Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS Single Turbo Kit in Developement

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering, what is the price range going to be on this? This will determine ultimately if I go Turbonetics or APS.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:16 AM
ColecatZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel, as an alternative to supercharging, that being limited to 500rwhp is completely acceptable. I have posted at length in other threads that it only makes sense to match the flow characteristics of the single turbo itself to the maximum output of the stock internals. If someone needs more power and decides to upgrade the internals, what is a little more expense to change the turbo. (assuming they address the need for a bigger downpipe)

An 800rwhp turbo is no good to me with stock internals that will buckle at 450-500

Will watch this closely over the next few months.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Nissan350ZTT
Just wondering, what is the price range going to be on this? This will determine ultimately if I go Turbonetics or APS.
Well ultimately price will depend on the engineering level of the APS intercooled turbo system and how complete the turbo system is in terms of performance hardware.

There are a number of different packaging approaches APS could offer so I would appreciate any input from you guys as what you would like to see in the base APS intercooled single turbo system.

At this stage we are working towards an MSRP of approximately $4995 and this would include the following APS quality hardware,

1) Cast ductile iron high - energy turbo exhaust manifold(s)

2) Water cooled Garrett dual ball bearing turbocharger (600 HP)

3) Massive High flow bar and plate air to air intercooler

4) Polished stainless steel intercooler ducting

5) Comprehensive fuel system (similar to the APS TT system)

6) high capacity cast alloy air cooled oil pan with turbo oil return port

7) Engine management with full ignition timing, boost control , and air/fuel ratio control.

I look forward to hearing from you guys/gals as to product specification, price on the APS single turbo system and your input on this topic is most welcome

Thanks

peter
Old 11-29-2004, 02:19 PM
damen

would we need an upgraded fuel pump as well peter, or could you include that in the kit?

also as you are working on this kit can you please put the G35 into production as well. some of us hate being out of the loop for the extra months. hehehe thanks if possible.

damen
Old 11-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Would there be anyway we could get a base kit? So we can tune everything on our own? Or maybe just a basic engine management system. I planned on using a Greddy E-Manage system and doing it all myself.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:17 PM
G3po

Default ST BOV

Originally posted by APS
Well ultimately price will depend on the engineering level of the APS intercooled turbo system and how complete the turbo system is in terms of performance hardware.

There are a number of different packaging approaches APS could offer so I would appreciate any input from you guys as what you would like to see in the base APS intercooled single turbo system.

At this stage we are working towards an MSRP of approximately $4995 and this would include the following APS quality hardware,

1) Cast ductile iron high - energy turbo exhaust manifold(s)

2) Water cooled Garrett dual ball bearing turbocharger (600 HP)

3) Massive High flow bar and plate air to air intercooler

4) Polished stainless steel intercooler ducting

5) Comprehensive fuel system (similar to the APS TT system)

6) high capacity cast alloy air cooled oil pan with turbo oil return port

7) Engine management with full ignition timing, boost control , and air/fuel ratio control.

I look forward to hearing from you guys/gals as to product specification, price on the APS single turbo system and your input on this topic is most welcome

Thanks

peter
I assume you'll package a BOV with this kit as well?
Old 11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
damen

also what about injectors?
Old 11-29-2004, 04:52 PM
mchapman

Fuel pump, injectors and rising rate fuel pressure regulator are included in their TT kit. So if the fuel system on the single is like the twins, as Peter has stated, then it would have all these included.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:18 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by ColecatZ
I feel, as an alternative to supercharging, that being limited to 500rwhp is completely acceptable. I have posted at length in other threads that it only makes sense to match the flow characteristics of the single turbo itself to the maximum output of the stock internals. If someone needs more power and decides to upgrade the internals, what is a little more expense to change the turbo. (assuming they address the need for a bigger downpipe)

An 800rwhp turbo is no good to me with stock internals that will buckle at 450-500

Will watch this closely over the next few months.

I agree with your thoughts about matching the APS intercooled turbo system performance to that of the stock internals though it would be nice to leave some head room for additional power for the guys who intend building stronger engines in the future.

Will keep you guys informed with progress and more info over the coming weeks.

Thanks

Peter
Old 11-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Pilot_Z

Peter-
If you can stick with this price, then where do I send the check?

...all kidding aside, (I know where to send the check....Strictly Z?)...it sounds like you will have a very well engineered and complete kit that I want!

Pilot_Z
Old 11-29-2004, 06:57 PM
accordfreak

what's the size and specs of the turbo?
Old 11-29-2004, 07:12 PM
APS
Banned

Default Re: ST BOV

Originally posted by G3po
I assume you'll package a BOV with this kit as well?
Absolutely G3po.

A dual vent APS BOV (identical to the BOV in the APS TT system) will be included in the APS Intercooled Single Turbo system.

Thanks

peter
Old 11-29-2004, 07:25 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by damen
also what about injectors?

Yes 6 multi orifice 500cc fuel injectors will be included in the APS Intercooled Single Turbo system designed for the Z engine with the multi valve cyl head (correct spray pattern and delta angle for the VQ-35 4 valve cyl head).

Have a browse of the APS web site as all of the fuel system info from the APS TT system will be applied to the APS single turbo system http:// www.**************/350z/fuel/fuel.htm

Thanks

peter
Old 11-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Wicked4u2c

IM SOLD NOW!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:00 PM
ether

how about RHD and LHD compatibility.. I'll take a wild guess that the turbo will be on right hand side of the car
Old 11-30-2004, 04:59 AM
BrianLG35C

Peter,

What hp can we expect with out of the box conservative tuning? What rpm range do you expect the boost to prominently kick in? Please, please make this available for the G!!
Old 11-30-2004, 05:08 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Pilot_Z
Peter-
If you can stick with this price, then where do I send the check?

...all kidding aside, (I know where to send the check....Strictly Z?)...it sounds like you will have a very well engineered and complete kit that I want!

Pilot_Z
Thanks and I'm positive that the APS turbo system will set a new benchmark within the 350Z industry...............certainly a very interesting and challenging engineering project for APS.

Thanks for your kind words and I will keep you guys updated with more information over the coming weeks.

I can't 100% promise this will be the MSRP ($4995) though I can assure you APS will do all in it's power to deliver excellent bang for buck.

Thanks

Peter
Old 11-30-2004, 05:16 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by accordfreak
what's the size and specs of the turbo?
APS has tested a good number of single Dual ball Garrett water cooled turbos on the Z engine.

The final turbo spec is not yet set in stone though I believe APS will specify a 65 lbs per minute mass air flow turbo................should be good enough for around 600 to 650 horses if we can package a decent sized down pipe.

Would need a 3.5'' down pipe to fully utilise the full power potential of the 65 lbs per minute Garrett dual ball bearing turbo............this is going to be a REAL challenge.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-01-2004, 11:55 AM
andypandy

wow, now that's a real nut kicker. great price for a great kit..! a few questions... what do you mean by a 'base kit'? do you mean a tuner kit with only the manifolds, turbo and downpipe? seems like the offering kit you've described has pretty much everything in a special combo meal.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:23 PM
LuksEaZy

I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT IS OUT!!!!

Quick Reply: APS Single Turbo Kit in Developement