your car, I know it will be a beast. Just the fortune those guys charge still amazes me.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:49 AM
APS
Banned

Default Re: Jotech TT kit

Originally posted by uplz4588
only problem i see w/ the APS kit is the internal wastegates... bad for high boost junkys...
High boost pressure is so easy for the APS/Garrett GT series dual ball bearing tubos with internal wastegates................it's real easy to install higher poundage actuators to up the boost pressure.................how much boost do you want.

Thanks

Peter
Old 01-12-2005, 01:09 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

old thread

Last edited by phunk; 01-12-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:47 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have driven SkiDazZles old car. It belongs to a very nice guy named Alain (SN - INDECIS) here in VA and is currently for sale for 40K-ish if anyone is interested in picking up a well tuned, high power TT Z with more goodies than you can shake a stick at. That was one of the most amazing experiences ever, and it was set at around 6.5 pounds of boost. The car dynoed to 453 RWHP and something like 10.5 PSi. Talk about a rush....

Yeah, I know it's an old thread, but I consider it a pleasure to have driven such a well known (and fun to drive) car.

Last edited by kcobean; 01-16-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:41 PM
INDECIS

Default Re: Jotech TT kit

Originally posted by uplz4588
anyone here have the Jotech TT kit like the one in the ZvsEvo video? it uses Garrett turbos as well, anyone know if this kit is anygood? only problem i see w/ the APS kit is the internal wastegates... bad for high boost junkys...
I have now Skidazzle's car and feel like giving you some update on what was recently done on the car. I posted on the Mid-Atlantic forum. Here is the link for the thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....58#post1244758
Old 01-24-2005, 07:29 AM
kjbalto

Why did Skidazzle sell the car and why do you want to sell it now?
Old 01-24-2005, 09:42 AM
INDECIS

Originally posted by kjbalto
You will have to ask this question to Skidazzle. I cant answer for him. Now for me, I am in no rush to sell. If a decent offer shows up, fine. If not fine too. I have invested another $4,000 in mod since I bought it and I am looking for a new set of wheels. First I wanted to sell because a back surgery. I did recover very well and this dont bother me anymore. The reason why I keep the door open to a sale is because this car is too much for me. I am 51 and dont go to the race track, neither I try to race with the kids in the street. Did you see the thread on what is the age of Z owners. 70% of them are under 35. Then 25% between 35 and 50. The last 5% for the over 50. I think it is time to pack and look for something more of my age.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by kjbalto
I believe Michael (skidazzle) said he wanted to move onto another project (not sure what car he went to next).
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
t32gzz

Truth be told... Michael wanted to get rid of the car because he was afraid that it would blow at anytime. He decided he wanted something reliable that was not a ticking time bomb. He now drives an 01 Altima with an exhaust. He is saving for the Skyline in the future.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 PM
kjbalto

That's more of what I was thinking. Maybe something went wrong and he knew it was going to be a domino affect so he got rid of the car while it was still running. I'm about to go FI on my G35 and that's the thing that scares me. I don't want to invest all this money and have to make the sign of the cross everytime I beat on the car hoping it doesn't die on me. But hey, ya gotta pay to play!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 06:25 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by t32gzz
Truth be told... Michael wanted to get rid of the car because he was afraid that it would blow at anytime. He decided he wanted something reliable that was not a ticking time bomb. He now drives an 01 Altima with an exhaust. He is saving for the Skyline in the future.
Honestly, I don't think your post is quite fair. At first read, it sounds as if you are implying that Michael had no faith in this particular car because of what had been done to it by Jo-Tech. His car went F/I very early on, before there was much of a survival history for F/I Z's with stock internals. I believe that regardless of what F/I solution had been installed on the car, his concern would have been exactly the same because so few people had "gone before him". It's scary being a pioneer.

The truth is that the car was built properly with a good tuning solution for A/F and timing, fuel supply, etc. and has not had any problems to speak of. If he sold it because he feared that it was a "time-bomb", I doubt that fear was directed at this car specifically but more at a platform that was relatively untested at the time.

If I was in the market for a Z knowing what I know now, I would buy this car. It's got a great history, and for the asking price, it's an absolute steal, even if you did have to replace internals. Let's say you paid 10K to pull the motor and build it. That's $50K-ish for a 500+ CHP car with more toys on it than you can shake a stick at. Alain has maintained the 40K+ in receipts for product that has gone into the car. Can you say Wow! I love this car.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by kcobean
Honestly, I don't think your post is quite fair. At first read, it sounds as if you are implying that Michael had no faith in this particular car because of what had been done to it by Jo-Tech. His car went F/I very early on, before there was much of a survival history for F/I Z's with stock internals. I believe that regardless of what F/I solution had been installed on the car, his concern would have been exactly the same because so few people had "gone before him". It's scary being a pioneer.

The truth is that the car was built properly with a good tuning solution for A/F and timing, fuel supply, etc. and has not had any problems to speak of. If he sold it because he feared that it was a "time-bomb", I doubt that fear was directed at this car specifically but more at a platform that was relatively untested at the time.

If I was in the market for a Z knowing what I know now, I would buy this car. It's got a great history, and for the asking price, it's an absolute steal, even if you did have to replace internals. Let's say you paid 10K to pull the motor and build it. That's $50K-ish for a 500+ CHP car with more toys on it than you can shake a stick at. Alain has maintained the 40K+ in receipts for product that has gone into the car. Can you say Wow! I love this car.
Just so you know, t32 and Michael are friends off of this forum. He isn't just speculating. It's a good car, granted, but any F/I owner over 380rwhp is going to need new pistons and rods after a while, might as well do it before something goes wrong.

Quick Reply: Jotech TT kit