Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy TT Install -Emanage & Vacuum Hose Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 05:32 PM
DiabieZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy TT Install -Emanage & Vacuum Hose Questions

I've been slowly starting to work on my Greddy TT kit for my Z. I've come up with a couple questions about the install.

1) in the "Preparation" section of directions, for the emanage, it says to connect a break out box (SST) and Y-cable adapter(SST) between ECM and ECM harness connector. I'm not sure what either of these are, i understand the diagram, however this is confusing me.

2) when connecting the vacuum lines to the wastegates the side ports come together and go to the vacuum source on the intake manifold. i have the profec E-01 and and am thinking that i hook up the top ports of the waste gates together to the E-01 pressure sensor and use the intake vacuum as a source, is this the correct set up?

Any input would be helpful, thanks Nick
Old 09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Greddy TT Install -Emanage & Vacuum Hose Questions

Originally posted by DiabieZ
I've been slowly starting to work on my Greddy TT kit for my Z. I've come up with a couple questions about the install.

1) in the "Preparation" section of directions, for the emanage, it says to connect a break out box (SST) and Y-cable adapter(SST) between ECM and ECM harness connector. I'm not sure what either of these are, i understand the diagram, however this is confusing me.

2) when connecting the vacuum lines to the wastegates the side ports come together and go to the vacuum source on the intake manifold. i have the profec E-01 and and am thinking that i hook up the top ports of the waste gates together to the E-01 pressure sensor and use the intake vacuum as a source, is this the correct set up?

Any input would be helpful, thanks Nick
Well, I only have the eManage unit, not the complete TT kit so I can only answer question#1...

The information about the Break out box and Y-cable are from a page in the 350Z Service Manual. They are talking about hooking up some type of diagnostic tool in between the ECU and harness so that it can read the signals. You don't have to worry about doing that.

I would recommend picking up one of THESE up to hook in between the ECU and Harness so that you are not splicing into the factory wiring harness. It's a bit expensive ($249), but if you've spent $8K+ already, what's another $200?

Just splice the wires into the ECU wiring harness (or the above mentioned adapter) by following the diagram provided by GReddy and then your'e set! :-)

-Chris
Old 09-20-2004, 04:21 PM
DiabieZ

Default Re: Re: Greddy TT Install -Emanage & Vacuum Hose Questions

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
Well, I only have the eManage unit, not the complete TT kit so I can only answer question#1...

The information about the Break out box and Y-cable are from a page in the 350Z Service Manual. They are talking about hooking up some type of diagnostic tool in between the ECU and harness so that it can read the signals. You don't have to worry about doing that.

I would recommend picking up one of THESE up to hook in between the ECU and Harness so that you are not splicing into the factory wiring harness. It's a bit expensive ($249), but if you've spent $8K+ already, what's another $200?

Just splice the wires into the ECU wiring harness (or the above mentioned adapter) by following the diagram provided by GReddy and then your'e set! :-)

-Chris
Sweet, this will be a big help. I had figured the service manual page was not related but i wanted to be sure.

Also thanks for the link to the wiring harness, this should be a great help

-Nick
Old 09-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding the second question...the top ports are for the boost controller...not the pressure sensor. The pressure sensors just needs a vaccum source...anywhere on the manifold is fine, or you can "T" any existing vaccum line.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:42 PM
DiabieZ

Originally posted by gq_626
Regarding the second question...the top ports are for the boost controller...not the pressure sensor. The pressure sensors just needs a vaccum source...anywhere on the manifold is fine, or you can "T" any existing vaccum line.
My bad on that first post, i meant to say the valve unit where i wrote pressure sensor. So what i meant was this...

Do the side ports of the wastegates "T" together and connect to the vacuum line on the manifold? (Pressure sensor here - right?)

Do the top ports "T" together and then route to the Valve unit for the E-01 for boost control, using the same vacuum line from the manifold as the source. (Top ports merge into one line then to COM port of Valve Unit, vacuum source connected to NC port of Valve Unit?)
I hope that is more clear...thanks,

-Nick