Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

UPDATE: Ultimate Racing TT

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 01:52 PM
aalzuhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up UPDATE: Ultimate Racing TT

Hi all,

Just to bring everybody up to date, first let me give you some background information. We installed Ultimate Racing TT and it was not working fine. So I checked the engine and it turned out to be that I had three coils burned (e-manage issue).

Today I got the coils in and installed it and tried to start the car but it did not, so after some head scratching, I hooked the ECU directly without the e-manage and to my surprise the car started and the idled perfectly.

So I took out the harness (the one that Patch makes) and checked all the connections with a multimeter and all the connections were fine!!! So again some head scratching…

After I doubled checked everything I went back to the car and hooked up the e-manage and same thing, the car would not start, however gas smell came from the exhaust, so I know that most likely it’s the ignition on the e-manage is not working.

Anyway, at the end I decided to reconnect the e-manage ignition harness together (I just made very short wires and joined them in the connecter, “ign. In” to “ign. Out”) and after all that the car started.

Now at idle it does have a bit of a hiccup but its fine, I think I’m just going to get me a new e-manage unless anybody have any ideas on what should I do.

I toke the car for a quick spin and man ……….. NOW that is a TT Z I’m very happy with the outcome… I would recommend for everyone a good dose of TT three times a day seven days a week .

I will take the car out for a good spin tomorrow and I shall keep you all posted. And once I have the LM-1 AFR meter hooked up and start logging (AFR, RPM, boost, TPS, IAT and engine coolant temp) I will try to make a short and informative review of the TT kit and all other parts in combination with ACP e-manage map.

Have a good one

Az
Old 09-19-2004, 09:54 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i am very affraid right now for your state of tune. hold off on boosting it until you get the wideband in there and can datalog everything.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:13 AM
aalzuhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by phunk
i am very affraid right now for your state of tune. hold off on boosting it until you get the wideband in there and can datalog everything.
I have already ordered a new e-manage. On data logging I have all the wires hooked up, I will use it today and see what goes on But overall the car is running fine except for idle but I think it’s caused by the new map having too much fuel at idle.

Az

PS: If the engine goes then I’m FORCED to build a new one sleeved and the whole 9 yards.