Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS Single Turbo Kit in Developement

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:22 PM
APS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ether
how about RHD and LHD compatibility.. I'll take a wild guess that the turbo will be on right hand side of the car
This right hand/left hand drive compatibility issue does make the engineering challenge even greater.

The APS plan is to release a single Intercooled Turbo system to cater for both right hand/left hand drive Z cars if practical, as long as this does not compromise the production cost of the left hand drive Intercooled Turbo System.

There are a number of different turbo positions for the APS single turbo system development. I believe you will find that the APS engineered approach will make a lot of sense when I'm able to post pictures of the final single intercooled turbo system product.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-05-2004, 02:16 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by BrianLG35C
Peter,

What hp can we expect with out of the box conservative tuning? What rpm range do you expect the boost to prominently kick in? Please, please make this available for the G!!
Well this very much depends on the turbomatching (turbo size APS decides on for the base system) and the fuel octane you guys have available.

I know for sure that the single APS Ball Bearing Intercooled Turbo System will produce around 380 to 400 WHP easily on 94 octane fuel with thorough computer tuning at around 8 PSI turbo pressure.

The real key to safe though high power is awesome intercooling to keep charge air temperature down and precise control of ignition timing (ignition timing retard at higher boost pressure) to avoid engine detonation which is the enemy of all FI engines.

You can expect a real awesome boost/torque curve from the APS single Turbo System as the Ball bearing Garrett turbo will be precisely matched to engine capacity and the exhaust manifolding will provide optimal exhaust gas flow/energy to the Turbocharger.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
ether

Peter,

the fuel system for the twin and I'm assuming for the single turbo system, has the fuel pressure regulator and return line right outside the fuel tank. wondering why its located there instead of closer to the stock fuel rails? I get the point of upgrading the stock fuel pump and regulator to better control and adjust as needed the fuel pressure. did you find that there was little to no benefit of locating it closer to the stock fuel rails? also while I realize that placing the fp regulator after the injectors would require new fuel rails or modifications to the stock ones (hence a higher price), wondering if you see merit, and if so how much, of setting up the fp regulator after the injectors, both for your out of the box kit and for situations with higher levels of boost?
Old 12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by andypandy
wow, now that's a real nut kicker. great price for a great kit..! a few questions... what do you mean by a 'base kit'? do you mean a tuner kit with only the manifolds, turbo and downpipe? seems like the offering kit you've described has pretty much everything in a special combo meal.
Yeah we at APS believe that this new single Intercooled Turbo package will provide an excellent entry level into the Forced induction market at a very affordable price, with a high level of engineering behind the product to ensure safe engine operation on standard engine internals.

There may be a number of options for the APS single turbo system (to keep the MSRP sensible) as the specifictaion has not yet been finalised, it's certainly our intention to keep the APS product very cost effective yet allowing guys the flexibility to pass the hot engine emissions test (the US federal engine emission test IM-240) and upgrade to even higher power down the path.

The base APS turbo system will have every nut, bolt,washer required for the single turbo conversion and the engine management has not yet ben finalised, we are still considering which is the best way to proceed in order to satisfy customer demand, will let you know when I have firm information on this topic.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-07-2004, 01:57 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by LuksEaZy
I CAN'T WAIT TILL IT IS OUT!!!!
Thanks and I suspect many others feel the same way given the amount of pm's and emails I have received lately!

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-07-2004, 02:08 PM
chaps

Hey Peter, what is the possibility of making this kit somewhat universal or multi platform? It would be great to see it work with the G cars and the FX as well. If you go in with the idea, maybe you could come out with a few piping options?
Old 12-08-2004, 02:32 PM
APS
Banned

Yes that's correct the 4 bar fuel pressure reg is mounted externally and pressure referenced to the inlet manifold.

Now obviously the fuel return could be done at the fuel rails, it's just a matter of where to start and stop with additional cost, nothing more nothing less.

We have tested the current fuel system to extreme levels (around 500 rwhp) and the APS fuel system performs well whilst keeping cost to a sensible limit.

We don't see any additional benefit at this power level to justify the additional cost of a full fuel return system from the main fuel rails.

The APS BIG fuel system will have full fuel return from all four billet alloy rails..................I guess it all comes down to cost and what power level you're intending to generate.

Thanks

Peter

Originally posted by ether
Peter,

the fuel system for the twin and I'm assuming for the single turbo system, has the fuel pressure regulator and return line right outside the fuel tank. wondering why its located there instead of closer to the stock fuel rails? I get the point of upgrading the stock fuel pump and regulator to better control and adjust as needed the fuel pressure. did you find that there was little to no benefit of locating it closer to the stock fuel rails? also while I realize that placing the fp regulator after the injectors would require new fuel rails or modifications to the stock ones (hence a higher price), wondering if you see merit, and if so how much, of setting up the fp regulator after the injectors, both for your out of the box kit and for situations with higher levels of boost?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
learn2turn

WILL IT FIT THE AUTO TRANS ?
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by learn2turn
J/P with you man.
Attached Thumbnails APS Single Turbo Kit in Developement-keyboard4.jpg  
Old 12-08-2004, 06:14 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by chaps
Hey Peter, what is the possibility of making this kit somewhat universal or multi platform? It would be great to see it work with the G cars and the FX as well. If you go in with the idea, maybe you could come out with a few piping options?
Well APS will certainly look at these options.................will certainly check out the G35 for the APS single Turbo system development though as of now I have no way for APS to verify fitment on the FX as of now.

Maybe you could ship an FX out to Oz then I promise you APS would investigate the FX Turbo issue thoroughly.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-08-2004, 07:20 PM
IceY2K1Max

Peter,

Wow~! Love the stuff you guys come up with and if you duplicate the twin-turbo IC design except with a single lower inlet endtank, man that's going to be super nice for my application.

Are things like the IC and this fuel system available alone? If so, any chance you can reveal their price?

Originally posted by APS
Yes 6 multi orifice 500cc fuel injectors will be included in the APS Intercooled Single Turbo system designed for the Z engine with the multi valve cyl head (correct spray pattern and delta angle for the VQ-35 4 valve cyl head).

Have a browse of the APS web site as all of the fuel system info from the APS TT system will be applied to the APS single turbo system http:// www.**************/350z/fuel/fuel.htm

Thanks

peter
Old 12-08-2004, 07:27 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by learn2turn
Still need to verify fitment with the auto trans though I'm 99% sure the APS Single Turbo system will be compatible for the auto Z car.

Will let you know when I know for sure.

Thanks

Peter
Old 12-08-2004, 08:06 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by IceY2K1Max
Peter,

Wow~! Love the stuff you guys come up with and if you duplicate the twin-turbo IC design except with a single lower inlet endtank, man that's going to be super nice for my application.

Are things like the IC and this fuel system available alone? If so, any chance you can reveal their price?
Hey thanks for your kind words though as of now we don't offer any of the APS turbo system parts as stand alone items except for the APS high volume oil pan.

Thanks

peter
Old 12-08-2004, 08:24 PM
IceY2K1Max

DAMN YOU~!!!!!

J/K....hopefully when you do, I can afford them...haha.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:36 PM
damen

hey peter, learn2turn is talking about the A/T G35 sedan.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More info today...http://www.airpowersystems.com/350z/.../it_system.htm
Old 12-24-2004, 08:14 AM
screaminz
Banned

What about the Torque Ratings with this system? And the dyno shows 386 rwh but at how many lbs of boost?
screaminz
Old 12-24-2004, 09:17 AM
ColecatZ

Awesome!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 09:38 AM
dansouliere

I much prefer this design over the Turbonetics
Old 12-24-2004, 02:21 PM
ss350

This design looks like its gonna kick ***!!!! With a competitive price, this kit will be selling like crazy.

Good work aps!

Quick Reply: APS Single Turbo Kit in Developement